It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

smallpox vaccine may protect against HIV

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Study suggests smallpox vaccine may protect against HIV

Laboratory tests suggested that immunity to smallpox triggered by the smallpox vaccine can inhibit the replication of the AIDS virus, the researchers said in the journal BMC Immunology.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

SOURCE: The Washington Post

They say its still early, but interesting enough for me. I have read similar thread on the internets in the past, but this is new.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I want to believe, too. That would be wonderful I have read lots about diseases, John Snow is one of my heroes, and was very glad to hear that they were keeping the smallpox virus save, and not destroying it. It would have been a really bad mistake. If this does develop into something grander, or even if it just redirects research closer to finding something that does work, would be wonderful. Everything has a purpose, even smallpox.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Uh oh. I can see it coming.

Those of us older ex partiers will be dieing of stroke if there is a preventative vaccine for HIV.

I have said it , jokingly, and so have many others that if there is a vaccine against HIV we will all hit the bars and start drinking and having unprotected sex again after all these many years of being either careful or celibate.

Have no fear oldsters. We out number the young partiers and we will start looking good to each other after about the third or forth drink.

Who knows it may become a status symbol to be old and have the most wrinkles.

Bars will be equiped with oxygen and medical reference books to make sure we don't mix the alcohol with our prescribed drugs.

I'm being silly today. I do hope for the countless unborn that either a cure or vaccine is found to prevent HIV.

By the way, my happiness comes in the form of a concert without the booze and sex now.

I'm as happy as a pig rolling in a mudd puddle in the sun. And that, my friends is happy.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
That is actually not surprising at all.

Did you know survivors of the black plague past a gene that came make you immune to aids ? Evidence shows that these survivors didn't survive the black plague at all.

They survived a virus. This virus is considered... Smallpox.

Wike link to responsible gene.

It was mentioned on a thread I've made last week or so on another possible breakthrough. Which you can read here. New insights into the mystery of natural HIV immunity

To me it seems logical. If this is true then it also proofs that the black plague was indeed Smallpox back then.

What do you know...
S & F

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Can it really prevent HIV, or is it just a marketing tactic ?
Does it make you sterile due to the fact that most countries vaccines have squalene in them ?

Should we look at how the H1N1 swine flu vaccine was nothing more than a corporate bailout/ mass sterilization for ~20% of the population.

PROOF VITAMIN D KILLS H1N1 NOT Vaccine!
www.youtube.com...

How on earth did mankind live for millions of years without vaccines ?

Vaccines haven't saved us from anything, it was improvements in sanitation. We've all been told a lie, the drug companies only showed us a portion of the real data.

The chart below shows that vaccines have not saved us. This information is from Australia, but other countries would be similar.

A survey of 274 studies conducted by researchers from the internationally prestigious Cochrane Vaccine Field in Italy, and published in the British Medical Journal on October 28, 2006 stated that flu vaccines have not been shown to be effective or safe.
www.medicalnewstoday.com...

The Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA), the National Vaccine Information Center is calling on the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) to stop recommending annual flu shots.

top topics

join