It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calif. City Takes Stand AGAINST Illegal Immigration

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Calif. City Takes Stand AGAINST Illegal Immigration

www.foxnews.com

A California city mere miles from the metropolis that imposed a boycott on Arizona over its immigration law has just weighed in on the other side of the debate -- voting to declare itself a "Rule of Law City" where illegal immigrants are not welcome.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Mayor Allan Mansoor told Fox News on Thursday that the "Rule of Law" resolution should "set the tone" for tougher policies to come. As Arizona officers are now empowered to do, Mansoor said Costa Mesa law enforcement should be able to ask suspects for proof of legal residency.

"It's the right thing to do," he said.

Its not everyday one gets to hear about those elected officials who take a stand for the law.

I applaud for Mr. Mansoor for taking this stand as he is a Lone Wolf out their in California. For him to take such a stand in a state ruled by political correctness take not only courage but some real brass cojones.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 21-5-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

Prionace
great post

And yes this politician is showing some real guts doing what he is doing, more power to him! It seems to be so rare to find some one like him in a public position where they actually do whats right.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Atleast there's some goverment left in California that actually stands up for the law. Good job Costa Mesa!

I could easily see LA boycotting this town asap, or atleast acting a bit hostile in a way. I wonder if this is going to tear apart California a bit more?

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I have been to Costa Mesa, and it is a very diverse area. For the mayor to take such a stand, he must know about his voters stance also. Of the minority races, there are a majority of Hispanics in that area, I guess majority of them are the Legal Residents who want the Illegal troublemakers out of this country also.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I can only hope that this is the turn of the tide... Even if largely symbolic! Let's see if others will follow the suite.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   

With a majority of Hispanic it is some what surprising that he did take this stand. I guess we will have to wait and see how things turn out to determine if this is truly political maneuvering.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

I highly doubt this is a political maneuvering by this mayor. As most of his diverse constituents are of Hispanic dissent & East Indian. I believe he really is doing it for his principles and to follow the "rule of law". Illegals come to America because of the lack of laws in their original country that do not allow a individual to succeed on their talents, laws are the backbone of society. If there were no enforcers of laws, we would be like Mexico.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I do not understand why people cannot see the difference between this and what Arizona has done. AZ is not being boycotted for enforcing the law or for fighting illegal immigration. They are being boycotted for the METHOD by which they have chose to pretend to go about it with. Seems a lot of people on ATS keep missing that.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   

I like to think you are right in that statement. If you are, I do fear this man has a short political career ahead of him. To bad though, at this point I can say he is one of the few I will respect.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

Arizona is not only being boycotted for following the Law on Federal books which they adopted to enforce because the Federal Bodies were not doing a damn thing

Arizona is also being boycotted because the politicians want amnesty for the votes that going to be deported. They have already pissed of the real citizens of the country and know they won't be in power anymore if they lose these Illegal potential voters.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   

As of the census of 2000, there were 108,724 people, 39,206 households, and 22,778 families residing in the city. The racial makeup of the city was 69.48% White, 1.40% Black or African American, 0.78% Native American, 6.90% Asian, 0.60% Pacific Islander, 16.57% from other races, and 4.27% from two or more races. 31.75% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   

No matter how Arizona responds to the immigration mess, or what method they use, people will still cry foul. The government will not secure the border so they did what they needed to do. No where does it say "NO IMMIGRANTS" or "IMMIGRANTS GO HOME." America is still a land where immigrants are welcome, as long as they do it LEGALLY. It has been said over and over again that Mexican immigration laws are quite tough, and yet the Mexican president expects us to just let his people waltz in here at will, and cries rascism if someboby questions it. Boo hoo. I applaud the mayor of Costa Mesa and condemn the the city governments how dare fail the support a secure border.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Here is the Brave Soul in Costa Mesa on April 29. 2010.

Is it me or does this guy appear to have purplish skin tone.

