It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin: I'm a Big Supporter of Offshore Drilling

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   

WASHINGTON -- Sarah Palin says she remains a "big supporter of offshore drilling" despite the Gulf of Mexico oil spill.

Article Source

But Palin also tells "Fox News Sunday" that oil companies need to be held accountable. The former Alaska governor suggests that drilling on land in places like the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge is safer than trying to extract oil from beneath the ocean floor.

Hmm, so she's an expert on Oil Drilling now, both on and offshore?

"Safer" she says

[edit on 5/23/2010 by UberL33t]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I don't think its a question of which is safer. Blowouts can happen in any oil well at any time.

However the wells dug on land are easer to control and cap once a blowout happens.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Well, what do you propose?

Isn't all of this anti-drilling talk rather trivial? You personally - along with the rest of the developed world - need oil for everything.

It's great to care about the environment and everything, and it's satisfying to make fun of Palin and to hate on the oil industry if you're a liberal, but are you prepared to go back to living like it's the middle ages? Are you prepared to let half of the world's population starve? Because that's what would happen if we stop letting them drill for oil. You need it, I need it, and all modern civilizations need it.

How can you possible not be a big supporter of drilling for oil?

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by UberL33t

Hmm, so she's an expert on Oil Drilling now, both on and offshore?

"Safer" she says

I love it when people try to make Palin look like she doesn't know what she is talking about. Then proceed to make themselves look stupid and make Palin look like a genius!

Thanks for this thread!

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

Then proceed to make themselves look stupid and make Palin look like a genius!

Oh sorry, I was unable to find any credible source for where Palin received her Petroleum Engineering Degree. You're welcome to post that info at your leisure.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Oh sorry, I was unable to find any credible source for where Palin received her Petroleum Engineering Degree. You're welcome to post that info at your leisure.

Her being Governor of Alaska, and making deals with the Oil Companies to benefit citizens of her state is enough for me.

Please continue though...the more you criticize, the smarter Palin looks in comparison!

[edit on 23-5-2010 by Carseller4]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

I love it when people try to make Palin look like she doesn't know what she is talking about.

No one really has to try to do this.

She does it just fine herself.

Seriously...during the biggest oil disaster ever...she is going to say she still supports off shore drilling....IDIOT.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by OnceReturned

How can you possible not be a big supporter of drilling for oil?

Perhaps these multibillionaire oil companies with money junky CEO's should have had the foresight to invest in safer & cleaner alternate energy sources back in the 80's and 90's, and by now we'd have been able to remove our oil dependency. There's more to life than maximising every last bit of profit so they can pay billions in bonuses. One day the oil will run out, but these companies will all leave it too late to adapt.

For anyone to advocate for more drilling now is simply ridiculous. We've had most of the solutions there for over a decade - solar panels, wind-turbines, hydrogen. We can't rely on oil anymore, and hope that nuclear fusion will be ready in time.

[edit on 23-5-2010 by john124]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Her being Governor of Alaska, and making deals with the Oil Companies to benefit citizens of her state is enough for me.

LOL...oh stop...please....you're killing me.

Yes...she is an oil expert...and an expert on Russia because she was closer to it than most Americans.

People that are in the Palin cult are hilarious...I mean really...they are paying her daughter who is a single mother that had lots of sex and got preg as a teen to talk about ABSTINENCE....LOL.

Please tell me you seriously don't believe Palin is nothing but a joke...please?

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
we drill it destroying our envermint and half the planet dies as you can planly see.
we dont drill it we fight each other for the dwindling supply of energy we can get thats land base and again half the planet dies.
and the up side is were????????

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

the more you criticize the smarter Palin looks in comparison!

So me being critical of her makes me stupid? This in fact what you are trying to convey, yes?

In that respect, the opposite should apply, where as I guess my stance would be....

the more you praise the dumber Palin looks in comparison!

Safe to say, we agree to disagree

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Then proceed to make themselves look stupid and make Palin look like a genius!

Stop talking about this subject. Since you are not a petroleum expert, you are not allowed to have an opinion on it or talk about it.

Of course I'm being sarcastic. You don't have to be an expert on something to have an opinion on it. I recommend you learn more about opinions and how they work. As it turns out, you don't need to be an expert to have an opinion.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Poor Sarah...

She keeps up this stupidity she's a sure shot for the GOP ballot in 2012.

That's Obama's ticket to re-election.

Can you imagine the debate?

" So Mr President, what do you think about our Energy Criss? How would you solve it?"

Obama: Long winded explanation.

"Mrs Palin, you rebuttle?"

" Drill baby drill."

FACEPALM

~Keeper

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by truthquest

The former Alaska governor suggests that drilling on land in places like the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge is safer than trying to extract oil from beneath the ocean floor.

That wasn't an opinion, she suggests it "is safer". Had she suggested "is safer in my opinion" then you'd have an argument.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Much agreed on this. I guess some people are just desperate and get blinded by drol imbeciles very easily. Palin..what a joke.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
She wants to do for [to] America what she did to the City of Wasilla, Alaska.

Um, No thank you.

Mother of God, PLEASE, No Thank You, Ms. Palin.

top topics

join