It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clarke and Dawes ask the million dollar questions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Very funny until you realize that this is the harsh reality. The financial crisis explained in a mere two and a halve minutes.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

As ever they are on the money.

They are perhaps the most insightful comedians going around. Just make sure to watch on Thursday for their next installment.

Just curious, profile says your in Amsterdam. How did you come across these two, or are you an ex-pat?

Cheers,
Pablo

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by pablos

Nope, I do live in Amsterdam and no, I was not familiar with this duo. Found this on one of the sites I regularly take stories from to post here on ATS. It happened to be that this video was on there as well and I think it was worth sharing it with you all

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

I would highly recommend finding more by these guys if you can.

A lot might go over your head as most of the comedy deals with Australian politics, but there are some ripping bits based on international issues.

They are on The 7.30 Report every Thursday. 7.30 Report is a news program on the ABC our national broadcaster.

Their technique is to have Clarke (the bald one) pretend to be the person being satirised with out the use of costume or makeup so it is just left to your imagination and their biting humour to sell the fact he is who he is.

However the best they have done was The Games.
Shown in 2000 just before the Olympics started in Sydney, the show revolved around these two playing the role of Australian Olympic organisers, and the dodgy backward way the whole thing was being set up.

I have posted a few good videos here for your amusement.

For now enjoy some of the funniest, and certainly original Australian comedians.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube-nocookie.com...

Cheers,
Pablo

[edit on 27-5-2010 by pablos]

top topics

join