It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paper, School Books, Fruit Juice and Chocolate BANNED IN GAZA! WHY?!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

You are correct in that BOTH sides should be doing more to stop the cycle of violence. If Israel was nicer to the Palestinians, Palestinians would attack Israel less. If Palestinians stopped their attacks, Israel would back down.

Israel has a difficult problem in that an act of restraint could be interpreted as weakness. Israel should also be wary of "Hudnas" or temporary truces that are called by Hamas so Hamas can regroup and restrengthen its attack, and not because Hamas is intersted in any long standing peace.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Perhaps the Israelis are trying to kill off the Palestinians by depriving them of items such as fruit juice which prevent scurvy.

Considering the hatred Israel shows toward other peoples, I wouldn't put it past them.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

and that the Palestinians have one of the highest birth rate in the world. This is the biggest threat to Israel. It looks like Israel is trying to curb this high birth rate. But Israel is surrounded by 100 million Arabs on 3 sides. From Israel's perspective, it is like swimming up a waterfall.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Doesn't look as this is going to be anything approaching an honest discussion

already the Pontious Pilates are busily conducting their hand-wringing ritual

Anything, huh .... apart from the OP's brave stance --- rather than 'offend' those oh so powerful 'israelis'

maybe we should try to discuss it honestly some years down the track

when 'israel' has been eliminated from the map

or every Palestinian has been ethnically cleansed

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
So i speak now after doing my research..
Should i go ahead and post a long explanation.. hmm... YES!

1. Jewish zionists began to immigrate to Palestine in the 1800's and the Palestinians weren't happy about this because their goal was to create a jewish homeland for themselves. Hitler's rise to power, combined with Zionist activities to sabotage efforts to place Jewish refugees in western countries, led to increased Jewish immigration to Palestine, and conflict grew."

2. Under considerable Zionist pressure, the UN recommended giving away 55% of Palestine to a Jewish state – despite the fact that this group represented only about 30% of the total population, and owned under 7% of the land.
Skipping the warrsssss...
3. The original population of what is now Israel was 96 percent Muslim and Christian, yet, these refugees are prohibited from returning to their homes in the self-described Jewish state (and those within Israel are subjected to systematic discrimination).

Second, Israel's continued military occupation and confiscation of privately owned land in the West Bank, and control over Gaza, are extremely oppressive, with Palestinians having minimal control over their lives. Over 10,000 Palestinian men, women, and children are held in Israeli prisons. Few of them have had a legitimate trial; Physical abuse and torture are frequent. Palestinian borders (even internal ones) are controlled by Israeli forces. Periodically men, women, and children are strip searched; people are beaten; women in labor are prevented from reaching hospitals (at times resulting in death); food and medicine are blocked from entering Gaza, producing an escalating humanitarian crisis. Israeli forces invade almost daily, injuring, kidnapping, and sometimes killing inhabitants.

source : ifamericansknew.org... by alison weteir

Now this means that the land was not Israel's to begin with, they're paranoid of the Palestinians taking it all back and outnumbering them because they're a small percentage.
Starbucks, Coke and a hundred other american companies provide money to Israel and this is what they use it for!
"U.S. taxpayers give Israel an average of $7 million per day"

That my friends, is an outrage. I don't see how anyone can defend what they're doing.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by breakingdradles

Silly question apartheid has no reason. Israel wants to occupy the whole territory which is currently a open air prison. Allow less items to go thru people will starve and face difficulty so either they will die slowly or move somewhere else. Cunning evil plan what did you expect!

They got overconfident and tried doing it openly in 2009 Gaza war but the backlash was severe so Israel has gone back to old and tried method. Deceive everyone, manipulate media, spy, steal and beg from western countries while occupying more and more land.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by breakingdradles
I ask you, give me one reason israel supporters to ban PAPER, SCHOOL BOOKS, FRUIT JUICE AND CHOCOLATE?

DO NOT CHANGE THE SUBJECT.

If you are going to reply, and think this is alright, GIVE ME AN ANSWER TO THE ABOVE QUESTION FIRST.

Not doing so will prove you know what they are doing is wrong, like seemingly more and more events lately, yet you still defend them.

When faced with facts that NO ONE can defend, israel supporters change the subject and/or libel the poster. This is what we are not going to do here.

If you disagree with me, present why, as I'll present why I feel this is wrong.

If you feel it is right, please say why, that's all I'm asking.

By banning paper and school books, THEY KNOW THEY ARE KEEPING THE KIDS FROM GOING TO SCHOOL. Why?

Are they that afraid that if the kids grow up to be smart they might find a way out?

Or is it more likely that they are abusing powers which they gave themselves?

These kids grow up with nothing but an israeli gun in their face telling them what to do. And now the one thing a kid looks forward to is gone?

