It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which News Agency Serves More Terror/Scares More Americans, AL-JAZEERA Or FOX NEWS?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
YA, I SAID IT!

Which News Agency Serves More Terror/Scares More Americans, AL-JAZEERA Or FOX NEWS?

Who serves Americans more FEAR and TERROR?

AL-Jazeera Or Fox News?

Which do you think is more subversive to American social cohesion?

Sources:
Al-Jezeera
english.aljazeera.net...
Fox News:
www.foxnews.com... -

[edit on 19-5-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
How do you try to compare the two?

One get actual video from terrorist oranizations

The other uncovers the truth a out the progressives and their agenda

if people are scared from hearing the truth then the progressive have completed the task of brainwashing

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Fox news hands down. Al-Jazeera is actually a pretty good news source. You have to get passed the notion that since it's middle-eastern, it's pro terrorist. American news is all controled. If you have any hope of getting the truth and the news you need to look overseas. I'd like to know what non-americans (US) think of US news.

I never really noticed it until I started reading my news off the Inet.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus13
How do you try to compare the two?

One get actual video from terrorist oranizations

if people are scared from hearing the truth then the progressive have completed the task of brainwashing

I'll tell ya if you really believe that then it's not the progressives that have been brainwashed. I have been around a long time and I watched the media do it. Back with Rush and Barry Farber and G Gordon Liddy, 15 years ago.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
How about this for starters?

How many Americans actually frequent Al-Jazeera for their news? Certainly, no one in my realm so I'm going to have to say very few.

Naturally, the avg. joe is probably watching one of the big 3 networks with the major cable outlets being watched next. If you watch carefully, you will notice that the big 3 are slowly wising up. You may not see it on the evening news but you will see it on their websites.

Given our choices I lean towards Fox News for more in depth details on a daily basis. If want to know more, I go on line.

Its all a matter of opinion so all you Faux News haters can save your breath. I could say that the Loons on MSNBC are just as crazy as you deem the rational Fox News talent. No point in creating a thread on that.

I say read as much as you can and form your own opinions. That's what is so great about ATS. I enjoy reading posts from those in other countries especially when they reference foreign news outlets. The new perspective can be refreshing at times.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by damwel

Ummm let's see... I have fox news on all day at work and read this website everyday. Why is it that fox news is the only news source on television that talks about alot of the stories that are on this forum. Why is it that other mainstream media sources do not cover any of these stories but basically tries to hide them like they are not going on. So yes I do believe that fox news is not a fearmongering media source but a truth teller. Of course all media is controlled there are alot of stories that are not being covered. It just feel that ABC,MSNBC,CNN,CBS are way more censored and controlled that FOX. It is may more informatable to read and more of the truth will be on website opposed to Main Scheme Media watering stories down

[edit on 19-5-2010 by Ophiuchus13]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus13

While using what they know of their own agenda as their only basis for comparison.

Glenn Beck's Program would be infinitely more informative, and entertaining, if he made any effort at all to comply with the standards he says he promotes.

SPEAK WITHOUT FEAR?
QUESTION WITH BOLDNESS?

Mr. Beck falls a little short of the expectations he places on his viewers, and demands of leadership.

if people are scared from hearing the truth then the progressive have completed the task of brainwashing.

Ya, anti-progression sounds like so much more truth!

Quick, no more evolution, progression!
Quick, no more change, progression!
Quick, EVERYBODY STOP! NO Progressive intentions anywhere!

who's brainwashing what brainwashed brainwashers?

me? I can have a dirty mind if i feel so inclined.

how do people in your reality define "progressive"?

Main Entry: 1pro·gres·sive
Pronunciation: \prə-ˈgre-siv\
Function: adjective [
Date: circa 1612
1 a : of, relating to, or characterized by progress b : making use of or interested in new ideas, findings, or opportunities c : of, relating to, or constituting an educational theory marked by emphasis on the individual child, informality of classroom procedure, and encouragement of self-expression
2 : of, relating to, or characterized by progression
3 : moving forward or onward : advancing
4 a : increasing in extent or severity b : increasing in rate as the base increases
5 often capitalized : of or relating to political Progressives
6 : of, relating to, or constituting a verb form that expresses action or state in progress at the time of speaking or a time spoken of
7 : of, relating to, or being a multifocal lens with a gradual transition between focal lengths
8 : or, relating to, or using a method of video scanning (as for television or a computer monitor) in which the horizontal lines of each frame are drawn successively from top to bottom — compare interlaced

FOX NEWS PROMOTES TRUTH, BY PROMOTING ANTI-PROGRESSIVE SENTIMENTS:

ANTI - PROGRESSIVE IS
... by it's very definitions:
1) Against: making use of, or interested in new ideas.
2) Against: moving forward or onward : advancing
3) Against: increasing in extent
4) Against: gradual transition
5) Against: using a method of video television or computer

WOULDN'T IT BE A HOOT TO WATCH FOX ADHERE TO THE STANDARDS THEY ALLEGEDLY PURSUE?

No more new ideas, advancing, increasing in extent, gradual transitions, or any methods using video, television, or computers?

If you expect me to take FOX NEWS seriously, they are going to have to provide on air a demonstration of what they expect of their audiences.

[edit on 19-5-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
This thread is a joke.

