It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Triangular UFO over Manchester

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Too good to be true in my opinion, sort of reminds me of the Russian Pyramid video. The usual suspects are cropping up. Like the shortness of the vid (49 secs) not zooming or stopping the car to get a closer look. If that was me i would be slamming on the brakes.

www.youtube.com...

Here is what he/she says:

"Saw this dark triangle object just hovering in the sky as I was on the way to a job, went to grab my camera but lost it behind buildings after about 2 minutes. UFO perhaps? This was last Friday around 1 :45pm driving on the Mancunaian way (A75) towards Salford, Manchester. Just want to know if there's any explaination for this"

Make of it what you wish, just thought i would throw it in.

October

[edit on 17/5/10 by October]

Mod Edit: Identified as hoax here

[edit on 5/26/2010 by yeahright]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by October

Was the person claiming they were filiming this and driving a car at the same time. That would be difficult

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Wow, I like it.

As usual with these short clips- I wish there was more.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I have sent a message to the poster on Youtube to join the discussion, we'll see if we get a response. I did forewarn that we will sniff out a hoax pretty quickly :-)

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
What about that zoom?

I'm not buying this. You can do this using CGI.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Unless it was a camera phone, maybe they can only film a certain amount of video. If it is cgi it's well done when other objects go in front of it

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Not all cameras have zoom. I have a still camera with movie feature. If I saw that UFO I couldn't zoom while filming.
Great footage, BUT, that's a busy place he/she's driving around in, where's all the other clips/witnesses.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by October

October.....

Thanks for posting this video.

At "first look":

There appears to something wrong with the perspective....i.e. the "movement" of the "object" against the background sky.

The revealing & ongoing positioning of the “object” looks staged.

The "smoothness" of the filming of the "object" appears to be at odds with the "object" being filmed from a car.

I'll have a more detailed look at this when I get time later on today.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Always make me suspicious when they just sit there. Could be some kind of balloon.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
TGhat must be real, stop the video at exactly 32seconds, you can see the triangle through the grated overpass, that would be very hard to recreate.

Any thoughts?

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I agree Maybe..Maybe Not, it doesn't look right. Some aspects of it are quite impressive but as you say the perspective seems a little off. Mybe somebody will analyse it with more detail.

October

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Ya .. I don't understand these guys ..

If I saw something like that ... you can bet I'd screw work for an hour more at least just to park somewhere and get some good footage ..

If I had the fore-sight of carrying a camcorder around with me .. you can bet I'd have charged backup batteries also ...

You can also bet that I'd stop traffic so others could see it also and hopefully be able to take their own footage with cell phones or whatever ...

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Not a chance. The compressor dampening the motion effect of the video is a give-away instantly.

Coupled with the fact I'm a Manchester guy myself and theres next to nothing in terms of air traffic over the City Centre itself, so a craft of this size hovering at 1.45pm for all to see would instantly be twittered, picked up by radio, TV, mobile phone cams etc. Manchester is a spread-out city in terms of density so the skyline is always viewable to millions throughout all corners and the centre of the City.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
that's just cg or me, doesn't make any sense....
i'm betting my two bucks on CG

sorry to be the party pooper but that's cg all the way

and all these cg clips are really not helping the cause hot disclosing the truth that is out there, if anyone on the fair website still honestly believes it...

lets get real, lets start thinking of posting stuff that is real, not trying to post stuff that we make at home just to say that we managed to post it on ATS

come on guys,,,,,

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
If that person had carried on the Mancunian Way and headed in Salford, they could have managed to film directly under this 'UFO'. Funny how that there hasn't been widespread panic on the streets due it being located under one the busiest areas of the neighboring city, Salford Docks. Fake IMO.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I agree wholeheartedly with what your saying there honestly, I think it's healthy to post all footage though. Not to try and dupe people into thinking what they are seeing is real but show what progress the cgi guys are making so we can call them out (if this is cg). The other thing for me is this. How many times does the average person actually look up? If there was a noise accompanied with it maybe but what if it was silent? If it is cg it's very subtle in it's execution.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by October

Fair point my friend, but I would have more respect for these video makers if they were bold enough to admit to the authenticity of the footage rather than playing on the minds of the more accepting people in society.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Why IS the reflection of the triangle object visible on the building not only before it even shows up but also if the object is behind the building? Also, the "birds" seen flying past the object (especially at the very beginning) are flying far too erratically and do not appear to be legit. Finally, if you look REAL closely as the object first moves out from behind the building you can see what appears to be some sort of shadow underneath which quickly fades away and almost looks like yet another object moving in the opposite direction. Too much doesn't add up here. I find it hard to believe that anyone faking this would overlook that reflection but that's what appears to have happened here.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
A huge black triangle over Manchester and only one guy caught it on video? "Ok"...

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I think it's real but I'm willing to change my mind if someone proves it isn't.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join