It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video Shows Bus Driver Allegedly Running Down Cyclist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Video Shows Bus Driver Allegedly Running Down Cyclist

www.nbcmiami.com

Most people know that being a cyclist in Miami isn't the healthiest choice you can make.

But now there is video proof. A Youtube video has surfaced which allegedly shows an incident in January where a Miami-Dade transit bus mows down a cyclist on Biscayne Boulevard. The footage comes from the on board camera on the bus.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   

This video is pretty shocking. In the video one can clearly see the bus continuosly tries to catch up with this rider, even running through a yellow light only to finally hit the bike rider. Once the rider is hit, the driver claims the bike rider jumped in front of the bus.

She tells the passengers the same story and passengers are not buying it. One of the passenger wants to check on the bike rider, and the bus driver tells the would be helper NO.

www.nbcmiami.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
wow thats even worse than one of the drivers at my school!she drove into a ditch, one of the steep country ones, to HIT A CALF! its like, how did you get your CDL????

omg thats just retarded that these people are allowed to drive!

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
wow seemed like the bus driver was actualy trying to catch up and when she finaly did, just a little turn to the right " on purpose" and bam. when the bike was stopped waitng for the bus to go by!....
crazy B$%$ hope biker was ok and bus driver fired or better yet charged... just my opinion!

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by paradiselost333

She was definitely chasing the biker down. You can hear her on the video going get out of the way, when he was a block ahead of the bus. Then she ran through a Yellow so she can bump him on purpose.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Being a cyclist and having previously lived in a city I know too well the contempt the motorists and the cities bus drivers have for you daring to use their road.

The favorite thing where I was was for them to time closing in on the bus stop with you passing the bus stop as to crush you between the stop and the bus.

If you stopped peddling the riders at the bus stop would more often than not rob you and beat you.

I hate cities. They seem to collect all of the worst humans into one disgusting garbage filled place.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Its not really the cities, its the quality of the city employees. These employees don't undergo sensitivity control or anger management courses. Being a bus driver in the city is already stressful. But this is just beyond reasoning, the rider was not out of control or purposely disrupting the bus's path, this bus driver needs to be fired and made an example of.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I thought this thread could use a reviving maybe it passed under the radar.
As we are talking about rage against cyclists.

Please view the video and make your call about who is at fault here.

[edit on 14-7-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I see the bikers hand slap the windshield of the bus...it appears like his left hand. Now why would a bicyclist reach out with his left hand and tap the windshield...I see the bike still standing as it goes past the bus doors. I have ridden in buses and this is about how fast they go. Even the rattling of the bus visor seems like it is going the same speed as any other bus I've been on.

I personally think the biker was at fault. However, since there doesn't appear to be a bike lane the bus driver had a responsibility to share the lane with the biker. I also noticed the bike running red lights...so if we are following traffic laws, the biker was the one suspect of breaking the driving laws.

new topics

top topics

join