It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

17 States Now Filing Versions of Arizona bill

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by WXBackdoor
First you are against a police-state.

...against innocent citizens...

Now you are FOR Police-state.

...fighting illegal aliens that are by law criminals...

Americans are the most gullible-flip/flop , easy-to-manipulate people in the whole world.

Oh yes...we are so gullible for wanting the police to actually take care of the criminals.

Edit to fix quote.

[edit on 22-5-2010 by lpowell0627]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
it would be nice to have california on that list as well, i could use a job.

its not so much of a long shot with meg whitman running for gov, were so broke they might just elect her.

and she pledges to give them the b00t.

+1 more 
posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
I support amnesty so I have no problem seeing this movement...it is actually funny to me that some of you play so easily into the hands of those you think you oppose.

Of course we all know you support such a tactic, but you fail to realize you are in Minority.

Please do continue to make all the noise you want, already have made you out to be race baiter who continues to overlook the written laws, only to pander on about "what if I was going to the ice cream store with my granma, and the LEO stops us because we are purple..."

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

Good find and it will be over in 20 in a couple of weeks.

Folks need to understand that this has nothing to do with immigration. I agree with the notion of kicking the illegals out and am for deporting them, so I'm a hardliner on this topic.

This rising sentiment is about the American people being unwilling to support and accept a failing and incompetent federal government any longer. This has been brewing for a long time and it was going to be one issue to ignite it and one person to stand in the fray to be the first. Immigration is easy to understand. People out of work and illegals taking thier jobs is easy. People pushing foreign cultures down the throats of folks is easy to understand. People have had enough. They have had enough with the pure inability of the federal government to solve any problems. The foreign policy is adrift, the feds are passing major legislation against the will of the people. The feds are out of touch.

This will be the defining issue of the decade. It has the potential to undercut incumbants and will bleed out into all spheres of the society. Can the federal government solve our problems? The answer is no and this immigration is all about folks standing on principal on one issue that is easy to understand and force that issue.

Either way, this is either the first step in a new era of federalism in this country or the death of it.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by prionace glauca

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
I support amnesty so I have no problem seeing this movement...it is actually funny to me that some of you play so easily into the hands of those you think you oppose.

Of course we all know you support such a tactic, but you fail to realize you are in Minority.

Please do continue to make all the noise you want, already have made you out to be race baiter who continues to overlook the written laws, only to pander on about "what if I was going to the ice cream store with my granma, and the LEO stops us because we are purple..."

id sure love to know what fantacity he lives in where police dont already stop and harass people for no reason.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
Wow! You just made my day!!!! Rhode Island is in there! Whoo Hoo!
So happy! Maybe I can find a job soon.

I'm sure the reason you don't have a job is directly related to illegal hispanic immigrants taking all of the jobs you are qualified for.

"There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants a nation of law-abiding citizens? What's there in that for anyone? But just pass the kind of laws that can neither be observed nor enforced nor objectively interpreted and you create a nation of law-breakers." - Ayn Rand

[edit on 22-5-2010 by Parabol]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Great, now all of them are going to flock to California, because California will be the LAST state to do anything like Arizona.

We make to much money off of the slav...I mean, the Illegals.

California has the MOST Illegal Immigrants and our illustrious dumb A**ES in charge will fight this to the hilt.

I hope that IF more states adopt this, it will force California to do so through pressure.

William Gheen is a HUGE influence in this realm. He does good work.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Great find, S&F! Being in one of the aforementioned states I look foreword to the gubmint listening to the voters for once.

(Hoping it doesn't adversely impact availability of burritos at Chipolte however)

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

Yeah , A single mother of two is a criminal , a hard working man that is trying to provide for his family is a criminal.

Do you even read yourself , what you are saying is psycho/sociopath stuff.

I hope the rest of the world boycotts America for being so backward.

[edit on 22-5-2010 by WXBackdoor]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Facepalm.

Americans are the most gullible-flip/flop , easy-to-manipulate people in the whole world.

