It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats next for evolution???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
my question is, what do you feel would have a positive effect on humanity in the way of evolution, a prediction if you will.

the first thing we need out of completely is the wisdom teeth, our jaws are no longer big enough to house wisdom teeth and the fact that we no longer need them is a pain (pun intended), we also dont need the subclavius muscle (most people dont) or the palmaris muscle (was probably used for swinging in trees), or the plantaris muscle (used for feet grabbing), also, 80% of people have the pyramidalis muscle (a sort of pouch), also a lot of body hair is not needed (given, some are.), we also dont need our tail bones, and we dont really need the paranasal sinuses, appendix (a lot of people know the pain this can cause, i for one do not, thank god.), erector pili (used to puff fur for insulation, we dont have fur, and for clarification, goosebumps are the signs of this), male nipples, or the 5th toe believe it or not. i'm sure there are things i missed but i think this is quite a variety to think about.

what i want to know is, what changes would YOU say, would help us advance?
(whether it be a change to a body part or a new body part altogether).
no stupid ideas like 6 arms please haha.

[edit on 18-5-2010 by Dr Slim]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
i know if this doesn't stay up that it will just fade away with no posts
2nd line.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Appendix tops my list - I've had mine out following an acute inflammation, I've even known people who have died from it (away on travel). I hope to God that we are still in a UK with a functioning NHS/civilisation should my son suffer it.

On a less serious note, I've always fancied that owl like head rotation thing, would be really useful when driving, - wouldn't it be freaky though - ugh, on second thoughts...

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Slim
my question is, what do you feel would have a positive effect on humanity in the way of evolution, a prediction if you will.

Just breeding the top few percent of males as donors. That should raise the health,IQ,talents,looks,etc of the population to near perfect in less than 200 years.

Or we could breed lower IQ people to create a slave class. Hmm is that the actual plan?

[edit on 18-5-2010 by RRokkyy]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
The next traits are already coming to surface as you pointed out.Using logic and several generations,one can see a split in our developement

Option 1
The agricultural man will develope similar to the greys(alien),Our bodies will continue to weaken due to less phyisical demands,our jaws will continue to devolve with the softer foods we eat,and we no longer hunt with our sense of smell which will intern reduce out nasal needs,and as we use less energy to move around will give our brains more time to think and grow which will increase our thought process and increase our skulls.

Option 2
The hunter\gatherer man will develope stronger,losing some of the current smarts because it needs the extra energy to find food, and regrow the hair needed to adapt to the environment...think real hard and with this description you would end up with what we call bigfoot.

Any arguements ATS,

As to a positive effect I would say it is up to each person to decide which way they want to develope.

TPTB are pushing us towards option 1, but I cannot say for a fact it is the right one for us(humans) to survive on this planet.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Slim

what changes would YOU say, would help us advance?

I propose we become smarter.

body

If you want some arbitrary physical changes that might be nice:

* Replace fingers with boneless psuedopods, and more of them. Perhaps several dozen per hand.
* Add a nictitating membrane
* Invert the knees and redesign the legs to make us suitable for running
* Generally improve senses: full spectrum vision, enhanced sense of smell, hearing, etc.
* Similarly improve the vocal range
* Generally remove hair everywhere except the head
* Widen the tearducts sufficiently to run water through for cleaning
* Remove the toe and finger nails
* Add the ability to regenerate lost limbs and tissues
* Add the ability to perform photosynthesis
* Add the ability to synthesize vitamic c, and other essential components that we presently need to consume
* Standardize blood types
* Include a full set of sex organs: everybody's a hermaphrodite
* Add a set of gills to the neck
* Correct the problem of telomere loss during mitosis

Etc.

But all these suggestions are very limiting. For example, half of the above could instantly be made redundant by giving humans the ability to shapeshift.

It all just depends on how far you want to go and how much power to do it you have to work with.

[edit on 18-5-2010 by LordBucket]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
We need to develop usb ports and 7-in-1 card readers at the base of our necks.
A stomach system like buffalo would be handy; then we could live off of wild grasses and our waste could safely be used as fertilizer

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Our physical eyes/visual cortex would become more suited to seeing astral realms of reality. This would allow easier interaction with extra-terrestrial species allowing us tremendous benefits to our advancement.

