It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Slipknot Bassist Paul Gray Found Dead At Hotel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Urbandale police said a man was found dead in a hotel room in Urbandale on Monday morning.

Article Source

URBANDALE, Iowa - Police identified the man as Paul Dedrick Gray, 38. They said he was found at 10:50 a.m. at the TownePlace Suites by Marriott at 8800 Northpark Johnston Drive in Johnston on Monday. He performed bass and back up vocals for the band Slipknot since 1995.

Police said there was no evidence of foul play observed, but a complete investigation of the death will be completed by Urbandale police detectives.

The Polk County Medical Examiner’s Office is assisting in the death investigation and will perform an autopsy on Tuesday. Toxicology testing will be completed to determine if there were any contributing factors in the death of Gray, police said.

Police said a hotel employee found Gray. Witnesses reported that items from the hotel room, including a bass guitar, were carried out of the hotel around 2 p.m.

Sad day for metalheads

[edit on 5/24/2010 by UberL33t]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
This is very sad

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   
He will be missed!!

Two days ago, Brittany Murphy`s husband died, now Paul!

R.I.P.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
What a sad month in metal! First Ronnie James Dio, now Paul Gray!

RIP, I was a bigger fan in highschool than I am now, but they're still on my ipod. I shall be listening to them tomorrow at work in remembrance.

top topics

join