It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just whats in a name?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Billy bob joe , timmy turner ,fred wood, just letters stuck toghter so we know who you are.
But every once in a wile and well all know them there are people whos names just there name alone tells you WHO they are. On the day I was born they all gathered round to star at the bundel of joy they had found .
and its beings LETS name him her.
BOB lazer . 30 years later as if we evr though it wasnt going to happen mr lazer has well a lazer lololol .
onword awww hes so cute lets name him scot yea i like scot fell sound good dear.
30 years later wile skiing in the Olympics . Come on scot did you really think you would make it all the way down?? yea scot fell as if that wasnt going to happen.
well now I love my boys and wile i raised 6 from babys only 3 were my skake and bakes .
now 5 out of 6 bet just with there first names you can tell me alot about them if you think.
ok Tanner Logan . Stephen that as in stefen say it like its spelled with the F.
conrad and quinn .
now hen i named my boys i just wantyed something different not another timmy.
but little did I know taht years later the names accutly matched each boy . of corse you have to be smart enough to derive the man behind the name but if you good you can.
anyway if you know a name that accutly tells you who that person is add it if possible scot fell bob lazer o come on tiger woods yae we all know were he got to .
wood another tearm for can you gess yea golf club tiger well that he is

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I've always been of the opinion that a name carries energy with it when spoken.

So as a name is said over time the energy conveyed upon saying that name shapes the person somewhat.

The last syllable is important to as this is where most chi is given or taken accordingly. So saying the name Alex for example imbues a certain energetic pulling back action on the part of the person saying the name as the person is litterally hissing the last syllable, which is a primal sound when one is under attack.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by xxcalbier

name is limiting you to a condition as a possession of another living

it is horrible to be aware and handle so many others livings sources claiming having rights on your objective expressions rights realities, even when it is only words everyone is there to mean possessions on

so it says how it is not true that people are superficial in general, what is true is that powerful hidden free others are meaning to limit yourself objective realisations to possessions that cant mean but dirt
so they take all what it could have any value to them

and noone cares about that situation forcing people to live through, yourself dont belong to anyone but you the free awreness looking after its positive true existence and life

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Yes, names do signify a sense of 'belonging' to someone or something, especially surnames. It's needed. My maiden name is O'Ceallaigh or anglicized, O'Kelly/Kelley/Kelly. It is the 2nd most popular surname in Ireland. The O'Ceallaigh's were dispersed over all of Ireland into 7 septs. Some ended up in Derry, some in Leix, Offaly, Wicklow, Kildare, etc, etc, etc... Certain spellings of the name signified what county u came from, what ur clan was best at or if u were a peaceful clan or not, I'd want to know the difference between them fer sure. A name can tell You who's the father, the son or the grandson of a particular ppl. A name is how we differentiate one another, especially family members. It can tell u what one does for a living, as in Smith was a blacksmith by occupation. So if ur horse needed shoes one would know who to go to. I will say that regardless of what my surname is my children are MINE, they do belong to ME. They arent a possession like a car or a house but they are mine. I use that statement a good deal too. When I'm told MY children need the h1n1 vaccine and will be vaccinated in school, I say 'NO, they are MY children and You'll do no such thing to MY children. 8 or 18 or 108, they are mine, not urs, not his, MINE and I'd dare someone to tell me different. My personal opinion aside, are we to run around calling each other 'Hey you??' And have you dropped ur monicker as to not be hindered by it? Names are needed. You are what limits yourself, not ur name.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I don't make too much about a name for one it wasn’t my choice. As a child I never liked my name got teased just as others did I guess. Where they came up with the notion to put meanings to names is quite interesting and far ranged ..Any where from the Zodiac to Greek mythology ..ect.
So maybe it does have some energy connection .. Bright Dawn is what it says for my first name .. I have to chuckle cos it reminds me of an old saying .. or Quote..
Red sky in the night is a sailors delight ..Red sky in the early mourning is a sailors warning... other than that there is also numerology linked with a persons name ..
When I named my daugher.. I was definately thinking on the terms of the meaning.. I know in certain cultures it have naming cerimonies ..for instance my native name was picked by an elder.. so I guess there is much more to a name, than we all know about
as for my surname name it is Sicilian..and means a certain type of fish ..ewww

[edit on 21-5-2010 by NorthStargal52]

[edit on 21-5-2010 by NorthStargal52]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by pharaohmoan

I agree completely. This is why I am appalled when I see some of the names people give their kids.

I think it sets the tone for that persons life.

Now this isn't a scientific law, case-in-point, Marijuana Pepsi. Still, not a good idea.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

I laughed.

I think it boils down to creativity rather than the phonetic sound of a name. Because being creativity enforces meaning of all things. If you name your kids something with little or no meaning, or even worse something with a severe negative meaning, then what's the point. But just giving names out that sound "nice" or pleasant loses the point of naming a child.

just my 2 cents.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Ever listened to "A Boy Named Sue"?

My kids have unusual names. Maybe it will help build character. They will never find a pen or keyring with their names on it at a souvenir shop or gas station but I think that is a good thing.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
A name can be unique or cool and thats okay, but if you have a name like Bunny or Candy it can start to define you and you act accordingly to the name

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
A name can be unique or cool and thats okay, but if you have a name like Bunny or Candy it can start to define you and you act accordingly to the name

top topics

join