It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Haunted Universe - big deal about nothing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I can't believe the attention given to Steven Nordquist's The Haunted Universe. Especially as the guy is apparently charging 1,000 bucks or whatever for a copy - this is some serious scam and people have bought it hook, line and sinker.

Nordquist has been mentioned on these forums, I was just reading about his 'ideas' today but can't recall what topic/s those posts are in. This snakeoil salesman is in effect charging 1,000 bucks to tell people that there IS NO enlightenment as in achieving enlightenment.

This is hardly an earth shattering observation - whether you believe in achieving enlightenment or not totally depends on your philosophy on life and the universe and many would even debate the term 'enlightenment' itself. Nordquist's song and dance about how there is no achieving consciousness because everything here and now is consciousness is remarkably.....................unremarkable.

In an article of his on the net which is the only thing worth reading from him because it's free unlike his dumb pricing for his book, he goes on about imagining ourselves in a haunted house and how we wander around and then discover more or less that we somehow don't exist in the way we thought we did. Yawn.

He then goes on to say how he is not Stephen sitting down at a table writing on a piece of paper because he has disappeared etc etc. The result of his having achieved enlightenment which is simply no special state but what we have already is he finds it hard to write and play his guitar.

I don't envy his 'discoveries' and I think it's obvious he belongs to the skeptical, reductionist school of philosophy. That is nothing new and that tradition at least has some writers who can write something interesting.

He encourages us to do this stare at the wall experiment. Please let me know what happens when you do.

Over to you...

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
There is no wall
Well if people are stupid enough to buy his books for £1000 then fair play to him, maybe I should write something similar and charge £500, a fool and his money are easily parted.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Hello,

I am the author of “Haunted Universe.” I have just released a “Newly Revised Edition” which is available for sale on Amazon at this link -
www.amazon.com...=tmm_pap_title_0

I am just as puzzled as you about these Amazon sellers trying to sell the last of the out of print First Editions for these ridiculously high prices. I would advise you ignore these sellers as the “Newly Revised Edition” is available on Amazon for only $13.99. You can also get it at this Createspace link:

www.createspace.com...

The revised edition of “Haunted Universe” represents a major refinement and purification of the original book. While the first edition had some humor and followed a basic personal narrative theme that allowed the reader time for contemplation, a moment to catch their breath, the revised version takes the form of an impersonal unrelenting dark prose. It is designed to challenge the reader from page one, to grip them emotionally and never let up. The revised edition also includes new material not in the first edition. They really are two entirely different books. The revised edition now represents my definitive statement on Enlightenment.

I welcome your feedback on the “Newly Revised Edition of Haunted Universe.”

You can send me an email at – [email protected]

Please visit my website and watch an HD book trailer - haunteduniverse.net...

Thank you,

Steven Norquist

new topics

join