It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

San Diego Faces Own Medicine as Arizona Residents Cancel Travel Following Boycott of State

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
We also supply L.A. with water, and electricity. La Raza and their ilk are the real racists in this situation, intent on the southwest US going back to Mexico. If L.A. wants to support these racist groups over Americans, we should let them do it thirsty, and in the dark.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Police Depts. all around the US are divided
on the issue. Pitting officers against chiefs, etc...

news.yahoo.com...

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

All I'm reading here is that San Diego did the right thing even though there would be consequences for them.

If everyone did this, the world would be a much better place.

I'm surprised that so many of you can't see the value in standing up for what you believe in no matter what.

Integrity.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by prionace glauca

Originally posted by hangedman13
Feel good politics at it's best
How dare anyone from AZ. dare boycott us?
What will they do when AZ has company from other states? Their opinion is a minority anyway. Isn't the percent favoring the bill nationwide like fifty-one or so?

That support went up now, it is at 58% approve of the law and 71% approve of the LE's asking individuals for papers to prove citizenship.

Please supply your source.

Thanks

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Below is the Webster's Dictionary definition of the word Fascism. Fascism was what the Nazi's were for those of you whom may not have made the connection yet.

Main Entry: fas·cism
Pronunciation: \ˈfa-ˌshi-zəm also ˈfa-ˌsi-\
Function: noun
Etymology: Italian fascismo, from fascio bundle, fasces, group, from Latin fascis bundle & fasces fasces
Date: 1921
1 often capitalized : a political philosophy, movement, or regime (as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition
2 : a tendency toward or actual exercise of strong autocratic or dictatorial control

I cannot comprehend how anyone can distort Arizona's passage of their immigration bill as deserving of the above definition. Arizona has not restricted its borders to legal immigrants via this legislation nor have they proposed the modification of the existing status of any legal immigrants within the state. Arizona has in no way singled out an individual race with this bill. Illegal aliens can be of any race.

Arizona has not come to this bill's passage through any sort of dictatorial or autocratic means; 70% of their population voted for this bills passage. 70% is more than a reasonable majority of the citizenry and cannot be construed as being forced on the people of this state contrary to their will.

Arizona has not proposed segregation of the citizenry, the banning of any foreign languages, or exercised control over religion, press, or speech with this bill.

There are many out there whom compare Arizona to some sort of Nazi regime for passing this law. I ask those people to read the above Webster's dictionary definition of the word Fascism. I then ask those same people to consider my above statements and give thought to a basic question. Is Arizona fascist for passing legislation that the majority of the citizens support or are you (the ones accusing Arizona of fascism) the true fascists and racists in this situation. You are the ones continually associating only latino peoples with the term illegal. You are the ones that want a minority opinion to override the majority rule of Arizona's population. You are the ones that seem so determined to boost latino culture and rights above those of the majority of the citizens of Arizona. So again I must ask you, who is the Fascist in all of this?

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by brianmg5

Please supply your source.

Thanks

Poll 1

Sixty-one percent of Americans — and 64 percent of registered voters — said they favored the law in a survey of 1,016 adults conducted May 6-9.

Poll # 2

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/54c77a156eea.jpg[/atsimg]

The numbers have gone up a little since I saw them last.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by brianmg5
reply to post by network dude

I'm surprised that so many of you can't see the value in standing up for what you believe in no matter what.

Integrity.

Well, not to come off as a racist/nazi/imperialist/ignorant pig, but I thought that's what Arizona was doing since Washington can't be bothered.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Do any of you realize popular music bands and big name stars are also boycotting arizona?, Papa Roach has said it will boycott arizona until this law is dismantled and or taken off the books, more bands are going to boycott arizona, I've heard that WWE is considering taking arizona off its list of states to travel to and perform in, Arizona might want to reconsider the implications of this illogical law, arizona will be hurting more when big acts or movie companies continue boycotting the state. Notice green lantern isn't being filmed in arizona? its being filmed in Louisiana, politicians in arizona are being stupid with convincing people from the state to boycott california. By doing so arizona will get bitten in the ass in return more bands & more sports teams will turn against the state & boycott, fans of bands WILL have to go out of state to see them play in effect arizona fans of such bands will travel to california or other states to see them play live. Arizona stop the childish behavior before it becomes too late, consider the major impact to your economy and the consequences you will burn bridges that will have long term effects.

[edit on 17-5-2010 by MisticDragon]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MisticDragon

Wait so Arizona is engaged in childish behavior? There is nothing childish about the Illegals crossing through its borders and its very serious. It childish for the entities you have mentioned that are boycotting AZ because of its stance. 13 other states are taking up a similar stance, and there is wide spread approval of the way Arizona is handling its business. Just look 2 posts above this one for the recent polls

The only ones that will be hurting from the boycotts are the ones who plan on boycotting Arizona. There are many more who support AZ in their decision and their wrath will be felt so much more than the children who started this boycotting act.

