It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Earth's Surface a Star Map? Who can help me out? Difficult Task

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I've been wondering a long time but I don't have the capabilities nor knowledge to work this idea out.
Many of you know that the pyramids of Giza are very likely a representation of Orion's belt. There is also a row of pyramids in Mexico or Belize that some suggested, are a representation of our sun and planets. Pyramids have also been found in Bosnia, China and many other places.
Do they all together represent a star map? If you would create a model of the earth with all pyramids marked and you would overlay a map of the stars as they were 10,500 BC, would it fit? There are 2 reference points (Giza being Orion/South American pyramids being our solar system) which can be used to orientate.
I hope you guys get my drift and can help me out.

Sincerely, Regenstorm

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I am unable to help but I support this!!

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I can give you the name of a book that will hopefully answer all your questions and it will probably raise even more questions while at the same time blow your mind! Read the book called "The Hidden Records" by Wayne Herschel. This books talks about the Egyptian Pyramids, Pyramids in South and central America, ones in India, Stone Henge and supposedly a pyramid on Mars near the famous Face structure. I personally dont believe in the whole mars thing but the rest of it is simply amazing and totally mind blowing.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Regenstorm

What if we took a craft and hoovered in earths orbit low enough to see all the monuments and spots on earth that would stand out that represent stars.

Then take photographs and piece them all together for one big earth picture....

Then invert it ( bend it outwords ) and place it against the night sky and see if it matches up.

You think this idea would work ?

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

Well, most locations are known, there are add ons for Google Earth that marks every pyramid on the globe, but how do you overlay a star map from 10,500 BC? It's always so easy in the movies...

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by LucidDreamer85

What if we took a craft and hovered in earths orbit low enough to see all the monuments and spots on earth that would stand out that represent stars.

Then take photographs and piece them all together for one big earth picture....

Then invert it ( bend it outwords ) and place it against the night sky and see if it matches up.

You think this idea would work ?

This would be very exciting if it did work and would have profound impact on Astronomy and Theology.
Unfortunately all these "alignments" are for earth based observers, let's consider Stonehenge.
On the winter solstice the Sun rises through a particular gate. It's quite a show there.
But only there, on the ground. Could we float Stonehenge into low orbit and
project a ray through that gate and say "The Sun is there, nowhere else."
Of course not. The henge would have to rotate twenty four hours a day.
And tilt with the seasons, and compensate for it's orbital path.
It only makes sense in the exact latitude it is at on Earth.
The same is true of all ancient monuments, even with
the Aztec Calendar stone. An amazing device that
gives accurate prediction on Venus, the Moon,
and Sun. But only if it is on the latitude of
Mexico city. As one takes the stone
farther north or south, it looses
accuracy. The spherical star
map is part of Ptolemaic
Astronomy. The only
relevance Pyramids
have is their
latitude.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/374dc84536ad.png[/atsimg]

Furthermore
if one projects the three
great pyramids into space, one
only finds that they are upside down.
That is to say that Orion's belt looks interesting
when it passes over the pyramids viewed from earth.

David Grouchy

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/db51ae532672.png[/atsimg]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by davidgrouchy

It does line up if you go back in time.
As I wrote before, 10,500 BC.
You'll have a perfect match.

According to these works, the Great Sphinx was constructed circa 10,500 BC, and its lion-shape is maintained to be a definitive reference to the constellation of Leo. Furthermore, the orientation and dispositions of the Sphinx, the Giza pyramids and the Nile River relative to one another on the ground is put forward as an accurate reflection or "map" of the constellations of Leo, Orion (specifically, Orion's Belt) and the Milky Way respectively.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Hi Regentstorm

Yes i agree it is a facinating subject.I wish you well in your research of the subject

and libraries have lots of books and i dare say there are some reliable sources on the internet.

However before you take DemonspeedN's advice and spend your hard earned cash on "The

Hidden Records" by Wayne Herschell i suggest you read the FREE e.book on ATS Aliens

and UFO's titled "The TRUE story behind the Hoax Heard Round the World" OR visit the thread

on the ATS hoax site.....Alleged NASA affiliated Astronomer Deciphers 'Intelligence' signal from

nearby stars

...................198 pages

...................3941 posts

...................9 months in researching.................VERY INTERESTING...................

new topics

top topics

join