It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Hizbollah Attacks Israeli Posts in Shebaa Farms

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   
This follows a great deal of activity in the region including Israeli attacks on targets within Lebanon.

KFAR SHOUBA, Lebanon (Reuters) - Lebanon's Hizbollah guerrillas attacked Israeli positions in the disputed Shebaa Farms area Tuesday, one day after Israeli warplanes raided a Palestinian base near Beirut.

Israeli military sources in Jerusalem said one Israeli soldier was lightly wounded in the attack involving anti-tank missiles and mortar shells.

Residents in Kfar Shouba village on Lebanon's border with Israel said Israel responded with artillery fire on nearby villages. Israeli warplanes also flew over the area and were fired on by Hizbollah guerrillas using shoulder-mounted anti-aircraft missiles, witnesses said.

Hizbollah said it was retaliating for an Israeli attack deep inside Lebanese soil Monday, itself a response to rocket fire at an Israeli navy ship in the Mediterranean earlier that day.

www.reuters.com...

Where next I wonder ?

[edit on 8-6-2004 by John bull 1]

[edit on 8-6-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Hmm, i am worried about resent events. Thinks are not looking good

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   
looks like things are set to explode between Israel and Lebanon. But the truth is Lebanon has no chance against the well armed high tech Israeli army. So there is little esle Lebanon can do but take it and complain to the UN.. but I bet these terrorist groups will try to attack Israel in every way they can now.

So really not a lot will change. How can any of Israel's arab neighbors ever hope to take on the mighty Israeli army? We should know we armed them!

And they have nuclear weapons!

They may get a UN resolution out of this condeming Israel. But it is hardly worth the paper it is written on. The UN has done too much to prove how irrelevant they really are in recent times.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Looks to me like Sharon's efforts to antagonize his neighbors are finally paying off. Soon he'll piss so many arabs off they'll end up attacking Israel in some amazing fashion and then the whole global community will pity Israel and follow them into WWIII. Great...

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I dunno. IMO this looks like a case in which IDF had intelligence that they were acting on. Based on the response from Hezbollah, it would appear that the intelligence was accurate.

Regardless, I'd much rather have the IDF taking out Hezbollah than killing a bunch of 10 year old rock throwers.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 12:07 AM
link   
We can can now see what Israel's unilateral withdrawl has done to create better relations.

Jack. Squat.

And now people insist that Israel do the same, all over again.

The unfortuante truth seems to be that the Israeli right, as loathesomely obnoxious as they are, is correct. The Arabs really do want to exterminate the Jews and obliterate Israel.

new topics

top topics

join