It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protecting future data access.....2012?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
The Swiss are taking no chances that we will not be able to access data on Windows XP.

Undeground data key

Seems like quite an extreme for just 25 years of protection.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
this reminds me...I've noticed a lot of Deals and contracts with people./teams/players/businesses/ companies are all ending on 2012......

maybe ever other week I hear of one and none are significant but they are starting to add up slowly......

Anybody else notice this....

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

And how many Goverment promises that dont start till after 2012?

I haven't seen any real proof of anything in 2012 but there are a lot of strange things being done.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Isn't there a chance that many things are going to start and finish on any given year? And that its only that people are noticing the things for 2012.

Although, the Cameron takeover in the UK in time for the 2012 Olympics in London is a bit ominous.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
My only observation is that in recent years there is a concerted effort to protect Seeds, data, art, and other items of cultural significance. Maybe it's just one the many new lines of business that are helping to spur on the economies around the globe. Such as "the war on terrorism".

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
The Earth goes through cycles of volatility and cycles of stability. We are entering a time of increased global warming, more frequent and stronger earthquakes, etc. Much of our data and technology wouldn't survive the smallest of catastrophes let alone a large-scale one.

I believe this is, at least in part, why we see a bit of "scrambling" to begin protecting information, artifacts, etc.

Plus, governments are trying to get their hands on as much information as possible -- all medical records, one huge clearing house/storage facility, etc -- they better ensure they are protected come hell OR high water if they think anybody is going to trust them with all of this information. (not that I do anyway, but I digress....)

new topics

top topics

join