It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Suggestion: Add A Video Top List - ATS 2010

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I would like to see a 'Video Top List' where members can vote for the most important videos which other members should and "must see"

Whenever I have some time to kill and when I can't find something interesting to read on ATS - I like to watch some good videos.

But most videos are spread all over the place in so many different threads with so many different topics, so It's very time consuming to easily and quickly locate a few brilliant Video-Gems to watch when I have some free time.

So I would love to have a top 20 list or something - where I quickly can look for recommendations about Videos that are interesting to watch.

The copyright issuses could be solved easy through the "Fair Use" doctrine since there is no commercial interest behind the 'Top List' - and these Google and YouTube videos we are already using in all threads are SOLEY for educational and discussion purposes!

I only ask for a compiled list where I can find a few videos from interesting threads quick & easily!

Connected with every video of the video 'Top List' we could even have links to the threads where these videos were posted in the first place, with the discussion - so this initiative would also promote the threads where the discussions are taking place, and give more interest towards interesting threads as well.

The Video ranking system could be done with something similar to stars or flags perhaps?

Maybe this is too much work to compile?

I hope anyone understood what I meant with this request!

Best regards!

[edit on 16-5-2010 by Chevalerous]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I think it's a great idea!

What a great resource ATS is for a collection of intriguing, bizarre and often unseen vids. I think the ranking idea you suggest would work and the Top List idea would be cool, linking a thread with each vid. I'm down!
Peace

[edit on 16-5-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
I think it's a great idea!

What a great resource ATS is for a collection of intriguing, bizarre and often unseen vids. I think the ranking idea you suggest would work and the Top List idea would be cool, linking a thread with each vid. I'm down!
Peace

Thanks for the support mate!

Yeah! today I found by chance, 2 interesting video interviews with the Nasa "Intruder" Gary McKinnon in a thread with few flags.

So in reality! not all great videos come to the attention of members here (for an example) if the thread have very few flags.

And in threads with more flags there could also be many good educational videos which are very easy to miss in the current fast flow of information.

I think a video 'Top List' would facilitate an easy accessibility to great videos which we otherwise could miss to watch.

And it would also be a quick way to find a good and interesting video to watch if you have some time to kill between things, but can't find any interesting videos quickly among 100's of different threads!

[edit on 16-5-2010 by Chevalerous]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
hey , i totally agree with you, i see myself searching thru threads and post looking for different interesting videos! i think this is a great idea, lets see this done ATS!

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Chevalerous

I was unaware of the McKinnon interview, I will watch it this evening, thanks! While we are here I will mention my favorite vids, which are actually documentaries, but nevertheless, they were monumental in shaping my conceptual perspective. Before The Music Dies, is about why today's music(or at least what we are served) seems like crap and has numerous seasoned musicians chiming in on the notion.
Noam Chompsky's Manufactured Consent was a red pill for me, opening my eyes to the influences in our lives and how they affect us, wow!
Secret Space - I have seen hundreds of ufo vids, but nothing like this, I was blown away by the footage! The doc goes into a lot of Nasa conspiracy stuff, which I'm really on the fence about, but the evidence presented leaves me tilted more towards plausible, in that Nasa is a cash cow. But the Space footage is jaw dropping and when I searched it, there was a thread but it didn't get much action, I believe because how it was introduced, maybe?
Peace

SECRET SPACE
video.google.com...#

MANUFACTURED CONSENT (fair warning, lengthy)
www.hulu.com...

BEFORE THE MUSIC DIES ( Must see for music fans)
www.hulu.com...

[edit on 16-5-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Great guys! let's hope that Springer and S.O likes the idea as well?

And thanks for the video-links speculativeoptimist! - great! now I have some interesting videos to watch tomorrow!

Thanks for supporting this idea guys!

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
The best video I found on ATS for me, although very lengthy, is Nassim Haramein's lecture at Rogue Valley. (linked below)

It took me a few attempts to take it all in first time round, due to it's length and the need to digest the information, but it was worth it.

Although there is a more recent and polished version of the same lecture (crossing the event horizon), this particular presentation is a lot more personable and intimate.

Please give it a try, some of it is life changing.

Part 1

Part 2

Viridis.
----------------------------------------------------------

The answer to life, the universe and everything is:

For tea, Two. (42)

(There's nothing in life that can't be solved over a good cup of tea and a chat )

[edit on 16/5/10 by v1r1d1s]

[edit on 16/5/10 by v1r1d1s]

new topics

top topics

join