It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

English to Be Replaced with Spanish in USA in 50 Years

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Shows how much they know of what is going on. Social services is not on the habit of reporting people. No one gets deported. And there are special programs for people who are not citizens.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Highly unlikely.

English is the most complex language on earth, and therefore the superior means of communicating in Science and Business. English is recognized around the globe as THE business language of the 21st Century, even though the business itself is drifting beyond American shores to the Pacific Rim.

I'm not inventing this information (as does Pravda). For the last 10 years, I've been writing business whitepapers for various industries centered in Korea, Japan and China, and they all readily recognize that English is, by far, the most sophisticated means of business communication.

As for Español, well... Let's put it this way, nobody is asking me for business whitepapers and case studies in Spanish, nor from Spanish to English.

Even Mexico doesn't have a "standard" written or spoken Spanish language — there are so many dialects of Español in Central America, formal Spanish is essentially USELESS down there. On top of that, the great majority of Mexican illegal aliens in the USA right now are high school dropouts, which is why they aren't a threat to the business marketplace. Doesn't matter what language they speak, they're still just farm hands.

So, you don't have to worry about Spanish "replacing" English... That would be like ancient Latin replacing modern English. Ain't happenin' now or ever.

— Doc Velocity

<< 1   >>

join