[edit on 18-5-2010 by Thermo Klein]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

what's next for evolution

Will depend largely on our environment, and which adaptations are best suited to survive in that changing environment.

Hopefully genes will adapt to surviving in radioactive environments.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
With how long humans have been on the planet ,I could see where both of the options of my previous post would\should have already happened throughout generations and why there is reports of sightings both ways,

I ask myself all the time,

Are we the grey area between the black and white of this evolution.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRokkyy

Just breeding the top few percent of males as donors. That should raise the health,IQ,talents,looks,etc of the population to near perfect in less than 200 years.

Or we could breed lower IQ people to create a slave class. Hmm is that the actual plan?

Except that statistically speaking IQ tends to regress towards population average. Maybe with long enough breeding some bad alleles could be washed down from the gene pool but I don't think this idea will go down well with general population. Also it would lead to mighty increase in risk of heritable diseases (because of less alleles around). So all together not the best idea..

To be honest I don't think humanity will change much (without a cultural revolution) in any meaningful time scale. At the moment pretty much everybody lives long enough to make babies and pretty much all the babies get to do the same. There's no selection in any direction going on.

If I had to guess.. as population densities increase immune systems will become stronger (also has to do with us running out of clean water in global scale). That's positive in a way. Chemicalization of nature will probably lead to more tolerance of toxins and what not.. also nice thing in a way thou it could have been avoided..

[edit on 18-5-2010 by rhinoceros]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
i would like a thumb on the outside of my hands too
and possibly laser beam from my minds eye

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by LordBucket
reply to post by Dr Slim

If you want some arbitrary physical changes that might be nice:

* Replace fingers with boneless psuedopods, and more of them. Perhaps several dozen per hand.
* Add a nictitating membrane
* Invert the knees and redesign the legs to make us suitable for running
* Generally improve senses: full spectrum vision, enhanced sense of smell, hearing, etc.
* Similarly improve the vocal range
* Generally remove hair everywhere except the head
* Widen the tearducts sufficiently to run water through for cleaning
* Remove the toe and finger nails
* Add the ability to regenerate lost limbs and tissues
* Add the ability to perform photosynthesis
* Add the ability to synthesize vitamic c, and other essential components that we presently need to consume
* Standardize blood types
* Include a full set of sex organs: everybody's a hermaphrodite
* Add a set of gills to the neck
* Correct the problem of telomere loss during mitosis

[edit on 18-5-2010 by LordBucket]

some nice ideas there
2nd line (i'll elaborate later)

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Moving mitchondrial DNA to the nucleus could significantly increase lifespan and prevent some nasty mitochondrial diseases.

www.fightaging.org...

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I think we can do better than that.

[edit on 19-5-2010 by _SilentAssassin_]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by rhinoceros

Originally posted by RRokkyy

Except that statistically speaking IQ tends to regress towards population average.

Which is the result of random breeding. Breeding the High IQ to the Low IQ.
Increasing the number of High IQ breeders reverses that.
The worry of disease is disinformation propaganda of the NWO.
Diseased gametes once identified are simply not bred.

A Fantastic Book on the Subject-
Wiki:
"Last and First Men: A Story of the Near and Far Future is a science fiction novel written in 1930 by the British author Olaf Stapledon. A work of unprecedented scale in the genre, it describes the history of humanity from the present onwards across two billion years and eighteen distinct human species, of which our own is the first and most primitive. Stapledon's conception of history is based on the Hegelian Dialectic, following a repetitive cycle with many varied civilizations rising from and descending back into savagery over millions of years, but it is also one of progress, as the later civilizations rise to far greater heights than the first. The book anticipates the science of genetic engineering, and is an early example of the fictional supermind; a consciousness composed of many telepathically-linked individuals."

[edit on 19-5-2010 by RRokkyy]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I think one day we will be 1 gender, but i would say we are not ready for it yet but you can be sure the ptb will be playing with this idea soon.

I think its where we are going. Plus it has nothing to do with the rubbish about love or sex or what have you, its just where we are going.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Surely evolution of humans has stopped? Evolution occurs to adapt to habitual and environmental changes doesn't it, and we use technology for that. Technology has replaced evolution.

If that isn't the case, then I'd like wings please. Big ones. Cheers.

Sendran.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join