It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop looking for directions kills woman's dog

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
No the cops in Scotland carry their dicks to crew kids!!

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by stevcolx

Thought so, so don't even begin to compare how rude scotland cops are to ours. All you gotta do is slap them and they'll walk away. what else are they gunna do to you? look at you angrily?

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
And anyway. U need to watch the vid closely. The dog was not in a straight formation with the cop. There is no apparent danger at all. Unless he is a pussy and doesn't like dogs near him. And to try to bribe the owner with money to shut up?

That is clearly BS from the cop and department!!!

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
ok a few points...
1. i dont care if the dog is a living being, so is a rat and a spider.
2. there is no audio on the vid so u have no idea if the dog was growling or happily barking
3. ya he walked back slowly.... since your a kid thats what ppl tell u to do if u have an aggressive animal
4. if the "bad cop" had been caught on tape kicking the dog you would be making this whole # storm over again.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Wasn't the case settled?

A cash sum for the owner of the dog...

There you have it, what he did was wrong, if there was ANY way he could have walked away from this scot-free--he would have.

No use standing up for him (after all--he is a criminal for stealing).

And anyone who thinks they can get away with this will end up in jail for trying (unless you're a cop).

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by stevcolx
And to try to bribe the owner with money to shut up?

That is clearly BS from the cop and department!!!

It's ironic that this cop tried to bribe the woman. What would've happened if the woman had said, "Hey. You pay me $_____ and this goes away. It never happened." SHE would be arrested for blackmail or extortion. Or BOTH!!!

And if anyone on of US were to bribe a cop to get out of a ticket, WE would be arrested for that too.

All this tells me is to be leary of the officer to offers a bribe, because he probably accepts them and will falsify evidence if the price is right.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Just Wondering
well I watched the video and i gotta say that dog was coming at a fast clip, he was untethered and unfenced. the dog was on the attack. thank God the cop had a quick draw beause it looked like the dog was about to jump when he shot it.
wish he would have tazed it but he may not have had a taser at the time.

If your dog attacks, KEEP IT ON A LEASH OR BEHIND A FENCE!!

don't be whining if it gets killed!

Dude really? The pig cop was tresspassing on private property.

I get charged by dogs all the time. and more aggressive looking ones than this one, I just hold my ground and nothing ever happens, apart from me eventually petting the dog.

The pig was a coward and seems to have lost touch with reality and reasonability, just like you.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst

It appears this deputy, Sean Knight is quite a piece of work.

after the dog shooting incident he was fired from an off duty security position for falsifying time sheets.

The department stated they would not press charges because that is not a crime, however it is, because falsifying time sheets equals theft from a company.

It's obvious this guy's a scum bag who feels he can do whatever he wants without consequences, ... and his department only cover's his azz.

here's the article

chickashanews.com...

Deputy Knight too could not be reached for comment. Knight also recently made headlines after shooting a Blanchard woman’s family dog last year and allegations of wrongdoing were turned over to the Sheriff’s Department as well as a lawsuit filed. Allegedly the commissioners are expected to approve a $15,000 settlement with the victim at next Monday’s commissioners meeting.

Interesting !

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tharsis
Wasn't the case settled?

A cash sum for the owner of the dog...

There you have it, what he did was wrong, if there was ANY way he could have walked away from this scot-free--he would have.

No use standing up for him (after all--he is a criminal for stealing).

And anyone who thinks they can get away with this will end up in jail for trying (unless you're a cop).

Since when is a settlement an admission of guilt?

The practice of a settlement has been misused by loads of people throughout time as a way to get money.

The video has no sound, so we don't know exactly what made the cop pull his gun in the first place. What we do see is a dog running towards him. We don't see from how far away it has been running and we don't hear if it is growling or yapping.

We also see on this very thread that this video leaves some room for interpretations. We have a number of people who knows dogs, that swear that the dog wasn't agressive in it's body language. I tend to agree with them.

We also have people who swear that the dog seemed agressive and was posing a threat. I can see how people not liking dogs would think so. A non-dog-owner doesn't read a dogs the same as a dog-owner.

