It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stocks Fall for Sixth Day, U.S. Futures Slide as Euro Weakens

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Stocks Fall for Sixth Day, U.S. Futures Slide as Euro Weakens

Haunting headline. You could read the second part as The future of the United States is tied into the future of the European Economic union.

I believe we may see a historic crash this week. If not by Friday I will breath a little easier because we will have two more days of rest til Monday.

Stocks slid for a sixth day and U.S. index futures declined as the euro weakened against the dollar. Oil fell and palladium extended its losing streak to the worst since July.

Everything won't fall. I bet we get a scenario where oil may begin to rise again. Certain powerful oil companies are under a little more scrutiny lately and a war would take a lot of heat off of them.

The MSCI World Index of 23 developed nations’ stocks fell 0.5 percent at 11:45 a.m. in London for its longest losing streak in four months. The Stoxx Europe 600 Index dropped 0.5 percent and futures on the Standard & Poor’s 500 Index retreated 0.6 percent. The euro weakened against the dollar, trading near the lowest level in four years. Palladium lost 7.5 percent, extending its six-day slump to 22 percent.

European finance officials meet in Brussels a day before the German parliament votes on the country’s share of a $1 trillion bailout to backstop the euro in the wake of a worsening sovereign debt crisis.

Question?

Why is it that before we go to war Germany is always strong after taking it in the chin for a few decades or so.

I am reflecting upon the idea of WW two. Hitler had performed a economic miracle in lifting Germany out of financial ruin.

Now we seem to be having a similar scenario only in financial terms for Germany. as well as the unification of East and West Germany. Also note that German troops are at war for the first time since the defeat of Hitler.
(Afghanistan)

I also have the distinct feeling that the idea of a united Europe is in danger in much the same way that the idea of a North American Union is pretty well dead on this side of the pond.

Interesting times.

South Korea Generals meet today to discuss North Korea.

We have the beginnings of a economic civil war in the USA between Arizona and the US states who have taken a pro immigration stance such as California.

The big money guys meeting yesterday in Brussels as cited above.

Mexico and the Federal government both against Arizona.

China losing economic muscle.

Expanding fronts in Kandahar, Afghanistan which will only prove more interesting as harvest is over I believe in Afghanistan.

Civil War skirmishes in the Middle East around Saudi Arabia.

And of course the BP spill.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 20-5-2010 by whiteraven]

new topics

join