OK, just so you can keep up: A police state happens against its own citizens. The keyword there is CITIZENS. Once we are able to out the non-citizens, we can then work on the ones who are IN this country legally. We have enough legal criminals roaming around. We don't need to be looking out for some other country's rejects as well.

Edit: A police state would only happen in this country due to the economy. It won't happen because of the immigration problem.

[edit on 22-5-2010 by Afterthought]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

This law in a way it is against "the citizen" , because if an American-Citizen looks like a Mexican he will be asked to show his document like a jew in 1939!!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

We shall see...I don't believe so.

Please do continue to make all the noise you want, already have made you out to be race baiter

I am not the one making noise...I'll leave that all to you guys. The more noise you make...the better it is for policies I support.

Did I mention race in my post? Nope...I guess that was you.

"what if I was going to the ice cream store with my granma, and the LEO stops us because we are purple..."

And then you attribute a quote to me that I never made. I saw that quote...I know who made it...it was not me. Are you always this dishonest???

Keep making noise my friend...you are pushing the issue to force a solution...but you just don't see that you are pushing for the solution I support. So please continue.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by WXBackdoor

I'm not entirely convinced the rest of the world boycotting the U.S. wouldn't be a good thing for us. Maybe then TPTB might be forced to do something original like, I dunno, allowing America to produce her own goods and services once again? As I recall it seemed to work out rather well for us the first time around...

As one who wholeheartedly supports the above, and as one who at present, really doesn't give a rat's @$$ about what other countries think of us, could you look into that for me? That'd be great...

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by prionace glauca
reply to post by ComeAndGetMe

All states have statutes against Illegal Immigration. But none of them follow them as they leave the Federal Government to enforce those laws.

Not entirely true. In Georgia in 2006, the state passed one of the nation's toughest immigration laws which they enforce through the tax code.

[edit on 22-5-2010 by traditionaldrummer]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
The only reason Tennessee is not on this list is because we allready deport our illegal mexicans back to Mexico....

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman

17 States Now Filing Versions of Arizona

beforeitsnews.com

ALIPAC has documented the following 17 states are following Arizona's lead in response to citizen pressure.

ARKANSAS, IDAHO, INDIANA, MARYLAND, MICHIGAN, MINNESOTA, MISSOURI, NEBRASKA, NEVADA, NEW JERSEY, OHIO, OKLAHOMA, PENNSYLVANIA, RHODE ISLAND, SOUTH CAROLINA, TEXAS, UTAH
(visit the link for the full news article)

That's great !!
I'm a Michigander and I'm excited that we're taking our state back and by default our country. I'm so tired of businesses utilizing illegals to save money and tired of illegals utilizing our countries resources without giving back.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   

This law in a way it is against "the citizen" , because if an American-Citizen looks like a Mexican he will be asked to show his document like a jew in 1939!!!!!!!!!!

Than if that is the case, than the rest of the world should become more leanient with all persons who are in their country without proper documentation. If every country on Earth said tomorrow that anybody could enter freely, I'd be stoked! I'd love to just decide to go somewhere without the political rigamoral. I've always wanted to visit Ireland & Amsterdam. And they all decide to eliminate VISAS? That sounds good to me.
The world will never be that free though, so I guess we need to toughen up.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   

I hate to point this out to you but when your stopped by the police you must show your papers, Also known as your id proving your a citizen.In my state you cant get a state issued I D unless your legal. So it has no effect on any citizen. And if you follow Arizona law it doesnt give them the right to stop people because they look Mexican.All it does is make sure when the police find out there illegal they cannot ignore it like they did in the past must take action.READ THE LAW! Alot of people think they know whats in it read it.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Facepalm.

Yup. And when they are done with the illegals, they'll tackle the dissenters next.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

Article from the Los Angeles Times from May 12th regarding the broadening of support for Arizona.

latimesblogs.latimes.com...

[edit on 22-5-2010 by manta78]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join