So a purple mayor wants to show other purple, green, blue, w/e color skin people who are ILLEGAL the door. That means he has to be racist even though he himself is a purple.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   

star and flag. your absolutly right. We do tend to harp to great lenghts about the bad ones, and fail to appluad the good ones when they stand.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   

double post sorry

[edit on 5/21/2010 by Phedreus]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by prionace glauca
Here is the Brave Soul in Costa Mesa on April 29. 2010.

Is it me or does this guy appear to have purplish skin tone.

So a purple mayor wants to show other purple, green, blue, w/e color skin people who are ILLEGAL the door. That means he has to be racist even though he himself is a purple.

This guy sounds pretty logical to me. With that high of number of illegal criminals I would be booting them out to. Scary to think of how many illegals are child molesters, and there are people who want them to stay?

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by prionace glauca

Arizona is not only being boycotted for following the Law on Federal books which they adopted to enforce because the Federal Bodies were not doing a damn thing

Thanks for the BS talking points but if it was simply a federal law already on the books, it would not have had to been WRITTEN and then CHANGED before becoming a NEW LAW. Thanks for reminding me that people defending it get all their information for FOX. Try again.

Arizona is also being boycotted because the politicians want amnesty for the votes that going to be deported.

Not sure that was English. Have your papers? Seriously, if you can not form a clear and complete English sentence, this might not be the discussion for you.

They have already pissed of the real citizens of the country and know they won't be in power anymore if they lose these Illegal potential voters.

Californian politicians want illegals in AZ so they can win elections in CA? Are you even serious?

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by K J Gunderson
Thanks for the BS talking points but if it was simply a federal law already on the books, it would not have had to been WRITTEN and then CHANGED before becoming a NEW LAW. Thanks for reminding me that people defending it get all their information for FOX. Try again.

The only BS talking points that are being spwed are by you. Have you even read the bill or are you pandering on like Obama, Holder, & Napolitano. Take a look at the Federal Bill and Arizona Bill. The Federal bill allows for racial profiling, while the Arizona Bill made changes as to not allow it.

Deny that Kool Aid, its not good for common sense.

Not sure that was English. Have your papers? Seriously, if you can not form a clear and complete English sentence, this might not be the discussion for you.

English? Oh, about that typo. Seriously if you have want to have grammar pissing contest. Lets go do it at the border and I'll bring my papers. And before you try to teach me some English, please concentrate your efforts on the ILLEGALS and as they would benefit a lot more from your lessons.

Californian politicians want illegals in AZ so they can win elections in CA? Are you even serious?

Are you even extrapolating? If Arizona sets precedence, the Illegals are worried that it would follow on to the other states. And they are right, it is following to the other states...13 more states coming on board with Arizona.

That is why those Illegals are mad and the politicians are boycotting Arizona. They have a voting block they can tap into and so the story folds.

Deny the Kool Aid, it is bad for Common Sense.

Mad Love,

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by zodgilla60

No matter how Arizona responds to the immigration mess, or what method they use, people will still cry foul.

That may be true but I am not "people" so your point is lost on me. I only care about the method by which they go about it.

The government will not secure the border so they did what they needed to do.

You could say the same thing had they enacted a law making it legal to hunt and kill Hispanics. Not much of an argument.

No where does it say "NO IMMIGRANTS" or "IMMIGRANTS GO HOME."

I do not care.

America is still a land where immigrants are welcome, as long as they do it LEGALLY.

I do not care.

It has been said over and over again that Mexican immigration laws are quite tough, and yet the Mexican president expects us to just let his people waltz in here at will, and cries rascism if someboby questions it.

Take it up with the Mexican president.

Boo hoo. I applaud the mayor of Costa Mesa and condemn the the city governments how dare fail the support a secure border.

You just needed to hit reply to someone before posting? Not sure why you would reply to me about what some people might do in the future if things are different or the over anything the Mexican president said. I am not any of those people and did not post anything saying otherwise.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join