It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nature Conservancy Faces Potential Backlash From Ties with BP

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   

What De Leon didn't know was that the Nature Conservancy lists BP as one of its business partners. The organization also has given BP a seat on its International Leadership Council and has accepted nearly $10 million in cash and land contributions from BP and affiliated corporations over the years.

The Conservancy, already scrambling to shield oyster beds from the spill, now faces a different problem: a potential backlash as its supporters learn that the giant oil company and the world's largest environmental organization long ago forged a relationship that has lent BP an Earth-friendly image and helped the Conservancy pursue causes it holds dear.

www.commondreams.org...

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
While talking with a friend last night, we discussed why we had not seen an environmental groups step forward regarding the BP disaster. I am surprised, but I suppose I should not be.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by InvisibleAlbatross]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

Keep an ear to the wall my friend.

The connections to BP are only just coming to the light and wait and see who else is most likely in bed with them, not to mention Haliburton and the rest of the gang.

Big Oil's toxic roots run sickeningly deep and are in virtually every aspect of modern society's infrastructure. As entire coastlines and ecosystems start to die off, the questions will only add to the finger pointing and everyone and I mean EVERYONE will feel the hurt.

new topics

join