We also have a cop that probably comes in contact with a lot of people having dogs for bragging rights or "manhood extensions". Trailer Trash with killer/attack dogs. We have lots of them in Denmark, and I'm sure you have even more in America. Those dogs are often trained to be extremely agressive and they are known for being mentally unstable.

And I don't care if some of you would start defending your attack dog claiming it wouldn't ever harm anyone. Some dog breeds are not to be trusted and newspapers are full of stories about people being attacked by neighbors dogs, family dogs, stray dogs etc.

And even if said cop had killed a dog before, that dog might have been an agressive dog apparantly beyond control of it's owner.

Back to the settlement.
We know that the settlement was made and we also know that settlements are often made to "get this thing out of the world", "to keep it out of the press", "to shut someone up", "to avoid more bad press".
A settlement is often reached in cases where both parties see that this could drag out and potentially be an expensive experience.

Would I have killed the dog? Probably not.
Would I have charged the owner for not having the dog under control? You bet.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by HolgerTheDane

Would I have killed the dog? Probably not.

Probably not? I can't see how this is even open for debate. There is absolutely nothing that justifies killing the dog in this case. Nada.

You're pathetic.

Would I have charged the owner for not having the dog under control? You bet.

You, and the likes of you, are really starting to p*ss me off.

The cop entered private property. The dog was on private property. The dog didn't even run directly at the cop, but past him, as the video clearly shows.

How hard is it to understand that this cop just trampled on these people's rights big time, also the dog's rights, and that he is a big fat coward, and that his actions are so far out of proportion, that it's mindboggling.

Did you see the dog's pic, at around 0.45 in the video?

Does this dog scare you?

I can't believe people like you are actually sticking up for this piece of trash cop.

Pathetic.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Point of No Return
***snip***
You're pathetic.

Yep. It's my middle name.

The cop entered private property. The dog was on private property. The dog didn't even run directly at the cop, but past him, as the video clearly shows.

So what you are saying is that nobody is allowed to enter your property, approach the front door, ring the bell and talk to you?

The dog was on a course for the cop. It got shot. I continued past him where it rolled over dead. Perhaps you should watch the video?

How hard is it to understand that this cop just trampled on these people's rights big time, also the dog's rights, and that he is a big fat coward, and that his actions are so far out of proportion, that it's mindboggling.

He was afraid of the dog. Yes. Trampling on peoples rights because he drove up their drive. Get real!

Did you see the dog's pic, at around 0.45 in the video?
Does this dog scare you?

I saw the picture. It's cute - on the picture.

It might scare me if it ran toward me barking like mad.

I can't believe people like you are actually sticking up for this piece of trash cop.

I'm not so much sticking up for the cop per se, but rather trying to say that there seem to be more than one way to interpret the video. I try to see both sides. You have chosen not to. Your choice.

Pathetic.

Told you - it's my middle name.

Did I piss you off some more?

EDIT: By some sort of weird cooincidence your tag is the sanme as the name of the sword I carried in my D&D days.
How funny is that? Not! Ah well.

[edit on 22.5.2010 by HolgerTheDane]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Point of No Return ***snip*** You're pathetic.

Did you add the snip in my quote? Why?

So what you are saying is that nobody is allowed to enter your property, approach the front door, ring the bell and talk to you?

Yes they are, but they have to play by my rules, and not shoot my dog for running in their direction.

as mentioned before, if the cop felt that threatened, why didn't he go back in his car? He had the time for it.

No. His first reaction was to reach for his gun. What a coward. What a disgrace.

The dog was on a course for the cop. It got shot. I continued past him where it rolled over dead. Perhaps you should watch the video?

I did, it clearly shows that the path of the dog never crosses the positions the cop was in.

He was afraid of the dog. Yes. Trampling on peoples rights because he drove up their drive. Get real!

If that scares him he should not have become a cop.

It's so sad that you can't seem to grasp this. Not for driving up their drive, but for disrespecting their rules on their property and killing their pet, wich is usually considered as family.

The cop had the choice to retreat to his car, he didn't, instead he went for his gun, and executed the family dog.

Are you saying that those people didn't have the right to live in peace and not having their dog shot by someoned they didn't invite?

It might scare me if it ran toward me barking like mad.

Barking dogs don't bite. Don't be such a wussyboy.

