It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LOST last episode tonight...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Lost last's episode aired tonight!!! Whaaa!

It has been, for me, an incredible journey! It is the best show I have ever seen. If I was on a deserted Island, that's the show I would bring with me!

When I'll be an old wrinkle on the couch, before passing away, I'll definitely watch it one last time!
( Well, I'll begin a few weeks before passing away... )

I just had to share. I salute the cast and all the production team for an outstanding body of work that made my delight for the last few years!!!
sigh...

PS: If Charlie can get busy enough with his devices on Flash Forward, I think I'll ask Kate to marry me!

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Please feel free to continue to share your experiences and thoughts on the show.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I'm sorry. I should have left they see ALL be the only one here to speak about lost..
Of course, I was only expressing how I felt... I should have done so in HIS thread of the analysis of the show, episode by episode...

Nonetheless, I loved the show so much! For me it has been a much appreciated televisual experience and it allowed me to discover, like many others, some very fine actors. :p

they see ALL is A-Okay. ( thumbs up )

[edit on 24-5-2010 by Aresh Troxit]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aresh Troxit
I'm sorry. I should have left they see ALL be the only one here to speak about lost..
Of course, I was only expressing how I felt... I should have done so in HIS thread of the analysis of the show, episode by episode...

Sarcasm? There's no need to be rude. I got confirmation that it's okay for there to be multiple threads for, in this case, a highly popular show. So feel free to continue on in this thread. I always thought that having one thread for a show was always the norm. My bad!

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by they see ALL

If you knew me, you'd know my sarcasms were harmless!
Hence the
I didn't even see your post. It was already placated with the off topic sign!

So, how do you feel about it being finished? Sigh...

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Biggest unexplained mystery:

Normally, dirt and sweat make one less attractive, yet for Kate, it only made her hotter...

How????

(fade to black while crescendo music plays).......

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I think it is the archetype of women fighting in the mud, from prehistoric times, that subsist in all of us.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
We had a Lost Finale Party...complete with Dharma labelled sodas, wine, and just about any other drink or party food item. We even had Apollo bars!

Here's the cake we made for it...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c2976120e660.jpg[/atsimg]

If you look closely, you'll see some of the elements we incorporated: the Oceanic plane wreckage, a hatch, the four-toed statue foot, the sub, and even Smokey (made from cotton candy) in the jungle...

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Wow! What a piece of work! It must have been of heck of a good Kate! ...er... cake! LOL Thumbs up for the cook!

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Well I for one am glad its over.

Dont lynch me, its not because I disliked it. Its because I decided in season one that I could not stand the suspense, and had to quit watching it. I have been waiting for it to end so I can buy ALL the episodes, and watch them ALL in one long marathon.

Woohoo! And I have even managed to avoid knowing ANYTHING about what has happened since I quit watching it.

So dont tell me how it ends!

(Leaving the thread now, before someone does.)

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

I salute your courage to have resisted watching it!

I kinda do it with some other shows, taping whole seasons with a vivo like system, and watching them when I feel to... But I had to watch Lost 2 or three times in the week!

I wont spoil anything for you, don't worry! ( Except maybe the fact that one of Lost's character is a cousin of Tom Cruise... In real life! The show has fused with reality!!! ) LOL Have a nice ride! Your in for it!

PS I just wanted to say I made this thread to leave impressions the show made on us, not what happened in it...

[edit on 27-5-2010 by Aresh Troxit]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Wow! What a piece of work! It must have been of heck of a good Kate! ...er... cake! LOL Thumbs up for the cook!

Thanks! If you look real close, there's also a Polar Bear in the upper left, and the Black Rock wreckage is just under a palm tree in the upper right... I'll have to post some close-up pics to see all of that stuff... Was a lot of fun doing the cake.

We're firm believers in a cake tasting good too. This one was vanilla cake, with white chocolate filling, buttercream icing. The beach was made with powdered brown sugar, while the water was done with blue colored piping gel. The jungle is a combination of buttercream piped "grass" and broccoli flourettes for bushes, with plastic palm trees. Most of the elements were sculpted from fondant, including the LOST letters.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by Gazrok]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I saw the polar bear yesterday but didn't recognize it for what it was! LOL
But now that you mention it, it is a polar bear!
I thought the Black Rock was the shadow of a palm tree...
Close-ups would be nice!

I've discovered the joy of making pies recently (I've always been a good cook) and maybe I will try for cakes. I can't stand the sugared/colored fat they try to pass for garniture... yuck!

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I use buttercream icing myself (or chocolate)....and not that borderline buttercream/whipped cream icing stores use...ick...
Wilton's buttercream mix (or in tubs) is excellent, and pretty much similar to even homemade.

Probably my favorite compliment to get is when folks say the cake tasted even better than it looked. Heck, I can't even eat a store-bought cake without gagging these days. Sounds a bit snobby and my apologies for that, but when you've had real cake, it's just hard to go back.

Hint for real easy fillings. Just find the appropriate flavor of pudding, and mix up a box with a small carton of heavy whipping cream, and simple, easy cake filling.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

No apologies from me for industrialized cake! No siree, no ma'am! I can't stand the Crisco grease that they put sugar in the ice a cake... yuck indeed!

What I like to put between two slices of cake is strawberry jam. It's just yummy once the cake has absorbed the jam's juices...

My ex-boss received, as a gift from a customer from the States, a dessert from a New-York bakery... It was melting in the mouth, no too sweet, and (LOL) al dente!

I stil get LOST in my dreams when thinking about it.

top topics

join