It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Celebrity Perfumes Laced with Hormone-Altering Toxins

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
www.greenbiz.com...

Britney Spears lends her name to a perfume called Britney Spears Curious Eau de Parfum. But if you are curious about what goes into Britney's eau, don't ask Elizabeth Arden, the cosmetics giant that makes the fragrance. Sure, some ingredients are identified on the label. They include Alpha Iso Methyl Ionone, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Cital, Citronellol, Diethyl Phthalate, Eugenol, Farnesol, Galazolide, Hydroxycitonelle, Limonene and Linalool. But another 17 chemicals are not listed, and they could be bad for your health, according to two advocacy groups, Campaign for Safe Cosmetics and the Environmental Working Group. It's no wonder the marketing for the perfume asks: Do you dare?

What do you guys think? I have been hearing a lot of talk about fluoride being purposely put in our water system, causing brain damage and bone decay. I have also been hearing about Bill Gate's TED TV presentation about population control with vaccines. How are people not waking up to this? Also does anyone know of any list that show fatal or deadly combination's of ingredients?

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
When I was with my ex I bought her this crud. She loved it so why not.

I honestly don't tihnk people will ever wake up. The conspiracies are too deep. Its not so much that they want to kill us with chemicals in fragrances, its just that they don't care what they created is harmful and market it anyways; to make more money of course.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
This is the same with most food.

All full of 2 common chemicals that will kill you slowly. In EVERYTHING!

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Yuck.
Good thing I don't wear perfume much, maybe like twice a year at most.
Anything by Elizabeth Arden sticks in the back of my sinuses, which is reminiscent of the feeling you get when you puke in your mouth.
I use perfume for paralyzing spiders, just thought I would try it out one day when I got scared at this huge furry one, and it actually worked! There are definitely secret/hamful materials included in these products.
It makes me nauseous, and is one of the other little reasons why I don't go to church anymore.
(Little old ladies mixing their outdated floral aromas with the sharp, even acrid, artificial tang of men's cologne, which they overuse...)

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by drkid

It doesn't stop at perfume. Most soaps, shampoos, deoderants, dish and laundry detergents contain endocrine disruptors as well as neuro and excito-toxins. Cooking with aluminum and Teflon releases all sorts of fun toxins. As others have mentioned, processed foods are extremely bad for you.

If it's not processed then it is irradiated or sprayed with pesticides, herbicides and fungicides. Organic products actually have fewer regulations, so it's possible that organics are not what the sellers claim them to be. Water is full of the same things as food plus jet fuel, organophosphates and many, many others depending on where you live. Some building materials are leeching toxins while you sit in your house and breathe them in.

Nearly everything we come into contact with contains toxins nowadays. The arguement that I keep hearing is, "the levels of these toxins are low compared to tolerance and biological effects".

Each product may only contain a small amount of toxins, but when you add up the amount from each product/element over a life time then it is not difficult to understand why rates of disease in the U.S. are skyrocketing.

That's the good news. The bad news is that there is only so much you can do to avoid these toxins/poisons. Keeping your body radical free is a full time job with overtime and even with all that effort there is no guarantee that your body/mind isn't being harmed by these unnatural 'products'

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by drkid

Good thread! S&F!

As I read the list of ingredients of BS's perfume ( if it can legally wear that name... ) struck me as odd; Eugenol.
I thought "Oil of Eugenics?"... Here is a link that defines eugenics.
www.answers.com...

It says:

n. (used with a sing. verb) The study of hereditary improvement of the human race by controlled selective breeding.

Hmm... Selective Breeding... In products oriented at young people...
Next, I found this;

Eugenol is a chemical in clove cigarettes. It serves as a weak anaesthetic and has been used by dentists as a pain reliever ("clove oil"). Eugenol is listed by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) as "Generally Regarded as Safe" (GRAS) when consumed orally, in unburned form. It is non-toxic in food, but toxic when administered directly to the airways.
... as in cigarettes and perfumes?...

So it is TOXIC when breathed, and they put it in CIGARETTES and PERFUMES destined to youth?!? How's that for selective breeding?...
Link to last external quote: www.sourcewatch.org...

How is Eugenol toxic? It is said to be Hepatotoxic; (from hepatic toxicity) implies chemical-driven liver damage... and to cause dermatitis...

en.wikipedia.org...
www.pesticideinfo.org/references/97-53-0hsdb.doc ( This one is a downloadable file about toxicity of Eugenol )

And this is only one of the declared product of Britney Spears wonderful contribution to humanity... As if "singing" was not enough damage!...

new topics

top topics

join