It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official: Black Panther case lacks proof

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Washington Times Article

Assistant Attorney General Thomas E. Perez told the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights on Friday there was "insufficient evidence" to bring a civil complaint against members of the New Black Panther Party who disrupted a Philadelphia polling place in the 2008 general elections.

Mr. Perez, the only Justice Department official to testify publicly before the commission about the case, said that without sufficient proof that party members or the organization's leader, Malik Zulu Shabazz, directed or controlled unlawful activities at the poll or made speeches to incite or produce lawless action, the complaint "would have likely failed" in court.

Black Panthers get off free, I guess this was no surprise with the way DOJ kept dragging there feet with this case after several queries from congressional members.

Voter intimidation was caught on video not only by news agencies but also there were witnesses present who attested to the actions of the two that were patrolling the entrance steps at this particular voting location.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I thought they dropped the case last year.

I didn't know they was still dragging on the dog and pony show before eventually saying cased dismissed.

join