It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

17 States Now Filing Versions of Arizona bill

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by Jdawg9909

Specially now that the Federal government is cutting on the bribes, I mean the funding to the states, and states are now facing with the fact that is less money to support them that means more taxes on the state citizens

Another good argument for secession. If enough states seceded and didn't pass through any federal taxes, I think 2 things would happen:

A) The tax money normally paid to the feds would more than make up for any federal funding lost by secession. They wouldn't even have to keep the tax rate as high as it is now and come out ahead.

B) People would move to the states that seceded, and they would tighten the fiscal chokehold the feds would be suffering.

Also, if you have a few military-heavy states like Texas, New Mexico and Arizona agreeing to secede and form a union of their own, they could "nationalize" the military infrastructure and have quite a formidable fighting force. Quite an undertaking, but if you have a tsunami of public support, why the hell not?

*sigh* I like to dream, so sue me.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by prionace glauca

Originally posted by WXBackdoor
First you are against a police-state.

Now you are FOR Police-state.

Facepalm.

What police state? Enforcing already existing laws is not called Police State...its called society.

How about a lesson in formation of a Society? If still unable to comprehend, I shall provide you a desk for a /FACEDESK.

if this whole scenario could be likened to a chess match where the government was baiting states with the feds lack of immigration enforcement to encourage the states, out of desperation, to adopt more stringent measures, and then use that as a pretext for nationwide enforcement through a national id system (which by the way has been in the works for a LONG time) then all of this absurdity would make a lot more sense IMO.

perhaps this is what the poster meant by his policestate comment....for there is nothing else that can come of this debacle than a critical mass movement toward more stringent id checking/enforcement, using illegal immigration as the pretext for what the gov has wanted to do all along: track everyone with greater efficiency and more detail.

just a thought

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Key2life

Well I know that here in Ga if the police stop you in the street be white, black or yellow, the first thing they ask is "drivers license and car registration" well if you are driving you better have those papers with you, right? my daughter got fine 25 dollars for no having her drivers license, so hey the police can stop you no matter if the are looking for illegals or just making sure you have a license with you.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

Well that will be the dream but now that most states way for create wealth has been outsourced is going to be many states that will have not means to commerce with other sates if they become independent.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by WXBackdoor
reply to post by Afterthought

This law in a way it is against "the citizen" , because if an American-Citizen looks like a Mexican he will be asked to show his document like a jew in 1939!!!!!!!!!!

My husband has a nice tan and could easily pass as hispanic. Is he worried? No. We will carry whatever identification we need in order to have our laws enforced. When we say we have had enough, we mean it. We're not taking it anymore. We are standing united together to help enforce the laws that should have been enforced a long time ago.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by AwakeinNM

Well that will be the dream but now that most states way for create wealth has been outsourced is going to be many states that will have not means to commerce with other sates if they become independent.

I leave out little details like that in my dreams, it makes them more enjoyable.

The first thing that the new union should do is the job the feds haven't: Deport the illegals and build a fence or a moat or something. Go ahead and scream "racism", but it's nothing to do with race. Example: My house was getting overrun with ants a couple months ago. I didn't invite them into my house, they just started coming in like it was theirs to have. They were causing all kinds of trouble and upsetting the harmony of my happy household, so I put ant poison around the perimeter of my house. It's not that I have anything against ants, but I don't want the little bastards in my house biting my kid and getting into my food. Know what I'm saying?

With the illegals gone, I bet there'd be a lot more jobs for the legal citizens. I agree, though, it wouldn't be a picnic for a while. Well, maybe a picnic... with lots of ants.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by 90gsx
The law would never pass here in the Peoples Republic Of Maryland.

We even give drivers licenses to illegals.

More illegals = more Democratic votes.

Dont even try to tell me that they cant vote. Because they DO, at least here in Maryland. If you have a drivers license, you can vote. This state is extremely corrupt, hell tens of thousands of dead people vote here every election.

I'll see your Maryland and raise you New Mexico. Same story here.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by kronos11
Looking at the majority of the posts here all one can see is more division and exclusionary movements by an already broken and primitive society who has been thoroughly dumbed down to the point that they point fingers and blame others and not their government for their woes.

No future.

Oh but we DO blame our government. We also blame greedy corporations. This does not mean that the illegals are blameless. Many of us here know illegals personally, know what they do to screw the system. They steal identities, use false documentations, have welfare, free medical, cheap housing etc. They are a strain on us financially and many have no intention whatsoever of becoming legal citizens. These people need to take personal responsibility. So go ahead and insult us and our intelligence and believe that the illegals are innocent angels who do no wrong. Go ahead and insult the father of the 3 year old little boy who was killed by an illegal drunken driver who had numerous previous arrests. That child did NOT have to die! This is only one of many many similar stories. Go ahead and stand by these types of people. That's what you get with open borders and lawlessness. Is that what you want?

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
yes i wish to join the united racists of america and kick all the illegal aliens that don't look american and deport them. let's show the mexican that yes we can. also lets deport everyone that has ancestors here in america that came by steamship and sailboats and didn't bother to apply first before they left their country. lets also deport everyone that didn't apply to the native americans for permission to live in their country and land. that should leave america with about 200,000 people. all americas problems and global peace will be solved.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
what are you going to do with the illegal immigrants that are polish, italian, irish, british, canadian, portuguese and all the hispanic people that look white such as spaniards and south americans. i doubt the white looking illegal aliens are going to pick strawberries and lettuce in their lowriders.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

25 dollars, in canuckistan that same ticket would be 110 dollars.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
reply to post by GorehoundLarry

FEMA camps still are the fear. You might want to check out the link I provided cross referencing the states who are with Arizona & how prepared they are for containment & deportation of criminals.

