It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God and us

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
We seem to be damned so why did God make us?

We cannot see our saviour.

God seems to like tormenting us.

Is it just a game?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows

Is it just a game?

All the people who end up going to hell will have done so because they actually prefer hell to being forced into the presence of God for all eternity. People like to live in their favorite sins and answer to no one else. They know that if they accept Jesus as Lord and Savior that God will want them to change their lives and they might have to give up some of their autonomy.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I would like to know why we are confounded.

Why are we made to suffer - where is God?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   

We are confounded only by the twists and limitations of Belief.

We aren't made to do anything. We choose to suffer because of our Beliefs. These are the very same beliefs that are taught to you from birth.. the teaching of doctrine, or "Indoctrination" as we now know it.

What people living in Belief call God is all around you. It is your neighbour, your lover, your enemy, your pets, the trees in your street, the wind in your hair, every sight, sound, and sensation imaginable.

You are never separated from it. But attachment to Belief will make you Believe you are, as it will make you believe that you are not-worthy, a bad little soul in deparate need of redemption for something you never did.

And that is the cause of your suffering.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

Well if we look at the Bible, or even other myths around the world, humans got out of hand, multiple times, at some point millenia ago.

Humans as a species could not control themselves. They were hellbent on self destruction. After the flood and the tower of Babel, humanity was divided and appointed wardens. G-d chose a nation personally and placed Michael as its warden, to be separate from the others. G-d has for the most part been reserved and let the wardens do their thing for thousands of years, but the wardens havn't done a good job and this has left the world in a mess.

G-d tells the prophets of Israel that He will destroy this Host of Wardens eventually. Jesus repeats the same prophecy and promises that it will fall and be destroyed. The Book of Revelations is essentially the story of its destruction and G-d's direct intervention and rule in the world.

So there is hope if you believe in it.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   

It's not a game, we do not have to suffer. The suffering is our own doing. If you're really interested in finding Him, I'd be glad to help as best I can, send U2U for details.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Loken68

Is it just a game?

All the people who end up going to hell will have done so because they actually prefer hell to being forced into the presence of God for all eternity. People like to live in their favorite sins and answer to no one else. They know that if they accept Jesus as Lord and Savior that God will want them to change their lives and they might have to give up some of their autonomy.

This is Agency Cat, you're here to make choices. Would you rather live with no suffering to offset happiness? What good is a weekend when you're unemployed.

What is there to learn from life without mishaps and setbacks. Some think the forbidden fruit was placed there for that very reason, innocence and ignorance is fun for a while, but eventualy we get to choose good or evil.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
(We seem to be damned so why did God make us?

Is it just a game?)

We are not damned. The damned are damned.

2. Prophets and saints (my grandmother) have seen Christ. He's a spirit now. Which is not seeable to the human pupil. doesn't mean he's not there.

3. Then why does love exist? If God loves tormenting us why does love exist?

why?

it shouldn't exist because it came from the same one who torments us. It's ridiculous.

Like I keep saying. For God to put love into humans yet be deprived of it is not common sense and not fathomable.

4. No. it's not a game because justice exist. Mans heart searches for justice.

God put it in us. So for me to be just which I believe I am. I wouldn't toy with people. I'm just a regular man.

For God not to have what he put in me when creating me again is not common sense.

There is a reason for everything that happens on this planet.

peace.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by JesusisTruth]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
(We seem to be damned so why did God make us?

Is it just a game?)

We are not damned. The damned are damned.

2. Prophets and saints (my grandmother) have seen Christ. He's a spirit now. Which is not seeable to the human pupil. doesn't mean he's not there.

3. Then why does love exist? If God loves tormenting us why does love exist?

why?

it shouldn't exist because it came from the same one who torments us. It's ridiculous.

Like I keep saying. For God to put love into humans yet be deprived of it is not common sense and not fathomable.

4. No. it's not a game because justice exist. Mans heart searches for justice.

God put it in us. So for me to be just which I believe I am. I wouldn't toy with people. I'm just a regular man.

For God not to have what he put in me when creating me again is not common sense.

There is a reason for everything that happens on this planet.

peace.

top topics

join