With no education they are doomed to stay in Gaza, and will end up fighting back against their oppressor, as israel knows and needs.

They need to take everything from a person, until they have nothing left to lose, and do so with frightening efficiency.

They can't pretend to be holier than thou if only they are doing the attacking.

I'm not sure about you, but my God's people wouldn't deny children school, sweets or fruit juice. I'm sure there are many more things, these just stuck out as there is no reason to ban them.

By banning fruit juice and chocolate, THEY ARE JUST BEING CRUEL ASSHOLES. Seriously, wtf. Does that have any military benefit? Or are they just being #s because they can?

I saw a video yesterday about how they make the workers coming through the gates each day throw away the water they brought with them, and make them buy it from an isreali on the other side of the gate for much more than it is in Gaza.

I don't think the aid ships carrying all the supplies are going to get anywhere near Gaza, as they don't even let the Red Cross in for fears of the rest of the world finding out how oppressed Gaza really is.

YOU CANNOT MAKE BOMBS OUT OF SCHOOL BOOKS AND FRUIT JUICE!

[edit on 23-5-2010 by breakingdradles]

Dude, I completely feel you here. I was Pro-Israel until someone close to me got tired of it and educated me. It wasn't an easy process. I fought it hard but eventually, LOGIC came out of the process and I was truly disgusted with what Israel has done to the Palestinians. Fruit juice? School books? How about being denied access to clean water and FOOD. Want to feel like a Palestinian? Have someone build a 75 foot wall through YOUR neighborhood and then tell you when and where you can go. 10 year old school children with automatic weapons in their faces. Oh and if you're late to school, don't run cuz they will KILL YOU. It's total BS!! F*** the Israel government and f*** the US Govt for letting it happen AND supporting them.

I hear there is a town where Palestinians and Jews live in harmony. THAT is the way it is supposed to be. Anything else? Is racist and hate mongering. If we acted this way in the US, we would be demonized, and rightfully so.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Can you source this please? I don't doubt you, but it's just solid writing practice.

As for justifying it, I'm usually all about playing devil's advocate but I've got no ammo for this one.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Explanation: S&F!

Every single one of those items can be used to kill or to help kill an Israeli [soldier or civilian]!!!

Paper can be used to start fires and also to send military messages which are 2 very important things during a WAR!

Chocolate and Fruit Juice can help sustain an enemy soldier [ it could be a child soldier!
] in a long and arduous WAR!

School books can educate an enemy soldier [male or female] and educated fighters are harder to kill and can cause more casualties during a WAR!

In WAR the idea is to DENY your enemy any and all of the above and MORE!

Personal Disclosure: I am seriously not a friend of Israel! Individual Israeli's are considered on a case by caser basis BUT their Nation as it stands today disgusts me to the point of general anti-semitism and NO I'm NOT ASHAMED as it is completely a VALID POV!

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   

I'll tell you why, and it is so simple it will make you proud to be an american. To taste, to feel, to smelll, to learn, to be accepted and treated like a human being. They do not want the childrens minds corrupted by the truth of what it is like to be an american. We the people of america are not perfect, but you can taste,learn,smell the freedom of better in AMERICA. peace.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
WOW.

It only took about 6 replies before this thread did a total 180 from the OPs requests regarding content and scope. BIG SURPISE THERE!

Please
Link/embed more videos of terrorist-children propaganda. That helps explain why they're denied educational materials. I sometimes wonder if people have pre-made "templates" of canned responses which they create so they can simply copy+paste into any threads that pops up on their radar regarding certain topics.

To reply to the OP's statement about water being disposed and resold on the other side, how is this any different to us being asked to toss our hair gel/aftershave/skin cream before boarding a plane? I'm not saying it's right or it's wrong (although my opinion is that it's pure BS) but to argue semantics, I don't really see a difference.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by TXRabbit
Please
Link/embed more videos of terrorist-children propaganda. That helps explain why they're denied educational materials.

Is the point of education not to know better about the world? Learn about right or wrong? Mostly the violence is norm in illiterate sect and education helps young people to gain knowledge about the world etc. So Banning educational material is similar to promoting terrorism and illiteracy.

To reply to the OP's statement about water being disposed and resold on the other side, how is this any different to us being asked to toss our hair gel/aftershave/skin cream before boarding a plane?

You dont spend your life in plane or do you live 24/7 365 days on plane? Gel/ aftershave/ skin cream are not life essential resources, water is the most important thing for a person to survive even a 3 year old kid knows that. Your statement merits no logic and are absurd.

I don't really see a difference.

Try not sending your kids to school, dont educate them at all, deny them life essential items such as water, juice.
As for yourself don't drink water, juice or any liquid for few months you will be more close to see the reality if you survive all that and will be able to discern difference.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join