It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

americans, buy american or quit yer' bitchin'.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by PatesHatriots

i agree with just about everything you said. there is some far superior products in some ways.
italian clothing etc.....can't afford most of the imports i truly do like.
and your point about the corps....tax shelters etc.....is absolutely true.

Why should I be forced to buy some sub-standard crap with an American flag on it when there are far better products on the market.

personally i'm not talking about forcing anybody to do anything. i'd object to laws banning imports. i'm only talking about intentianally purchasing american to make sure we don't lose our entire manufacturing base.
even technology hurts this base. a robotic machine can do the work of multiple humans.
we need to at least hang on to a bit of our middle class.

[edit on 20-5-2010 by rubbertramp]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
A few years ago my roommate and I were cleaning house and I asked him if he would care if I threw out some of the silverware.

We had 2 collections of silverware. One set was all metal stainless steel, the other set was metal but with a plastic handle.

Upon further inspection it said MADE IN CHINA on it, so I asked if he would care if I threw them out. It turned out that neither of us had ever used the chinese ones because we were naturally averse to the plastic handles.

We wondered what kind of metal they used, because it had no markings other than MADE IN CHINA. When we tried bending a fork, pieces of the "metal" just snapped right off!

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
omg insane 75 to 95 $ for sandles??? your joking ?
what a load no wonder people dont buy made in the us who are you kidding.
ok china sandles are cheep dont last and take our jobs but give me a brake you cant make sandles for say 20$ even ???? come on china sandles 3 to 10$
Us sandles 75 to over 100$ now try compeating a little why not say 15 to 35$ .
you cant make sandles alset that price forget you I can go cut up a old tire make sandles Made in the us my cost 99 cent for hack saw blade 1$ for cloth to make the straps heck make um out of an old leather purse for a $ at a yard sale
and a american comp cant make under 75$ LOL NO WONDER THERE ALL GOING UNDER

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by xxcalbier

i live in sandals. i find chaco's on sale in the off season for 40-45.
get a year out of them. i'll go through a pair of walmart sandals in a month.
literally. the most poular are teva. decent quality, made in china now, and about the same price or more than chaco.
there are a few things i pay for that i need, and want the quality.
sandals and boots are high priority for me. besides my danner boots, i have a pair of vasque, made in italy i believe. i paid 120 for those, have had them 2 years.
i can blow through a cheap pair of boots in a month, easy, and they hurt my feet.
the thing i don't have a use for is plastic. i really don't use things made from it. walmart is great for people looking for this, but the plastic used in the packaging alone turns me off.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join