[edit on 17-5-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a boycot of Ca by Az is alread in progress but we need more sigs. Here is a list of boycot items

1. Arnold Schwarzenegger: His movies, books and other endorsed products.
2. Disneyland and the State of California as a Tourist Destination
3. California Vineyards and their products.
4. Farmers Insurance (California domiciled company that has numerous employee rights violations and is owned, in part, by British American Tobacco- which has a Slave Labor Camp in North Korea)
* Every Signature will cost California an estimated $1,273 in annual revenue. That's $127,730 per 100 signatures!

boycot info

so far just over 500 sigs ...1/2 million and climbing.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Good for Arizona.

Another thing Arizona should consider is relocation of illegals caught in Arizona to California instead of deporting them back to Mexico. Since California is "so concerned" for the status of illegals, perhaps they would appreciate a few dozen new welfare cases each week they could show "compassion" for.

[edit on 17-5-2010 by romanmel]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I think California will find that its cities need Arizona tourism dollars a lot more than Arizona needs conventions from California.

Especially when the illegal immigrants in Arizona move to California and start using up even more state funding without paying taxes.

It will be interesting to see what happens in the summertime when California requests power from Arizona (as they do from all the surrounding states as Cali hasn't built a power station since the 70's).

Arizona should deny the California request when it inevitably comes, and tell them that they need to pay off their debt to the Arizona Utility Co's before they send them any more power.

A few rolling blackouts with air conditioners not running will probably change some minds in California.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Here's a detailed study on the impact of travel to California for the years 1992-2008, with 2009 Preliminary State & Regional Estimates, if anyone wants to review the details:

www.visitcalifornia.com...

[edit on 17-5-2010 by manta78]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by MisticDragon
Do any of you realize popular music bands and big name stars are also boycotting arizona?, Papa Roach has said it will boycott arizona until this law is dismantled and or taken off the books, more bands are going to boycott arizona

That will hurt Papa Roach more than anyone else, and alienate them from a large part of their fan base. They're not the Dead, they don't have large followings that travel with them, so they will miss out on concert money, AZ won't miss anything but a mediocre band. And what other bands are you referring to? We have ALOT of concerts coming up, in July we have a big Korn and Rob Zombie concert.

I've heard that WWE is considering taking arizona off its list of states to travel to and perform in, Arizona might want to reconsider the implications of this illogical law

The WWE is considering pissing off it's MAIN fanbase, flag waving conservative types??
Good luck with that McMahon. If what you're saying is true, it's not AZ that needs to reconsider...

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

I never understood the attraction to the WWE.

Of course I was in real wrestling growing up. Made it to state several times.

I have to agree that the gun toting religious folk are WWE fanatics.

I do not understand the correlation, something to do with the movie idiocracy, I think.

[edit on 5/17/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
I never understood the attraction to the WWE.

Me either, I think it's like a soap opera for men, lol.

I don't really care who jumps on the boycott wagon. Also, seems there are alot of people saying they will come here to support us, it's nice to see where people stand in this country. Our own basketball team buckled under the La Raza pressure, and wore "Los Suns" jerseys one game. I don't care for basketball either, but I know that pissed ALOT of people off, and I am sure it will bite them in the @ss too.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Just saying that my family will be visiting relatives in Sedona, AZ this year instead of my loved ones in California. In fact, the California folks are coming to Sedona for a big hoop-lah. In short fu*k California.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Very good, VolksArizona!

Deny me. Others must not be made aware of our presence. The horrors of Nazism is still too fresh in the minds of others. Disassociate yourselves from me. What we say to other in public and think in our hearts privately is all that matters!

We will continue to use 'sleight of hand' techniques to achieve our greater aims - the Nazification of USA!

Let the fearful simple folks think that we are protecting them by only 'enforcing federal law', as we empower my SS and the Gestaopo, step by step stripping them of all their rights until the only right they have is live to work, and solely for the Masters!

Like the SA ( brownshirts) who started by beating up unarmed jews, and cheered on supported by fellow Germans who stick their middle fingers to others and the world, and then disband SA and let SS take over to do the harder stuff of 'final solution' - extermination ALL misfits until I along live!.

Heil Fuhrer Jan Brewer!

Seig Heil Arizona!!!

Schutzstaffel SS Heinrich Himmler
Generalbevollmächtigter für die Verwaltung

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Can we stop with this Nazi gimmick already? You've driven this sensationalist angle into the ground, and it never added much to the discussions that you've interjected it into anyway.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
25 30 emails out of the millions of people that probrably go there for vacation, dosent seem like to big of a loss to me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join