It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible evacuation of south florida due to oil spill?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
First off I am not into prophetic doom and gloom threads, I believe that this is a very realistic scenario dealing with the current oil crisis in the gulf. Currently the loop current is starting to take oil from the spill, the current as we all know passes thru the keys and around s.florida. Below is a video speaking about the current and this enviromental disaster thats coming from Nova Southeastern.

As you can see the spill will be pull very close to south Florida, the loop current looks like its keeping the oil away from the west coast(most of it), but the east coast is screwed so are the keys. With that being said we are approaching our hottest summer months.. Why is this important? Because there is a possibility that as the oil evaporates off the coast of south Florida a slew of toxic chemicals will also evaporate... Causing serious health issues for south Floridians on top of the environmental effects. What do you think?

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by thefreepatriot

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I already made a thread on something like this check it out above this has already been discussed. it's alright though.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Don't sweat it.

That issue is a HOAX and I'm surprised the mod's haven't moved the thread into the appropriate area.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
It would take a very serious threat to life to evacuate South Florida or any large area.

If you have never participated in an evacuation you cannot understand how difficult that would be.

Our area and further down the Florida coast was evacuated a few years ago due to a very strong hurricane. I won't evacuate again. It was horrible.

It would take an hour to travel 10 miles on the interstate. Cars and temperatures were running hot. If the hurricane had come on shore where it was predicted we would have been sitting ducks and much damage to body and property would have been done.

If there is an evacuation of South Florida I will be very concerned. The government waits until evacuation is a last resort. It is not taken lightly as it can cause chaos.

The beaches are very pretty and the water so clear you can see your feet even when you are neck deep. It would be a tragedy for the area to be ruined with oil.

We all better hope and pray there is no evacuation. We can't go anywhere but north.

[edit on 23-5-2010 by dizziedame]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Don't sweat it.

That issue is a HOAX and I'm surprised the mod's haven't moved the thread into the appropriate area.

Why do you feel that it is a hoax? No proof needed, just explain your feelings, thoughts. The " oil blob" may surface in south Florida. Maybe? Huh?

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by chorizo4

First of all, there won't be a BLOB. But on the actual issue at hand has been beaten to death and is only causing malicious fearmongering:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
PLEASE PLEASE tell me this isn't a joke, and that I am close enough to be evacuated! I WANT out of here so bad. Don't get my hopes up then leave me stuck here in Florida still!!!!! Really Will they put us up somehwere? I guarantee almost 90 percent of us won't be coming back!!!!

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Speak for yourself. Go live a winter in a place like Michigan and see how ti goes for ya. If it's that bad just move out already, less traffic. Er, wait, traffic does suck here but it ain't much better anywhere else that's densely populated.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I am from the north, and it isn't like you can move without money can ya? SO I feel I should warn everybody, yes, it is cheaper down here, but there IS NO MONEY HERE!!!! EVERYONE who has it is a dirty lousy cheap skate and wanna pay next to nothing while they roll in the dough, but mostly there really isn't any money down here...no jobs no way to keep your head above water, I have never seen a state like this, everywhere else there is money to be made and now they crapped up the environment as well....STAY OUT OF FLORIDA, FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE!!!! TAKE MY WARNING, IT IS A MONEY PIT... PUT ALL YOUR MONEY INTO IT AND GET NOTHING FOR YOUR BLOOD SWEAT AND TEARS!!!! AND NOW IT REALLY IS A TOXIC WASTELAND!!!!!

It's so bad that at the border they should put a sign saying "abandon all hope ye who enter here" if you get my drift!!!!

[edit on 23-5-2010 by ldyserenity]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Please use the existing thread for discussion of this subject.

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join