It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gibbs Privately Scolded Press For Asking Too Many BP Questions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Breitbart Video Link

More accusations of the administration trying to manipulate the press. I guess we're not supposed to ask or know what the Feds role in this actually is. Of course they are responsible for oversight, regulation and emergency services and they do tax the heck out the industry. This story is extremely important and the people and press have the right to ask for some explanations.

According to the report, Gibbs called reporters into the West Wing and scolded them for asking too many questions. This is an outrage, although typical for this administration.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I'd be suprised if this were at all suprising, but sadly, it's not!
This has been typical of Obama from the onset. I remember during the campaign there was some footage of him talking about controlling his election campaign by controlling the media's message. I also remember him discussing how he was a blank screen that people could project any image of him that he wanted.

But, yet millions of mouth-breathing zombies voted for him anyway - and millions of mouth-breathing zombies continue to support him despite the evidence that he isn't working for us!

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
I remember during the campaign there was some footage of him talking about controlling his election campaign by controlling the media's message.

That should be patently obvious even without such footage. The ABC's "Town Hall Meetings" on health care that were not town hall meetings (that Helen Thomas called out), the fake photo op's of the "doctors" who were handed white lab coats, and the general free pass from each media outlet except FOX... it's clear the media is in this administration's hands.

However, a year and a half into it the tides are turning on Obama. Even C. Matthews and J. Carville are criticizing Obama mercilessly and the public is tired of the cult of personality with the economy in shambles, the emotionally draining health care "debates" and now an environmental disaster being ignored.

Don't ask questions! Don't ask questions!

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I completely agree TD!

I think a big, BIG change is coming - this time for real. I just hope and pray that it is for the better and not the worse. Time will tell. Out last effort at implementing "Change" turned out to be worse than an EPIC FAIL - if that is even possible.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   

I completely agree TD!

I think a big, BIG change is coming - this time for real. I just hope and pray that it is for the better and not the worse. Time will tell. Out last effort at implementing "Change" turned out to be worse than an EPIC FAIL - if that is even possible.

I think every effort to bring about "Change" has failed epically since JFK's assassination.

Simply put, there really hasn't been any. Different face, different voice, different rhetoric, same corporate backers.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Gibbs comes across as a whiney weasel to me.

His job is extremely difficult, I'll give him that. But with the very limited media training I've had, I could do the same if not better.

Surely he won't last much longer...

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Glib Gibbs has made this type of response to reporters a standard operating procedure and it is pathetic. He makes no bones about publicly scolding reporters either.

Glibbs is more than just the press secretary though he is also one of Obama's closest hand maidens and advisors. Obama has clearly given him carte blanche with his daily pressers and all of the bunk that spews from his mouth on a daily basis. Gibbs is a clear reflection of his boss.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
The 'press' should publicly scold Gibbs at the next press briefing.

We will be waking up some morning to a vastly different country if this poo is allowed to continue!

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpectreDC
I think every effort to bring about "Change" has failed epically since JFK's assassination.

Simply put, there really hasn't been any. Different face, different voice, different rhetoric, same corporate backers.

Change has come in many ways since then, just usually for the worse. The catch phrases about "change you can believe in" and "yes, we can" are hollow and empty rhetoric anyway. It's a blank slate on which to write whatever you dream up as being better.

It appears that the honeymoon is over and the tides are turning for this corrupt administration.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   

I'd be suprised if this were at all suprising, but sadly, it's not!
This has been typical of Obama from the onset. I remember during the campaign there was some footage of him talking about controlling his election campaign by controlling the media's message. I also remember him discussing how he was a blank screen that people could project any image of him that he wanted.

But, yet millions of mouth-breathing zombies voted for him anyway - and millions of mouth-breathing zombies continue to support him despite the evidence that he isn't working for us!

Typical of Obama?
O Rly?
Do you mean to say the last administration didnt attempt to manipulate the press?

Manipulation of the press has been par for the course for every administration since the birth of this nation.

Attempting to blame Obama for everything makes you look very biased and hinders any validity your post might have.

People voted for Obama because on the flip side of the coin was McCain, who sold out to toe the party line and get his last shot at the oval office.
Once GWB's biggest republican critic, when the GOP offered him his shot, he became an advocate of their policies

new topics

top topics

join