It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Got a Powerbook G4! Have a Windows question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I finally got another Apple, it's a 15in Powerbook G4 PowerPC. I had the exact same one in a 17in and I know it can run Windows Word/Office 2004/2008. I need to know how to do it. I can't remember the program you have to download to run it. I have googled it but I am not good with hunting for this information. I also know Adobe CS3/CS4 can be run on it. I have looked in various Adobe and Apple forums and it can be done. I have all the requirements for a PowerPC. I need to know how to do it. Does anyone here have any knowledge about this??

This will make my life EASIER and I will keep my sanity. I am not a fan of PCs as many know on here
I am so happy to get back with a Mac

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
seems like you can't run parallels on the processor that you have. try looking into microsoft virtual pc or vmware for mac.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by toreishi
seems like you can't run parallels on the processor that you have. try looking into microsoft virtual pc or vmware for mac.

I have no idea what parallels are
A friend of mine has the same computer only it's a 17in, which is what I use to have. She has Adobe and Office on there. She got it from her old boss and it was already installed so she doesnt know how he put it on. I looked further online in numerous forums and I found that both programs work on this computer. I guess I just load it like normal.

Are those programs you suggest? I have never heard of either.

Thank You!

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
here are a couple of links, good luck:

Microsoft Virtual PC

Parallels

Running Windows on Mac

new topics

top topics

join