It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't trust politicians: Aussie opposition leader

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

Australian opposition leader Tony Abbott had the country's political establishment in uproar on Tuesday after an astonishing admission that voters often cannot trust what he says.

Abbott's slip, just months before expected elections, came during a TV interview when he was taken to task for first promising no new taxes, then proposing a new levy just a month later.

"Sometimes in the heat of discussion you go a little bit further than you would if it was an absolutely calm, considered, prepared, scripted remark," Abbott told 7:30 Report anchor Kerry O'Brien on ABC TV.

"The statements that need to be taken absolutely as gospel truth are those carefully prepared, scripted remarks."

The government seized on the remarks as evidence that Abbott, who has made big gains in opinion polls, was not a credible leader.

"It's kind of like the fine print on the bottom of the packet saying, 'use this product, but by the way, it might kill you'," Finance Minister Lindsay Tanner told ABC radio.

Deputy Prime Minister Julia Gillard labelled Abbott "Phoney Tony", while her Labor party also rushed out a political attack ad aimed at undermining the opposition chief.

"Next time Mr. Abbott says anything, ask yourself, 'Is he telling the truth?' Because by his own admission, he's probably lying," the TV advert said.

What a retard! Well he can pretty much kiss his political life and political party good bye come this election in OZ.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
What a retard! Well he can pretty much kiss his political life and political party good bye come this election in OZ.

I'm still voting for him. Anything to get Labour out. They are much worse. And we're not like the UK. If a minister becomes a burden, even a PM, the party can dump him.

We also have multiple ways to trigger new elections mid term.

Deputy Prime Minister Julia Gillard labelled Abbott "Phoney Tony", while her Labor party also rushed out a political attack ad aimed at undermining the opposition chief.

Don't get caught up in the rhetoric of Australian politics. Jullia Gillard is a massive sellout just like her whole party. They're as corrupt as you can get and their only real agenda is to drain the wealth from this country and distribute it to their mates and relatives.

They're liars and thieves.

[edit on 18-5-2010 by belial259]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by belial259

anything to get labour out?? how do you know that is not what TPTB expected and have planned accordingly.. knee jerk reactions are no match in a game of chess, every move planned in advance...

just look at whta that mentality get you.. we got BARRY by using this logic...ie. BARRACK HUSSEIN MUHAMMED OBAMA SOETORO.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

This is just another in the endless list of gaffs Abbott is so famous for making.

I thought I was used to his homophobic, right wing, patriarchal, religious foot in mouth episodes but this one took the cake in the stupidity stakes. What an absolute clown!

IRM

[edit on 18/5/10 by InfaRedMan]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by rebeldog
anything to get labour out?? how do you know that is not what TPTB expected and have planned accordingly.. knee jerk reactions are no match in a game of chess, every move planned in advance...

just look at whta that mentality get you.. we got BARRY by using this logic...ie. BARRACK HUSSEIN MUHAMMED OBAMA SOETORO.

You don't know what they've done. They've spend so much of our money. Driven this country into debt. They want internet filters. Massive taxes on miners and farmers for stupid ETS. They rort public money every day with their school buildings and failed insulation schemes and hire their friends in cushy government departments that don't even do anything. All this in one term.

Last time they were in they did exactly what the UK labour government did. Scorched Earth Policy, 10 billion black hole in the budget. And they're doing it again right now using dodgy accounting methods to make it look like we're going to be going back to surplus even though we're actually spending more money.

And they're going to sell QR, another national Icon. You have no clue how unpopular they are. Abbott isn't Obama.

I have personally met Rudd when I was younger, he was a joke then and he's a joke now. I've met Wayne Swan, the guy tried to crack onto my MUM AND DAD at the same time.

Anna Bligh is taking massive amounts of land that is locked up by Agenda 21 and letting her friends go in there and mine in the middle of national parks, while the public loses it's land with no compensation.

Bob Carr turned NSW into a shambles, and now we've got some non Australian woman in charge of the entire state. She's got an American accent.

These guys go to lunches and swingers parties on taxpayer money. They travel everywhere on it and so do their friends and families. Again and again and again in the past 3 years there have been travel rorts, ministers giving funds to their family, Ministers cheating on their wives on taxpayer funded trips, even with female ministers from opposing parties.

I am praying people wake up and remember why Labour just spent the past decade and a half on the opposition. They are criminals make no mistake about it. They don't represent workers, they don't represent Australian business. They represent the bankers and no one else.

And if they're not soundly kicked out next election we're going to end up just like the USA and UK.

Kevin Rudd is our Barry Soetoro. He has a CHINESE ALIAS and spent years living there.

[edit on 18-5-2010 by belial259]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by belial259

Your premier is an American born to an Australian mother and an American father in Las Vegas, NV and grew up in Toledo, OH.

Kristina Keneally

new topics

top topics

join