It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oddly shaped UFO sighting

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
If I might make a suggestion - post the other two pics you say are twice as blurry. That would help to debunk the 'chip in the windshield' explanation.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
picture of grass fire posted on Calgary television station website.
Just for comparison.
Draw your own conclusions.
Same Geographical area, within a couple of days of date OP pic taken

Source

[edit on 24-5-2010 by reticlevision]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by reticlevision

Comparison of what? The same area? What happened after this 'thing' left?
I am totally lost here Reticlevision.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by One Moment

the color of the grass and the lack of leaves on the tree.

just find it odd that if this picture be real, there's that much difference in the ummm.. flora

[edit on 24-5-2010 by reticlevision]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Ohhhhhhhhhh, I gotcha now. Hmmmm.

So OP? What gives? Why the different landscape?

Did "Maybe" ever get the info off the OP's photo?

Man, if this is a hoax and you were trying to dupe us, I really hope karma kicks your butt

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
news story of a grass fire that caused the partial closing of Trans - Canada Highway at the intersection of Highway 1 and Highway 22 on April 1.
The intersection on the map the OP posted as the area he was in at the time of the sighting.

Highway Closed

Real strange growing that is

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   

The OP said this was taken in March. Was the photo you just offered taken in March too? Or now, May?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

according to the info on the sites, the first image was taken on uploaded on March 29th.
The second news story about the highway closing was April 1st

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by reticlevision
news story of a grass fire that caused the partial closing of Trans - Canada Highway at the intersection of Highway 1 and Highway 22 on April 1.
The intersection on the map the OP posted as the area he was in at the time of the sighting.

Highway Closed

Real strange growing that is

Not that I am flip flopping (only partially confused) but the OP says this was on March 27th.

That's a 5 day difference. Could the landscape transformed that quickly from a grass-fire?

Seeing I am in the USA, I don't know the season-difference between both our countries. Sorry.

Originally posted by BlueFireWolf
On March 27th, at sometime around 4pm; I was driving west on the Trans Canada Highway. While driving, I noticed this large odd shape in the sky. I'm sure I wasn't the only one who saw it, cause it was rather large. The shape was odd, and it ended abruptly halfway through. At the halfway point, it seemed to blur and twist. It just stayed there for a couple seconds, and then the blurry part seemed to eat up the rest of it withing seconds.

Here's a photo:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8a76c0ec1506.jpg[/atsimg]

Please note: I have a horrible camera, it takes blurry photos and completely screws up contrast and colors. The ship was actually a form of purple.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   

I don't know for sure about Calgary, but where I live, when the grass turns green and the leaves come on in the spring, they don't turn brown and the leaves fall off 4 to 5 days later. They usually wait til Autumn for that

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   

I was wondering if the lack of leafs were due to the fire!
Yup! I am officially confused

Again, if this is a hoax, I honestly find that more intriguing than the so-called UFO sighting itself. I have to ask myself WHY!?

I mean....why do it? Negative attention?

And why, give it that specific date when, it can possibly be debunked down the road especially in light of satellite technology that can put anyone, anywhere on any given day!?
What? Lack of hoaxing-homework 101?

Truly fascinating actually.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Why don't you just take a picture of your windshield to settle this once and for all? Your hesitance to do so leads me to believe you're hiding something.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jennybee35

Sorry to say but your husband needs to get glasses, and stop drinking... I don't work on windshields, have never gone to Windshield U., but I sure can identify a rock chip! And THAT madam, is no rock chip!

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Sorry; I had to remove what I had said.
I looked more closely at the grass fire pic and I had to change my tune...
[edit on 24-5-2010 by FileZero]

[edit on 24-5-2010 by FileZero]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I'm amazed that anyone is still debating this. The picture is clearly a poor fake, the OP's manner is not characteristic with what you'd think it would be if one saw such a thing. This is all a hoax.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
There is just one thing that is completely bugging me with this pic. If you look at the original pic, you see a very distinct shadow under the ufo. At 4 pm and the sun being west of this object the shadow would be more behind where it is on the ground, not directly below it.

I'm trying to find the exact spot this pic was taken with google earth. He was traveling west, and you can see the suns glow in the upper right of the pic so he is looking south. That eliminates one whole side of the road, but still a large area

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Could it be a drop of water on the glass and it's metallic in colour instead of shades of blue/gray because it's reflecting off summit dark nearby i.e. building or whatever?

If you play around with a camera using drops of water on a window you can come up with some really cool UFOs.

If it's genuine, only the OP will know, I apologise.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Not sure if it's just me but the size, compared to its background, just doesn't jive unless, this was a real small UFO made for teeny tiny Tsetse flies, and was up extremely close to OP's car. Because otherwise, it's way too big to be too far away. I can't explain it the way I'd like to but I think my gist was imparted. Hope so.

Ummmm, OP? Where did ya go? Were you abducted?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by FileZero

So, if you have never been to windshield u., never repaired a rock chip, what makes you think anyone cares that you think it's NOT a rock chip?

Edit to add: I've never been to alien u., never repaired an alien, but i can tell you that's no alien!

[edit on 5/24/10 by jennybee35]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join