It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

West Bank rabbi bans women from local election

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   

news.bbc.co.uk...

The chief rabbi of a West Bank settlement has prohibited women from standing in a local community election.

Rabbi Elyakim Levanon of the Elon Moreh settlement, near Nablus, said women lacked the authority to stand for the post of local secretary.

He wrote in a community newspaper that women must only be heard through their husbands.

No women have registered for the election due to be held later on Wednesday, Israeli media reported.

The rabbi made his comments in the community's newspaper after an unidentified young woman wrote to him asking if she could run for the position of community secretary, the Israeli news website Ynet News said.

isnt this a funny predicament,
its just not their neigbours who has religous nutters keeping women back.
looks like israeli rabbis also share some common things with their counterparts next door.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Christ this isn't the good old days when women are just 'things'

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by illusive man

What a great example of the fundementalist nutters who have illegally colonised the West Bank at the expense of the Palestinians. Encouraged by succsessive Israeli administration.

There can only be peace if the Israeli government through the army forcibly evict these people. It is not going to happen.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Control freak man using any excuse to to keep his woman down because he is a inadequate asshole with a small penis....

That would be a better headline

I would like to see them try that with me.... They would get an orchiectomy with my 6 inch heels...

top topics

join