I don't want to ever see another genocide, but the police are going to lose their power to FEMA soon. Look at how the police are being down-sized across the nation. I'm definitely seeing a shift in the power structure. What if the really nasty police will be asked to join FEMA & man the camps of illegals?

If anyone is sent to a fema camp and harmed in any way, we can stand together and make sure that doesn't happen. We don't want illegals, but we're not that heartless.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

Wow. I've heard people accused of being racist for their support of 1070... even heard the rather hackneyed argument that we're all illegal aliens because the colonists didn't ask permission before defining national boundaries after the Revolutionary War... still, I value their opinions because they're passionate about their beliefs and for the most part approach them with a degree of intelligence and integrity...

I have not, however, heard someone claim racism and then turn around in the same breath and say something so racially insulting about those they claim to support as "Yeah, well I bet whitey's not gonna want to pick lettuce and strawberries in their lowrider!"

Nicely worded, dude. You've officially become intellectually equivalent to the Sarah Palin of pro-illegals.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
what are you going to do with the illegal immigrants that are polish, italian, irish, british, canadian, portuguese and all the hispanic people that look white such as spaniards and south americans. i doubt the white looking illegal aliens are going to pick strawberries and lettuce in their lowriders.

Finally I see someone point this out. Why is "illegal" always being associated with Mexicans? People come into this country illegally from all countries not JUST Mexico. I'm in full support of this law if they go after ALL of them and not just one select group, which seems to be what the uproar is all about in Arizona.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman

17 States Now Filing Versions of Arizona bill

beforeitsnews.com

ALIPAC has documented the following 17 states are following Arizona's lead in response to citizen pressure.

ARKANSAS, IDAHO, INDIANA, MARYLAND, MICHIGAN, MINNESOTA, MISSOURI, NEBRASKA, NEVADA, NEW JERSEY, OHIO, OKLAHOMA, PENNSYLVANIA, RHODE ISLAND, SOUTH CAROLINA, TEXAS, UTAH
(visit the link for the full news article)

Let's look at this, how incompetent can the average American worker (who complains about losing jobs to illegals) be for him/her to lose his/her job to an uneducated, 5'5" Mexican who can't read, write, speak English and probably not even read or write in his own native language, or probably even do some basic math. This is terrible! This means that the average American losing his job to a Mexican is even more incompetent and is afraid that his job will be stolen by a third-world refugee with no sets of skills. For this to be, it means that the American has even fewer skills, or even the same lack-of as the Mexican. Because for an American company to prefer the Mexican over an American, even with the language barrier and these horrible drawbacks, it must mean that the American is one lazy ignorant incompetent worker.

Fact: No Mexican is stealing an educated person's job, only the uneducated. If you lost your job or an in fear of losing it to a Mexican, you know where you stand now.

Peace.

[edit on 22-5-2010 by TheCoffinman]

[edit on 22-5-2010 by beyondsense]

[edit on 22-5-2010 by beyondsense]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
www.examiner.com... -immigration

Foes and media against the new law are not focusing on the fact that the Arizona law authorizes police to ask about immigration status only in the course of their "lawful contact" with the public, as during a traffic stop or apprehension for suspicion of another crime, and only if the police have "reasonable suspicion" that someone stopped may be an illegal immigrant.

The National Academy of Sciences estimated that each illegal immigrant costs about $100,000 net annual cost to taxpayers.

The Heritage Foundation, a Washington, D.C. based think tank estimate future costs for illegal immigrants in the United States will reach a half a trillion dollars.

obama is all for that!

also, about half of ALL illegal immigrants come thru arizona, see link for details

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

yes i wish to join the united racists of america and kick all the illegal aliens that don't look american and deport them. let's show the mexican that yes we can. also lets deport everyone that has ancestors here in america that came by steamship and sailboats and didn't bother to apply first before they left their country. lets also deport everyone that didn't apply to the native americans for permission to live in their country and land. that should leave america with about 200,000 people. all americas problems and global peace will be solved.

Again this racist crap from illegal sympathizers.
Try rooting your idea's in reality and maybe you'd understand what we're trying to tell you.
All governments have the right to protect their borders. Mexico does it but much more harsh then America. Do you condemn mexico as well?

Do you also condemn all the other countries that have acquired land from others??? Because that's just about every place on the planet if you go back far enough.

Time to grow up my friend

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

I do not care who they are. If they are illegal and living in America, they need to be deported.

As for the rest of your post well I am just not going to comment on garbage.

Raist

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

what are you going to do with the illegal immigrants that are polish, italian, irish, british, canadian, portuguese and all the hispanic people that look white such as spaniards and south americans.

Illegals are criminals regardless of ethnic background, creed or color and must all be treated as the criminals they are.

i doubt the white looking illegal aliens are going to pick strawberries and lettuce in their lowriders.

Nice racist comment !

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ness6

Finally I see someone point this out. Why is "illegal" always being associated with Mexicans? People come into this country illegally from all countries not JUST Mexico. I'm in full support of this law if they go after ALL of them and not just one select group, which seems to be what the uproar is all about in Arizona.

First, illegals are not only associated with mexicans although they do represent the largest group of illegals in The United States. Does that answer your question ?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join