It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Sasquatches leave stick men to warn each-other of humans in the area?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
This story was linked to on C2C's Web site:

Big Foot Alive and Well in MN

The part that really jumped out at me was this:

Other signs Bigfoot exists include branches plucked straight out of trees, strange looking shelters, and stick men to warn other Bigfoot of humans in the area.

The story also seems to say that Bigfoot researchers have apparently communicated with the creatures by knocking pieces of wood against trees. I've never heard of this, or of the theory that the creatures fashion stick-men in order to communicate with each-other.

And what is this about "strange-looking shelters?"

I really wish the story had gone into more detail. Does anybody know anything about these claims? If true, they would imply a level of cognition and social interaction that would put Sasquatch a lot closer to the human end of the spectrum, in my opinion, to the point where it might be more accurate to think of them as people, rather than beasts.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by flightsuit

S & F for an original thread and title

Nope. Haven't heard about any of this

but it sounds fascinating

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I've heard about all of these claims apart from the stick figures. I wonder if they look like the Blair Witch stick figures? There are supposed vocalizations they use to communicate, also they are said to throw stones to scare off people.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Well I invested quite some time researching Bigfoot/Sasquatch reports, strange branch structures are commonly found and reported, they could indeed be methods of communication, but its the first time i hear about stick men to warn other bigfoots of humans in the area, could indeed be possible.

Some examples of commonly found branch structures:

A another commonly reported phenomena is the so called wood-knocking. This is a very interesting form of communication and they seem to react to human knocking too.

Even though the above videos may not be credible, believe me, there are many many many witnesses making similar claims.

[edit on 22-5-2010 by Clairaudience]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I wonder why there are no german stories about bigfoot like creatures...we have massive woods. some of them are very, very old boondocks.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Rohdan

The creatures are found in Asia and North America, there haven't been any reports coming from Europe. It is said that Bigfoot is a close relative to the Gigantopithecus, a species believed to be extinct. Remains have been found in India, China and Vietnam.

Bigfoot proponents Grover Krantz and Geoffrey Bourne believe that Bigfoot could be a relict population of Gigantopithecus. Bourne contends that as most Gigantopithecus fossils are found in China, and as many species of animals migrated across the Bering land bridge, it is not unreasonable to assume that Gigantopithecus might have as well.

Gigantopithecus

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   

[stick men to warn other Bigfoot

So the Blair Witch was really Bigfoot.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I've heard a lot about supposed sasquatch wood knocking and other communications. I've also seen some pictures of supposed 'nests' or similar shelters.

It wouldn't be too much of a surprise if these sasquatch were capable of more advanced communication than vocal acts like knocking or howling. Now we just need to try to catalogue any other physical 'warning signs' they may leave about in areas frequented by humans.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
But why would the creature want to warn others of humans have any been shot in the past? In any footage of the sasquatch they never seem to run off a high speed, i personally dont think that they would be that advanced to leave stickmen!

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Clairaudience

Wrong! Last year there was a sighting in Poland!

I just got goosebumps.
Last weekend there were many sticks lain across a path that lead into the woods. It was really strange, as if a poltergeist had been active.
Some seem to lay in a formation. In these woods I found a strange structure last week, more like an igloo build out of light pine tree branches. I will look again for it tomorrow and I will take pictures of it. I hope I can find it.
But it's not likely that it are traces of bigfoot, although it can't be ruled out.
As stated above, Germany has many, many forests which continue in the Netherlands and Poland ain't that far away.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenstorm
reply to post by Clairaudience

Wrong! Last year there was a sighting in Poland!

What a sighting of a man in a fur suit walking slowly while the camera man does a poor job of tilting away and back again.

Looks and tastes like a [HOAX] salad to me.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Sasquatch Blair Witch

but seriously, very cool!

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

I have often thought that blair witch with it's stone throwing, may have been a bigfoot. I know of no fossilised footprints of Giganto, or that might just seal the deal as to what these sightings could possibly add up to. The
mystery may remain with us always as I believe more and more these
are to closely related to paranormal activities not to be of that origin.

