It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Congress approves Obama funding for Iron Dome defense system

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   

U.S. Congress approves Obama funding for Iron Dome defense system

www.haaretz.com

The U.S. House of Representatives on Thursday voted in favor of President Barack Obama's plans to help Israel fund the deployment of the Iron Dome anti-missile defense system.

Lawmakers, by a 410-4 margin, backed Obama's plan to give Israel 205 million dollars for its production of a short-range rocket defense system.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
palestinenote.com
www.google.com
www.ynetnews.com
axisoflogic.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
US to fund installation of Israeli rocket defence system

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
What an absolute joke. Are you as Americans happy that your tax dollars are being spent on this?

This says it all really.

Israeli Defense Minister Ehud Barak requested the funds from the US after Israel's armed forces excluded the project from their owe proposed budget.Barak discussed the plan with top US officials during a visit to Washington earlier in May.

Seriously?! Its not like Israel is a third world country unable to run itself effectively and protect itself through the use of its own tax revenues.

Good to see the usual suspects sticking to their guns in the U.S. Senate.

Fifteen representatives did not vote on the resolution. Voting against the measure were Rep. John Conyers (D-MI), Rep. Dennis Kucinich (D-OH), Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX), and Rep. Pete Stark (D-CA).

palestinenote.com...

Thoughts?

www.haaretz.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 20-5-2010 by Peruvianmonk]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Wait..Republicans say he HATES Israel!!!!

For hating them..he sure likes to give them money...although this is small potatoes compared to the *30 BILLION over the next decade that he already pledged to them.

Looks as if it wasn't enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[edit on 20-5-2010 by David9176]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

It's closer to $3 billion in military aid this year, and now $3.5 billion with this package. Still this is no small change as is illustrated here.

$3 billion in military aid to Israel could fund instead 364,000 low-income households with affordable housing vouchers, or retrain 498,000 unemployed workers for green jobs, or provide early reading programs to 887,000 at-risk students, or provide access to primary health care services for more than 24 million uninsured Americans.

axisoflogic.com...

[edit on 20-5-2010 by Peruvianmonk]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Well it's either that or Israel starts invading Lebanon and Syria.

And I'm not kidding.

Funding this is cheaper than igniting the whole middle-east, in money and in lives.

Israel probably give Obama a choice : either you fund us, or we destroy Lebanon and Syria and probably Iran too.

[edit on 20-5-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I see it in a different way. This 'defensive' Iron Dome will give Israel a huge strategic advantage over Hams, Hezbollah, Syria, Iran. If anything this will encourage Israel to launch an assult on one or more of it's enemies.

Let's be honest, this Israeli Coalition under Netanyahu may be the most extreme regime in Israel's history.

If prior administration's such as Olmert's and Sharon's were willing to attack Hamas in Gaza and Hezbollah in the Lebanaon for no other reason than to punish them, who knows how far Netanyahooo and his nutter allies are willing to go?

In my opinion Obama and the Senate have almost given a green light for agressive Israeli moves against her enemies in the near future.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Have any of you seen the shocking number of dual citizenship (US/Israel) DC politicians we have currently??? If you have you would not be surprised at all. I want all peoples in the middle east to have a fair fight. I really do. Because lets face it - the middle east has been at each other's throats for longer than ANY of us have been alive. This will not change. It will not change ever. It will not change until a war breaks out and one of the sides loses.

The US is held for ransom by the scumbag politicians of the middle eastern countries. "We will not war if you pay us a pile of $$$". Isn't Egypt still on our payroll, too? I think we should say no. N. O. Have fun killing yourselves off because as I have just stated -

they have been fighting longer than any of us have been alive and will continue looooooooonnnnngggggg after we are all dead and buried. The middle east is a waste of time and money.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by normal_human_being

That doesn't really surprise me to be honest. Who are these individuals with dual citizenship? Ralph Emmanuel? Joe Liberman?

new topics

top topics

join