It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did You See The U Shaped Moon Last Night? Amazing Pics!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Has Earths shadow repositioned itself? Last nights "Laid Back" Crescent moon was definitely strange.
Is this a normal phenomenon?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1e6064cb21c0.jpeg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cc748c032ad2.jpeg[/atsimg]

[edit on 17-5-2010 by discl0sur3]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I saw that last night and the night before as well. This should be normal for this to happen.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
If it wasnt for the trees i would have said it had been turned? Never seen the moon like that before. Looks like something has moved?

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

Here's another view...this was taken from Greece apparently.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ba9ccda425ee.jpeg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Italy

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ef1831ea98e6.jpeg[/atsimg]

link   
Can you describe what supposed anomaly you are talking about? Shape, size, direction, or what?

[edit on 17-5-2010 by Tearman]

link   
ive seen this before, last october i think.

But shadow of the moon was completly blacked out, The rest of it was bright orange.

Plus it was freaking huuuge. like 5 times bigger than it normally looks.

[edit on 17-5-2010 by MR BOB]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Is everything a conspiracy to you? This is normal! You should really do some research before you post threads. Not everything is abnormal, some things that happen are natural. The moon looked just fine and beautiful

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
It depends on the orbits and the latitude apparently, nothing to worry about. Not if it was a blood red eclipse of apocalypse...yeah.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Isn't this what it's usually looks like?
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/00377f9a7f40.jpeg[/atsimg]

link   
Never in my life have I seen the moon in this position. It was always at the side, not at the bottom.
Hey, does this mean that the world is ending? I kid, but not really. I jest, with caution.
Awww, heck, to me the reason why this is like this is due to the earth getting squeezed by Venus and the Earth's dark twin. It is that whole Planet X that just about very few believe in, that is making it look that way. Much like the sun is either too far to the north, or too far to the south. The reason for all the earthquakes, floods. Venus looming large in the night sky.

Now, tell me that the sky is NOT falling yet, and everything will be okay?

link   
Did you, by any chance, feel...smarter?

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Odd, to be sure.In all my years I have never seen this effect before, but then again I have been seeing a lot of new things happening, all over the world. "There will be signs in the Heavens." Read that in a book somewhere. If we think in the ancient way, the Moon being a reflection and mirror of Mother Earth, it would seem that perhaps she is sending us all a message....and SOS, for she is in trouble. I have been reading a few post in here this morning, plus the cable news websites, and it does seem like BP finally has a handle on what they are doing. I was beginning to think they didn't. Then some other posts caught my eye, and this oil spill, much bigger than the Exxon spill in Alaska, seems to be having an effect on the planet as a whole. Like seafood? I do, never met a fish I didn't like. I can easily see the price of seafood go up dramatically, shrimp already has, at least in my area.

Mother Earth is near death, folks, the time approaches when the end of a cycle will come. This is known in secret circles, and it is written in stone all over the world, the Mayan calendar being one of these. We have had prophets. Not only biblical ones, but other ones too, that have told us of these things. Being of a different way of thought than most, I started a serious study of the Occult Teachings, everything I could get my hands on, years ago. Later on, I began to connect the dots that led to the secret societies and their secrets, and one of those was that the Earth shift's it poles every 26,000 years or so. Take a good look at this planet. It has been torn up more than once, if we could take off all of the oceans, we would see that we really have but half a planet, for the Pacific Basin is a huge hole, like some planetary body slammed into it at some distant point it the distant past.... This easily explains the strange, out of place objects that have been found all over.

So get ready, we are in for the ride of the century, and we all have a front row seat. Cheers!

+10 more 
posted on May, 17 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
Is everything a conspiracy to you? This is normal! You should really do some research before you post threads. Not everything is abnormal, some things that happen are natural. The moon looked just fine and beautiful

AGAIN...what l is this website for if I can't ask a question?
Who said anything about conspiracy?

I noticed something odd and turned to ATS for answers.
I'm not an astronomer but some of you guys are so...why would I research for hours when I can have my answer in minutes??

Don't read my threads if you don't agree...I have plenty of support from others.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Wait a minute. Is this about the orientation of the moon--what direction the reflected sunlight is pointing? It will look different depending on your latitude. In equatorial areas the moon will look tipped over sideways (compared to northern views), in areas south of the equator, the moon will look upside down (again, compared to northern views).

[edit on 17-5-2010 by Tearman]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by discl0sur3

FYI, as you dont appear to have grasped it, moon phases are not caused by the earths shadow falling on the moon. They are caused by the moons own shadow dependant on the relative position of the sun! Try shining a flashlight onto a ball and you'll see the cause and effect.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conon

FYI, as you dont appear to have grasped it, moon phases are not caused by the earths shadow falling on the moon. They are caused by the moons own shadow dependant on the relative position of the sun! Try shining a flashlight onto a ball and you'll see the cause and effect.

Fair enough but how the shadow appears is really a moot point, thank you for correcting me though. My question was in regards to the shadows position on the moons surface, I've never noticed the crescent in the absolute 6 o'clock position before.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
That only means that the sun was below the moon, as viewed from your position. It happens, you probably just didnt notice it before.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   

I have lived half my life in arizona and half in louisiana and I have never seen a crescent moon on the bottom like that.
kind of weird.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Full moon, Half moon, total eclipse or crescents left or right. I have never seen this before. As for what it really looks like to me is like the earth has turned and we didnt even notice.

The pole shift wasnt that bad after all?

Seriously, hand on heart never seen anything like it S&F for post

So what has happened?
Sun moved down?
Moon moved down?
Earth moved up?
Poles shifted on the sly?

[edit on 17-5-2010 by jazz10]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join