Native American legends claim they have magic and they are really devils.
Or have a more spiritual nature and there origins are based in another realm. That they can disappear or cause humans to forget. Shapeshifters
who have reached another plain. Shamann from days gone by who
instead now exist in this manner.
Interesting indeed. SnF

[edit on 27-5-2010 by randyvs]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   

I've also seen some pictures of supposed 'nests' or similar shelters.

If you find a place where an animal has been sleeping you should be able to find hairs from that animal. If you know where the animal has been sleeping it reduces the area to search for scat.

In my neighborhood we were able to show that a suspected den area involved coyotes, not a bobcat as we had thought possible.

Even though the above videos may not be credible, believe me, there are many many many witnesses making similar claims.

If those are made by sasquatch, then my area must be infested with them.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Regenstorm

True, i remember making a thread on that one.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And as i recall there was another set of sightings all around that time.
The Yeti spying on the bikini babe aswell.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Being a fairly avid woodsmen, I can safely say that these "structures" are pretty natural. I encounter them all the time, and We dont have Bigfoots where I am.

Im sure we would of captured one on trailcam sometime in the last couple of decades

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by VonDoomen
Being a fairly avid woodsmen, I can safely say that these "structures" are pretty natural. I encounter them all the time, and We dont have Bigfoots where I am.

Im sure we would of captured one on trailcam sometime in the last couple of decades

i'm not discounting your experiences but you should definitely look more in depth into this subject and not just glance at the videos, they don't offer much besides brief images. what you need to understand about them is that these are very large trees that are broken *quickly*, or even twisted quickly to break them. none of these have tool marks. trees do not break naturally like this. that's just the actual breaking of the trees though. there is bark stripping, tiny branch stripping as well. and they are almost all placed upside down when used in the "structures" (i quote the term and i'll explain my take on them in a moment) which i believe is so they don't blend in as another tree with the leaves sticking up like a normal tree. also yeah, they are always fresh trees not old dead ones if the leeaves and branches are left on. they range from massive and extremely complex leans, some trying to create a spherical shape rather than the teepee shape, to the very very small with extremely thin and delicate branches only a foot on the ground and well hidden. i'm sorry but nothing about these formations are natural.

as for what randy said about the natives, i think that lore needs to be taken more seriously. there are no better hunters than natives, hands down, and for such amazing hunters as themselves to say that a creature is actually using magic or is part of some other dimension, lends a lot of respect to this sasquatch creature. you know what, all that coudl be totally true, but even if its not, and its just an amazingly perfected stealth primate, for such intelligent hunters to think they are using magic is still quite impressive and says a lot, even if its not literal magic.

personally, these structures absolutely mystify me. no way people make these, no tool marks, massively heavy trees in extremely difficult and sometimes very complex positioning. i think before everyone thinks that people are making these or that they are somehow natural formations, they should really look more in depth into them because i'm sorry, there's just no way people would go out of there way to do this (because first of all they can't) to just say "look, a sasquatch made this!". they ARE found in areas of reported sasquatch activity, but the real question remains...

WHAT is their purpose?

obviously its not a shelter from the elements. they wouldn't be helpful at all for this. they could be trailmarkers or way of communicating, but from my perspective, they are just too simple to be able to convey anything. perhaps there is a very subtle communication happening, but i'm certainly not able to get anything out of them from their face value, but they could be a way of communicating or marking territory or as signposts/directions. but still... they are so simple, it leads me to believe, and its my gut feeling, that they do it almost recreationally, or instinctually build these but don't know why. if they are related to gigantopithecus then they are closer to the missing link than we think and these structures could be their cusp of intelligent evolution and not being able to make the leap like we did.

or maybe they are magical portals or shelters to cast magic around and become invisible.

or maybe there are no sasquatch.

but i know that these aren't natural, accidental structures.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I believe they do leave stick figures around. Some say it could be to warn other bigfoot and others say it could be like a toy for baby bigfoots to play with.

Either way if it's real that shows a certain level of intelligence.
edit on 8/29/11 by AstroBuzz because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join