It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cap and Trade - Does Anyone Support It? - What's the Alternative?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
No, not for C&T, because it will not help the environment AT ALL. All it will do is make everyone, big and small, pay to pollute. Why not just call for more reductions in emissions? Period.
How does this make sense to anyone? Companies can pollute all they want, but they'll just have to pay more? WTH?
Obvious money scam when you really look at who all is involved.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Thanks for the information, guys. You've made some really good points. I really appreciate it.

I was hoping to hear from someone who supports it to get "the other side" of the story, but I guess there's not many billionaires who hang out on ATS... Bummer.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

What are we doing now to limit the pollution that C&T is meant to address?

One of the things that we could do to virtually eliminate pollution, and cut the need for oil, here on the East Coast, is build offshore windmills. In fact, in many of the states, over 80% of the population are in favor of these, and I would wager that after the BP oil spill, the number would be even higher. The initial outlay is high, but with these wind farms 13 miles offshore, there would be virtually no noise pollution, and no carbon pollution.

Offshore windmill farms off the East Coast would be very effective, since the vast majority of residents live fairly close to the coast.

Here is a link to 7 proposed offshore wind farms that are in various stages of approval:

www.huffingtonpost.com...

The amount of energy to be produced by this wind farm is expected to power over 200,000 homes:

The project consists of 130, 3.6 megawatt wind turbine generators covering approximately 25 square miles in federal waters offshore Massachusetts with the maximum capacity to produce about 468 megawatts. The average expected production from the wind facility could provide about 75 percent of the electricity demand for Cape Cod and the Islands of Martha’s Vineyard and Nantucket. At average expected production, Cape Wind could produce enough energy to power more than 200,000 homes in Massachusetts.

www.mms.gov...

Given what happened in the Gulf, I can't see anyone on the East Coast not being in favor of offshore wind farms, as opposed to oil rigs.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join