It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP's Oil Siphon Successful

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   

BP's Oil Siphon Successful

www.foxnews.com

In a major step toward containing a massive Gulf of Mexico oil leak, BP said a mile-long (1.6-kilometer-long) tube was funneling crude Sunday from a blown well to a tanker ship after three days of wrestling to get the stopgap measure into place on the seafloor.

The contraption was hooked up successfully and sucking oil from a pipe at the blown well Sunday afternoon after being hindered by several setbacks. Engineers remotely guiding robot submersibles had worked since Friday to place the tube into a 21-inch (53-centimeter) pipe nearly a mile (1.6 kilometers) below the sea.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 16-5-2010 by rothmans]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
They are getting 85% of the oil. "While not collecting all of the leaking oil, this tool is an important step in reducing the amount of oil being released into Gulf waters," BP said. A relief well, considered the permanent solution the leak, is still being drilled and is months away from completion.

www.foxnews.com

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by rothmans

Yeah we know, already posted about 5 hours ago...you missed the big debate over it, the gloomers were upset their disaster was aborted.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Just Wondering

Can you give a link to said post?

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by rothmans

If what they claim is true, i'm glad to hear it. I just hope they have a way to get the 15% that they're not collecting out of the water, as well as what's already been spilled.

I think he's talking about this thread.....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by chise61

Yes, its a sad situation. This news is encouraging. Some day soon oil wont be so important but for now we need all we can get.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
This is a refreshing post. I would like to get away from the doom and gloom as much as possible. Thank you for your post!

The media gets hold of stories, and the next thing you know the event is blown all out of proportion. "Life will be obliterated on the planet!!!" It's terrible to have this happen, but humans are pretty good at fixing things when they put their minds to it.

Now, if we could get rid of the greed and corruption in the fuel industries then we would take a step in the right direction.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by cybertroy

Most men are good, but they dont run the world the few rich scum bags do.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
You've got that right, most of mankind is good. It just sucks when the scum take positions of power.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by cybertroy

I will live out the rest of my years in peace & happiness, I cant say the same for those that follow.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Just Wondering

Yep I like rose colored glasses better too, sometimes you just need to take em off.

Best estimate of the oil poring out is estimated to be discharging from 5,000–100,000 barrels (210,000–4,200,000 US gallons; 790,000–16,000,000 litres) of crude oil per day.The exact spill flow rate is uncertain and is part of an ongoing debate. The resulting oil slick covers a surface area of at least 2,500 square miles (6,500 km2) according to estimates reported on May 3, 2010, with the exact size and location of the slick fluctuating from day to day depending on weather conditions. In addition, on May 15 researchers announced the discovery of immense underwater plumes of oil not visible from the surface.

Yeh keep those glasses on, nothing to see here. IGNORANCE IS BLISS.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   
yay problems solved. Glad thats over. Now its onto clean-up. hopefully it won't be bad.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by rothmans

They are getting 85% of the oil. "While not collecting all of the leaking oil, this tool is an important step in reducing the amount of oil being released into Gulf waters," BP said. A relief well, considered the permanent solution the leak, is still being drilled and is months away from completion.

www.foxnews.com

Did you read the article you posted?

BP Tube Only Getting About One-Fifth of Gushing Oil, Executive Says

www.foxnews.com...

They are capturing 15%, and 85% is still gushing.

Looks like all those that agreed with you don't read either. Sad situation. So intent to downplay this disaster, can't even get the truth straight.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Downplay, no. It is a disaster, no doubt. But sensationalizing doom and gloom isn't a good thing either. With all the doom and doom, it is believed we are dumb monkeys that can't figure things out. Of course people are going to work on solving the problem. Do you really think BP, no matter how greedy they may be, wants their name totally ruined? It is in their best interest to do what they can to fix the problem. That's just logical thinking.

I don't know, maybe there is some sort of deeper conspiracy? But, if I'm BP, I'm in there trying to repair relations with my customers. I'm going to fix it.

I don't think oil is our best form of energy, but I'm just saying....

Troy

top topics

join