It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wal-Mart Pulls Jewelry Over" Highly Toxic " Cadmium

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
This is crazy why would they even use this metal......

LOS ANGELES — Walmart said Wednesday it is pulling an entire line of Miley Cyrus-brand necklaces and bracelets from its shelves after tests performed for The Associated Press found the jewelry contained high levels of the toxic metal cadmium

Walmart Stores Inc. had learned of cadmium in the Miley Cyrus jewelry, as well as in an unrelated line of bracelet charms, in February, based on an earlier round of testing conducted at AP’s request, but had continued selling the items. It said as recently as last month that it would be too difficult to test products already on its shelves.
Full Article
"cadmium"

Cadmium (pronounced /ˈkædmiəm/, KAD-mee-əm) is a chemical element with the symbol Cd and atomic number 48. The soft, bluish-white metal is chemically similar to the two other metals in group 12, zinc and mercury. Similar to zinc it prefers oxidation state +2 in most of its compounds and similar to mercury it shows a low melting point compared to transition metals.
Wikipedia
Wonder how long they have been selling this before it was discovered or if it is used in other products
the toxicity....

Cadmium poisoning is an occupational hazard associated with industrial processes such as metal plating and the production of nickel-cadmium batteries, pigments, plastics, and other synthetics. The primary route of exposure in industrial settings is inhalation. Inhalation of cadmium-containing fumes can result initially in metal fume fever but may progress to chemical pneumonitis, pulmonary edema, and death.[29
wikipedia

what does ATS think

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
messed up bud, shame. I work at walmart or 'ASDA' part time at university.

There's sign's about water flouridation and it's benefits in staff sections
There's sign's saying 'spill the bean's' EVERYWHERE, basicly telling you to tell on anybody that you know of that's doing something criminal.
And finally there's sign's about internet blogging, i.e. if I say a word bad against the company on the internet, and they find out who I am (They pay people to monitor the internet), then I get fired.

The ultimate Big Brother workshop, and I hate it there.

Ile take pictures of these signs if your interested?

BTW on topic, that's #ed up, and only something they are capable of, also the guy that got fired from walmart who had worked there for year's, having a brain tumor and smoking medicaly perscribed cannabis resulted in him getting fired, and thus, lives out his day is missery with no money, waiting to die, walmart are lovely.

Strangely enough, im risking my job posting this reply, how weird is that!!, though the question is, do i really give a #.... no

[edit on 20-5-2010 by Mr Zeropoint]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Zeropoint

Charlie, get off the ATS site and get back to aisle 4 or your fired.

Too funny!

It's been more than a year since I've bought anything from wal mart. I thought I could never do it but I did it!

join