It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you still buy BP gas/fuel?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Just curious.. I was almost out of gas today so I pulled off the freeway and stopped into a ARCO AM/PM station and right there on the pump was a nice BP logo. Hmmm I thought to myself... self I would rather you not give them any of your $$. I don't usually buy their gas, so never noticed the BP sticker on their pumps before.

I went across the street to Shell.. it was pretty empty because of the price.. like 10c more than the AM/PM. The AM/PM station was PACKED with people getting their "cheap" gas. Almost all of their stations are crowded here because they are all cheaper than other stations. All but a few of the pumps were full at AM/PM there were 3 rows, 12 pumps a row counting both sides.. so that is 36 vehicles max. I'd say there was about 32 cars there at the time. The Shell station across the street there was only 3 people including myself even tho they were giving a free car wash with a 8 gallon purchase. I needed a car wash anyways so it all worked out in the end

I looked online when I had the chance and found out all of the ARCO AM/PM stations here sell BP. Using there Gas and petrol station locator I found only one official BP station and tons of ARCO AM/PM. So I am wondering if anyone else is trying to avoid buying BP gas? It would seem the majority of people don't care or can't afford the extra cost of buying there gas somewhere else.

[edit on 25-5-2010 by SecretUsername]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Nope.

Still plenty doing so though. I drive by a group of 5 gas stations within one block each day after work. Still plenty of people pumping gas at BP even though they could go to any of the other 4.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
ARCO is BPs retail branch some parts of the US so of course they will sell BP fuel.

As for your main question, around my area there is only realy Shell stations or ones at supermarkets so i dont realy use BP anyway. but I wouldnt be put of buying from them if they where the cheapest.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I have never used BP b/c it was always more expensive, and the service wasn't great. I have no intention on going ever, even on road trips. I'll make a conscious effort not to go. I think others should do the same. There's always the rebuttal that the gas station owners are the one who feel the pinch, not BP. Well, I have no remorse for them. They should change companies than.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Also, BP goes as: Castrol, Arco, Aral, am/pm, Amoco, and Wild Bean Cafe, Safeway gas, and COSTCO gas.

new topics

top topics

join