It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obvious alien hoax that even fooled the experts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Correct me if I'm wrong but about 10 or 12 years ago I use to watch the shows called Sightings or Encounters. And of coarse, I was only a little kid back then but I think it was on 1 of the 2 shows where they talked about HOAX videos. They didnt show the video but they showed some pictures of 3 aliens in a white/gray type of costume with their masks off and they were a bunch of little girls playing that role. It was supposed to be some alien take over video of a household.

Then 6 years ago...they actually decided to show this tape on UPN or some station and dedicate an hour to it with expert analysis. When I looked at it, the costumes were the same(white/gray) and the size of the bodies were the same. It was the most hilarious thing I had ever seen. A kid throws a birthday party and ship is said to have landed outside and from there on everything goes crazy and they all go missing one by one.

Believe it or not, the 'experts' were all talking about how they were convinced that it was real and here I was thinking that I saw pictures of this homemade movie 6 years ago on the TV show Sightings.

That would be really sad if this homemade video was the same video Sightings was refering to 6 years ago. These experts are either trying to make good ratings or cant decipher what a hoax is.

[edit on 9-6-2004 by Kano]

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Many in the UFO community can identify hoaxes but choose not to. Many are so desperate to believe that they're willing to make major jumps in logic and suspend common sense in order to make conclusions that just don't make alot of sense. It's a shame but it's the way this community works.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Very true, and then there are always the others. You know what I'm talking about...those who can identify the truth and choose not too, they too will make major jumps in logic and suspend common sense to arrive at a conclusion they are most comfortable. It's a shame. Just gotta wait until the government or media can tell us what to believe, until then there will be believers and skeptics.

In relation to what your thread, I agree that there are hoaxes such as this, but that shouldn't discourage those who seek the real truth about aliens...

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by kyateLaBoca

Then 6 years ago...they actually decided to show this tape on UPN or some station and dedicate an hour to it with expert analysis. When I looked at it, the costumes were the same(white/gray) and the size of the bodies were the same. It was the most hilarious thing I had ever seen. A kid throws a birthday party and ship is said to have landed outside and from there on everything goes crazy and they all go missing one by one.
[edit on 9-6-2004 by Kano]

I remember hearing about this and wanting to see it. Does any one know if there is somewhere I can download this? I would just like to see what I was missing out on, even if it was an obvious hoax.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 05:16 PM
link   
You it was really funny becuase the next day me and my friends were talking about it and he was making fun of the fake acting. He also mentioned the fact that they tried to call 911 in the movie(phone lines were supposed to be dead) then as the camera was moving away from them, he saw some people smiling and laughing lol.

To all the people that try to make hoaxes, its very important that you dont forget that the goal is to convince every one that it was real!

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   
What are some of the most popular hoaxes?

I believe flares tied to helium balloons is very common, what else?

d1k

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   

So because you saw the same "costumes" and they looked to be the same size you think its the same video?

Have any links to the original video? Have any links to what UPN showed?

I saw someone in an Elivis costume yesterday, looked exactly like the one Elvis use to wear on stage, it MUST have been him!

Many in the UFO community can identify hoaxes but choose not to

Its a two sided coin, im sure theres more people covering up UFO and ET's then there are people not coming forth with information on a hoax.

[edit on 9-6-2004 by d1k]

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by d1k

So because you saw the same "costumes" and they looked to be the same size you think its the same video?

Have any links to the original video? Have any links to what UPN showed?

I saw someone in an Elivis costume yesterday, looked exactly like the one Elvis use to wear on stage, it MUST have been him!

Many in the UFO community can identify hoaxes but choose not to

Its a two sided coin, im sure theres more people covering up UFO and ET's then there are people not coming forth with information on a hoax.

[edit on 9-6-2004 by d1k]

Trust me d1k, the costumes looked exactly the same and almost anyone, even you, could easily tell that the video shown was a hoax. There were 3 alien bodies shown on sightings(same size, costume) and there were 3 exact bodies in that video.

The only reason I put this post up was to see if anyone had that video or a website that showed it. Its a classic.

Unfortunately, many TV channels dont keep lists of programs shown 7 years ago out in the open. Thats like collecting old trash and displaying it to the public. And it would be futile to search as well considering that you need to know what time and what date it was shown.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 11:24 PM
link   
The show was called Encounters, and it aired on FOX for a few seasons, before being canned because it was filled with mostly bogus crap. I remember that video though, and when it came out, I laughed at it. Knew it was a fake immediately. I was only about 14 at the time, and I knew that was BS. I think the rest of that episode had crap circles in it and such, and yes, I did just say CRAP CIRCLES!! Shows what I think of them.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I think its safe to assume that the fervor over aliens has been spurred by Roswell, ancient accounts, and personal experience. Even when stuff is video taped it is debunked eventually. I wonder what it will take to prove aliens exist...them landing on the white house lawn???

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I think a better question would be: Would you recognize them if they did?

new topics

top topics

join