Don't flatter yourself. It's the spineless jellyfish movement you represent, that annoys me. You are a mere specimen.

EDIT: By some sort of weird cooincidence your tag is the sanme as the name of the sword I carried in my D&D days. How funny is that? Not! Ah well.

*cough*geek*cough*.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by HolgerTheDane

***snip***

EDIT: By some sort of weird cooincidence your tag is the sanme as the name of the sword I carried in my D&D days.

D&D days...Lmfao.. ROFLMAO.... No really... Have you even seen a v@&!^a? I cant stop laughing...That is like crapping your pants.. you DONT TELL ANYONE!!!!!

[edit on 22-5-2010 by Mobius1974]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Point of No Return ***snip*** You're pathetic.

Did you add the snip in my quote? Why?

I do that as a note for anyone reading, so that they know that I have removed text.
Many people quote out of context. At least when I do, people will know and can check out the original text.

It is also a waste of space to quote everything others write if I only respond to part of it.

***snip***
The cop had the choice to retreat to his car, he didn't, instead he went for his gun, and executed the family dog.

Are you saying that those people didn't have the right to live in peace and not having their dog shot by someoned they didn't invite?

No, but what I am saying is that if you have a property where people might enter (i.e. with no fence and no gate) you have an obligation to keep the dog on a leash, a chain or under personal control.

The dog might be a very nice dog, but if it decided it wanted to protect against a percieved threat, then it is not nice anymore. If the owner isn't there in person to control the animal, then any person feeling attacked have the right to defend themselves.
The cop didn't think he had time to get back in the car. So he used his gun. Bad choice, but not entirely difficult to understand.

Barking dogs don't bite. Don't be such a wussyboy.

That's where you are wrong. Barking dogs (depending on their bark of course) are warning you. The warning could end in them stopping with the barking, but only because they can't bark and bite at the same time.

Don't flatter yourself. It's the spineless jellyfish movement you represent, that annoys me. You are a mere specimen.

And I get annoyed with knee jerk reactions where people readily throws themselves into the frey against The Man, without considering the facts from different angles.
What you and a lot of others have done is being led by the invisible ring in your nose by people with a cause.

You should consider this:
YOU are standing in a driveway. YOU have a gun. YOU don't think you can get back in the car when a large dog approaches at a far pace whilst barking like mad. YOU are convinced it is on the attack.
What would YOU do?

And don't give me this Crocodile Dundee crap, where you can stare the dog down. It doesn't happen in real life with dogs determined to attack.

EDIT: By some sort of weird cooincidence your tag is the sanme as the name of the sword I carried in my D&D days. How funny is that? Not! Ah well.

*cough*geek*cough*.

No need to hide under a cough. I'm that age, where we had to entertain ourselves and the world of D&D was an alternative.
We didn't have videogames where you pretend to be fellonies and wipe out cops. We didn't have a music culture that entices us to resist authority at any cost. What we did have was respect for others.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mobius1974

Originally posted by HolgerTheDane

***snip***

D&D days...Lmfao.. ROFLMAO.... No really... Have you even seen a v@&!^a? I cant stop laughing...That is like crapping your pants.. you DONT TELL ANYONE!!!!!

[edit on 22-5-2010 by Mobius1974]

So you think it is a bad thing to admit to having played D&D 25 years ago?

Are you for real?

I didn't notice your snide remarks when people wrote about their willingness to shoot a cop entering their property under the rule of trespassing.

Mobius might be a good name to choose. It goes round and round and round. Twice if I recall, before getting back to the starting point. But it still get's back to the starting point. Doesn't really go anywhere. No forward movement.

[edit on 23.5.2010 by HolgerTheDane]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   

I do that as a note for anyone reading, so that they know that I have removed text.

Ok, but you made it look like I used profanity.

No, but what I am saying is that if you have a property where people might enter (i.e. with no fence and no gate) you have an obligation to keep the dog on a leash, a chain or under personal control.

Is that so? Could you post the section of law that says so?

I bet all the people visiting there, are either not such pussies and know how to interact with dogs, or stay in their car until the owner shows up.

It's their property, and their rules should be respected. Anyone else who would've feared the dog in that situation would've stayed in their car, or would've gotten back in their car.

