It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9 most puzzling ancient artifacts

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Because he already provided information backing up what he said. The guy just said some stuff and we're suppose to just beleive it, he didn't even give a link saying who said any of those things. Didn't post any of those christian sites...this is ATS, if you're going to say something be ready to back it up.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheArxmaster
As far as the model airplanes go, there are also wall engravings found in other ancient cultures that depict such things as helicopters and even spacecraft. The one possible explanation that I've never heard put forth to explain these things is that it is possible that the mystics of antiquity had the ability to 'see' into the future. Could it be that they simply carved images of what they saw?

Dude, that's a written language, not artwork.

You'll find this piece of the "Two Ladies" titulary in the Temple of Osiris at Abydos in Egypt.

It's part of the titulary (list of titles held by the king) that runs around that room near the ceiling, but they never show you the rest of it. Just this one piece.

This has been explained to death here at ATS, most lucidly by Byrd, but even some rude know-it-all disinformation agent named Harte has explained it before, right here in this old post.

If you want the facts, then read that post carefully, go to the two sites I linked in it, and (especially on that wiki page) carefully examine the photos as I describe in that post.

If you don't care to know the facts, congratulations, you are in the majority (it seems) at ATS.

Harte

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Well I hadn't and thank you for providing some stuff for me to read. Sorry if I came by as a jerk, just don't like when people just declare stuff like that and don't give atleast a little bit to back it up. Sure, I could have looked a lot into it, but I'm just sayin it's helps your argument so much better if you just post that stuff, then you don't get a-holes such as myself jammin you up lol...

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Star and flag for a good before work thread! The only OOP I do not like in this list is the Ica Stones - clearly a fake but still pretty and wonderful nonetheless.

I actually don't have a problem with artifacts like the Stones, as long as they are portrayed as works of "What if?" instead of "This happened". Science is just geeks mixing colored water together without wonder and abstract thought.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by agentofchaos
reply to post by Harte

Because he already provided information backing up what he said. The guy just said some stuff and we're suppose to just beleive it, he didn't even give a link saying who said any of those things. Didn't post any of those christian sites...this is ATS, if you're going to say something be ready to back it up.

I don't understand this at all.

I mean, the OP posted a link to a creationist site. The site had no information backing anything up. The linked site didn't indicate who said any of those things, the linked site infers that "we're suppose to just beleive it."

Yet no comment from you on these obvious faults in the OP, only that Kandinsky wasn't "backing up his claims."

Seemed a little weird to me.

Harte

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
What about the ones that have details in them that are only visible with a blacklight or UV light?

The ones that Klaus Dona has presented are very interesting.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by GeminiSky

IMO Klaus Dona is a very suspect guy. A recent thread illustrated either dishonesty or plain laziness on his part. He's been trawling certain artifacts around the UFO/ancient astronaut circuit that are well-known and explained.

The guy's website is overrun with the cockroaches of inaccuracy, misidentification and hoaxterisationisms.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
This reminds me of that video or book, Omega Project Codes, which really kind of proves some of these artifacts.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock
The Coso Artifact is very interesting.

It's been identified as a 1920's era Champion spark plug that became encased in hard clay. Another clue to its hoaxiness -- the people who own it have it hidden away and won't let legitimate researchers examine it. Typical.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
We have innumerable threads on the individual objects. We also have lots of threads on combined groups of objects that include these.

Please contribute to one of those wonderful, long running threads. This one (under our policy of No Duplicate Threads, Please) is being closed.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join