It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vt. gives feds an earful over border station plan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Vt. gives feds an earful over border station plan

hosted.ap.org

Toting signs that read "Eminent Domain Equals Federal Land Grab" and "Save the Rainville Family Farm," about 150 people packed Franklin Town Hall, with about 18 standing up to speak - none in favor. One by one, they criticized the plan as wasteful, misdirected, an abuse of eminent domain or all three.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Vt. farmer draws a line at US bid to bolster border..UPDATED

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   

RANKLIN, Vt. (AP) -- Outraged by plans to seize land from a Vermont dairy farm to expand a little-used U.S.-Canada border station, dozens of people turned out Saturday to berate U.S. Customs and Border Protection representatives, many suggesting that the port be closed instead.

"If this goes forward, it'll be Vermont's `bridge to nowhere," said Pat Crocker, 48, of Essex. "And it'll be disgraceful."

The Department of Homeland Security, which got $420 million from the federal bailout to modernize land ports like this, wants to spend about $5 million to renovate and expand.

To upgrade it, federal officials have proposed taking an adjoining 4.9-acre parcel now used to grow hay and corn, offering the family $39,500 for it. The family, which says it needs the land to grow feed for its dairy cows, doesn't want to sell.

Hey, guys again this story has not lost any steam. Before it had garnered the attention of the MSM, it was reported here where many of us spoke out against the use of such funds towards an isolated pocket which is more than capable of handling the needs of its border with the resources it currently has.

The entire town is against such a move but we all know that this administration does not like listening to the people.

hosted.ap.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 23-5-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I guess the feds are worried about an invasion from Canada now. It can't be for Terrorism. The Majority if not all of the large terrorist atacks are Government Sponsored.

We must face the Facts Government has been allowed to function un-checked. I read somwhere if you took all the Local, State, and Federal government employees and the Corperations that have only Government contracts you have about 1 Government employee for every 5 Citizens.

Talk about micromanagement.

If it were my land they would have to kill me and several Hundred of my friends to get it.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

This is complete derangement syndrome that is affecting the way this administration handles our business.

Homeland Security is oblivious to the known and proven threats but wants to hone in on this Dairy Producers private land for a threat that is next to nothing.

top topics

join