There would've been time enough if it had been his initial reaction.

Just because the cop had a gun, he decided he would go for the option of killing it.

That's where you are wrong. Barking dogs (depending on their bark of course) are warning you. The warning could end in them stopping with the barking, but only because they can't bark and bite at the same time.

If dogs are intent on attacking you, they don't warn with their barking. The dog did what dogs do, bark, and run towards you, on their territory.

I experience this myself regularly.

You should consider this: YOU are standing in a driveway. YOU have a gun. YOU don't think you can get back in the car when a large dog approaches at a far pace whilst barking like mad. YOU are convinced it is on the attack.

Well the cop could get back into his car. Like I said, it happens to me often, if you are a pussy and afraid of dogs, you shouldn't enter people's property, especially in rural areas where everybody has dogs on their property.

And don't give me this Crocodile Dundee crap, where you can stare the dog down. It doesn't happen in real life with dogs determined to attack.

It's not crap, you're just ignorant. If you hold your ground and don't act nervous, no family dog will attack you. Dogs just come to check you out.

I'm not saying I could jump over a fence of a maximum security facility and do this to a guard dog, off course.

The dog wasn't determined to attack, just showing normal dog behaviour, again a cop that can't handle this, or even recognize this, shouldn't be one.

Again, the dog never ran directly at the cop.

And I get annoyed with knee jerk reactions where people readily throws themselves into the frey against The Man, without considering the facts from different angles. What you and a lot of others have done is being led by the invisible ring in your nose by people with a cause.

I think I've countered your angles that would justify the cop's actions, therefore I've considered them.

If you can't see that the police is not about "serve and protect" anymore, you're the one that's being led astray, apologist.

What we did have was respect for others.

So, we all should respect this cop? I'll give him the same respect he showed.

What a gutless piece of jelly you are.

[edit on 23-5-2010 by Point of No Return]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   

As I have already stated previously. If I were to be home at the time of the MURDER.. The repercussions would have been swift and direct. I would have taken my 7mm Remington and seperated this pigs head from his shoulders. I know that there would be repercussions... I love my dog like one of my children... Had I not been home...I would have found this gutless pig and exacted revenge.. Knock my statements all you want ...this is the truth. If this cop had ANY, I mean ANY legitimate reason to be on this property.. My outlook would be different. He was lost..and for what ever reason decided to stop at this house. He had NO OFFICIAL business there... NONE. (on this property). Lets get past whether or not this dog was out for blood.. Lets look at size and options. The dog was only 35 lbs.... This officer had mace/tazer/batton and boots... Yet this spinless coward chose gun first and foremost. And to the D&D ... Yes I would keep that to yourself.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Point of No Return

Tell that to the 7 year old little girl in Detroit.. Oh wait you cant.. She was burned then shot by our peace keepers. Then the lying pigs are trying to cover the actual story. Then the cop beating and kicking the mexican guy.. Then the MD cops beating the guy...and lying..only fessing up when video surfaced.. Cops are out of control. PERIOD. 2 types of people become cops with very few exceptions.

1) The kid that strives to fit in but is picked on.
2) The jock that fizzles out in sports ...but isn't smart enough to have a legitimate career.

Click the links....The facts are here.. open your eyes.
rawstory.com...

www.theoaklandpress.com...

rawstory.com...

madmikesamerica.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

Say what you want about our peace keepers.. There is a mentality that they are above the law..With very few exceptions.

[edit on 23-5-2010 by Mobius1974]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Mobius1974

Tell what?

I think you need to re-read my post.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   

you sound like a grade-A douche bag in this post. If you think for one minute that the shooting of this animal is actually justified, then you need to have your head examined. PRIVATE F#ing PROPERTY is the only thing that needs to be said. The fact the cop is a raging Pu#y is another issue, as a bite from one of those dogs is not only not very painful, but could have been avoided by a kick, a night stick, a gun-butt or just running/getting in the car. Get real and/or quit trolling. I really don't care to read anymore of your idiotic logic. I rarely call people out on this site, but you are really testing my ability to not spew profanity in a manner that would get me banned.

I remember reading your thread on some sort of proof of alien time travel........enough said

[edit on 23-5-2010 by Shark VA84]

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join