Keep waiting eventually your liberal Fox hater friends will join in and agree and then you can all have a group hug.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus13

People do want the truth as is shown below
May 18, 2010 04:51 PM

Total day: FNC: 351 | CNN: 143 | MSNBC: 132 | HLN: 149

Prime: FNC: 502 | CNN: 125 | MSNBC: 273 | HLN: 179

5p: 6p: 7p: 8p: 9p:

FNC Beck: Baier: Shep: O'Reilly: Hannity:
632 449 357 648 458

CNN Blitzer: Blitzer: KingUSA: Brown: King:
120 120 145 108 90

MSNBC Matthews: EdShow: Matthews: Olbermann: Maddow:
87 122 169 287 279 253

HLN Showbiz: Prime: Issues: Grace: Behar: Grace:
77 98 147 270 121 154

Data by Nielsen Media Research. Live and same day (DVR) data.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Whilst most news sources are utter gash, AlJazeera is pretty much the ONLY news hcannel I'll watch. From what I'veseen, you get a good, balanced version of the news. It pisses all over the BBC/SKY/Fox from a great height. Pure and simple.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by damwel

Are you kidding? No really are you kidding? Wait....are you kidding?!?!

If this was the 40s I suppose you would be saying that the NAZI news sources were fantastic sources of information as well. Honestly, people like you scare me.

Nothing personal....

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus13

If you believe that check out "Outfoxed". The employees of Fox news tell how they are ordered to take certain slants on stories under threat of their jobs. As for the reason you see alot of Fox stories here at ATS is because there are a lot of Foxies here. (I never used that term before, I like it
)

If you come into work and something is happening and you ask 5 people what happened...
4 tell you the same thing and 1 has a different story. Are 4 "controlled" and lying or keeping the truth from you and 1 is telling the truth? Or are 4 telling you the truth and 1 is slanting it? Which do you really think is more plausable?

edit: To rockstrongo37: Well it's ok cause people like you really scare me too

[edit on Wed May 19th, 2010 by damwel]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Surfrat

That's hardly evidence that people want truth so they watch Glenn Beck? I don't think he's said anything truthful yet? If he was telling the truth the entire world is run by Nazis

Your statistics remind me of an old saying...
"Eat manure, 1,000,000,000 flies can't be wrong".

I think most (not all) Foxies watch it because they want to be told what to think and be told in a way they can comprehend. "Gore-Bad" "Bush-Good"

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Surfrat

How do ratings equate to truth?

If Ratings EQUAL Truth then which of the following is selling more truth:
WWE, TNA, ECW, or MMA?

www.prowrestling.com...

wrestling.insidepulse.com... 0/01/05/monday-night-ratings-details-wwe-monday-night-raw-vs-tna-impact/

In the first major Monday Night ratings war in nearly a decade, both shows combined for the largest wrestling audience on a Monday in some time.

WWE Raw rating isnt final yet, but should settle in at around 3.7 or 3.8 given their viewership level.

WWE peaked with a 4.1 quarter hour rating for DX vs. Chris Jericho and the Big Show at the 10PM hour. The overrun featuring Bret Hart vs Vince McMahon verbal confrontation did a huge 4.4 rating. The show opened with a 3.7 rating with Bret Hart up against the peak TNA rating.

TNA Impact did a 1.5 rating, here are the hour breakdowns:

Hour 1: 1.69 rating
Hour 2: 1.44 rating
Hour 3: 1.22 rating

Hour 1 was the peak hour with 2.5 million viewers. The peak quarter hour of the show was the first quarter of hour 2, which featured Hulk Hogan, the NWO reunion and Eric Bischoff, with a 1.88 rating. The lowest quarter hour was also in hour 2, with Pope vs. Desmond Wolfe and an A.J. Styles interview.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Well,you certainly don't have an agenda now do you?

Why would a normal American even watch that mid eastern news channel or even have it on their cable?

The fact that you did not even consider comparing ALL the American MSM news organizations just proves your ignorant leftist leanings.

Fox news rating have been consistently increasing as the other news organizations ratings have dwindled to hardly any one watching other than the few ignorant people.

[edit on 19-5-2010 by Oneolddude]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by damwel

I should scare you as well I suppose. Smart, informed, intelligent people have always intimidated those who live their lives in self enforced ignorance and delusion.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

Faux entertainment hands down!!I only visit it for laughs rarely...reading all the raging comments there make me lol.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
How about this for starters?

How many Americans actually frequent Al-Jazeera for their news? Certainly, no one in my realm so I'm going to have to say very few.

Good point, let me ask another question then:

Which is more detrimental to america's image and reputation?

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crimson_King
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

Faux entertainment hands down!!I only visit it for laughs rarely...reading all the raging comments there make me lol.

What is really funny for FOX News is that the digital TV guide on my cable defines most FOX news programs (especially their morning show "FOX & FRIENDS") as:

"The Usual Banter Between Hosts"

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
In my very humble and quite honest opinion.

I would have to say that it is Fox News that spreads the most fear and terror amongst Americans and maybe even the rest of the world. Granted that Al-Jazeera does come off to some as being "pro-terrorist" and "anti-Israeli." It is the topics that Fox Noise covers that scares most people.

For instance........
"Is your drinking water safe from terrorist?" Saty tuned to find out more!!

or

"Will the next terrorist attack in the US be of the homegrown variety?? We report, WE DECIDE!!

Besides, the last few times I have watched Fox News. It was only because I knew that I was going to get a laugh from something they propogandized. Then again, does Fox News seem like a cable news version of Rush Limbaugh's radio show?
It sure does to me.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join