It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Future Africa

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Accidentally placed in wrong section, please move!

With most of the developing world developing quicker each year, gaining new technologies and expanding their economies I was wondering how long it would take for Africa to become a big member on the international stage.

As of right now there is only 1 Sub-Saharan country that has any clout and economic success and that is South Africa. How long would it take for several other countries to become successful Liberal democracies, politically stabile, economically advantaged, and a mostly civilized and safe society.

If I was to pick through the countries I see that could meet these qualifications within the next 20 years it would be Kenya, Tanzania, Botswana, Namibia, Gabon, Ghana, Senegal, and Angola. I'm not sure if they will become legitimately free countries, but will become habitable and business worthy.

And here is a poll.

If sub-Saharan countries were to become rather developed, safe, and free; would you move there?

My answer is yes!

[edit on 5/24/10 by Misoir]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
A while back I read report of water resources in Africa. The report quoted that "Africa water will dry more and more in the coming decades." Which means the water in Africa is going to be more less soon.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I don't think it will be anytime soon barring some major worldwide advance like cheap energy.

Africa has been exploited by the world at large so much and for so long that exploitation is the way of life there.

People don't realize that most of the people there are basically at the level American Indians were. There were thousands of different tribes and we try to treat them as we would modern nations.

90% of people there are uneducated because its easier to just leave them that way so they don't realize that we're stealing all of their oil, diamonds and other resources and wealth.

The people in Africa who do get educated just realize how easy it would be for them to start exploiting their own people, and become powerful and wealthy just like a westerner so they do that instead of trying to lead their people in any meaningful way.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by thedarklingthrush

I agree with this.

africa must wake up...

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedarklingthrush
I don't think it will be anytime soon barring some major worldwide advance like cheap energy.

Africa has been exploited by the world at large so much and for so long that exploitation is the way of life there.

People don't realize that most of the people there are basically at the level American Indians were. There were thousands of different tribes and we try to treat them as we would modern nations.

90% of people there are uneducated because its easier to just leave them that way so they don't realize that we're stealing all of their oil, diamonds and other resources and wealth.

The people in Africa who do get educated just realize how easy it would be for them to start exploiting their own people, and become powerful and wealthy just like a westerner so they do that instead of trying to lead their people in any meaningful way.

What are you trying to say?
There are 10,000 NGOs,non government organizations, educating the people from Africa in Haiti for the last 50 years and they are poorer than they were 50 years ago.
How do you explain that?
Is it past your bedtime?

[edit on 25-5-2010 by RRokkyy]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
Accidentally placed in wrong section, please move!

With most of the developing world developing quicker each year, gaining new technologies and expanding their economies I was wondering how long it would take for Africa to become a big member on the international stage.

As of right now there is only 1 Sub-Saharan country that has any clout and economic success and that is South Africa. How long would it take for several other countries to become successful Liberal democracies, politically stabile, economically advantaged, and a mostly civilized and safe society.

If I was to pick through the countries I see that could meet these qualifications within the next 20 years it would be Kenya, Tanzania, Botswana, Namibia, Gabon, Ghana, Senegal, and Angola. I'm not sure if they will become legitimately free countries, but will become habitable and business worthy.

And here is a poll.

If sub-Saharan countries were to become rather developed, safe, and free; would you move there?

My answer is yes!

[edit on 5/24/10 by Misoir]

South africa is horrible as well. Millions infected with HIV. 40% of the people below the international poverty line.

You also might not want to move there because white people are treated like second rate citizens. frankly the situation is very dire down there. the president even sang a song about killing white people.

south africa will collapse very soon. africa is cursed.

i dont want to sound racist....but most of all africans cant run there own countries.

And those that are in charge never even built the country up. european settlers made south africa what it is today....and its turning to crap now.

Africa will never escape out of its nasty crap pitt. its a curse i tell you... a curse.

Africa will never get better....governments should quit wasting there time there. Most of them are un-educated people who dont even know how to put on a condom.

The situation is so dire there that we dropped millions of condoms from a airplane with instructions on how to use them...and they popped it in there mouth like gum.

They are....idiots.

I know im gonna sound bad saying this...but they should steralize most of them. If they are too stupid to put on a condom(or not do it because it does not feel as good) we must unfortunently do this.

[edit on 25-5-2010 by tauempire]

top topics

join