It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection posers charged in another Nigerian $ scam

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I can't believe folks are still being scammed by this Nigerian money scam...

In this case, 2 victims shelled out nearly $300K :shk:

media-newswire.com

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. - Saleumsak Khammungkhune, 57, of San Diego, and David Johnson, a/k/a Ukoha Eke, 39, a Nigerian national residing in Upper Marlboro, Md., were arrested and charged in a criminal complaint with conspiracy to impersonate U.S. officers and with wire fraud, following an investigation by the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement ( ICE ) Office of Professional Responsibility ( OPR ).

Just say no!

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I met a Nigerian scammer in a chat room once. "She" had a picture of an old lady in a hospital bed with tubes coming out of her nose. "She" told me that she wanted to use her husband's savings to start a foundation to help orphans. So she gave me her email, and I had to email this "doctor," the doctor then gave me his phone number. Still no money involved either way, and I was getting really suspicious by this point, so I did some research and found a website about Nigerian scamming. I checked the number they gave me, and sure enough, the international code was for NIGERIA!

I then contacted the FBI and made out a report that they probably just filed away somewhere. Recently I heard some official of Nigeria saying to blame the victims, and while the victims are stupid, so is the Nigerian scam.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
As it is said, "there's a sucker born every minute".

Unfortunately people's greed overwhelm their common sense at times and these scammers know that, and their numbers of scamming people still prove that simple fact.

But maybe they'll get a cell next to Bernie Madoff's, they can trade stories on their biggest scams together !!

new topics

join