It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP...What's missing from the news?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Being the news hound that I am I find a few things missing in the oil spill disaster.

1. Ten people are missing. Who are they? Why weren't their names ever released?

2. Why have there not been news on any memorial services or funerals?

3. No interviews with the families?

4. No family members coming forward?

In most other disasters we normally see all of this.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
It's 11 men. It is a shame that more hasn't been written on them in the national media but local media has written stories. This is from about an hour searching the internet, I'm sure there's more on them.

Shane Roshto
22 / Male
LIBERTY, Mississippi, US
Myspace Page
Wife - Natalie Roshto

Shane's Obituary:

Shane Michael Roshto, 22, of Liberty, Miss., died Tuesday, April 20, 2010, in an offshore oil rig explosion. Visitation was at Bethel Baptist Church in Liberty on Wednesday until memorial service, with the Rev. Dusty Rhodes officiating. Mr. Roshto was born in Baton Rouge. His family moved to Liberty in 1999. He was a great husband and father. He never met a stranger and befriended everyone. He was an inspiration to his friends and family. Mr. Roshto loved his job. He was ambitious and had a strong work ethic. Even after over three years working on the rig, his co-workers tended to “baby” him because of his young age. Blaine Michael, his 3-year-old son, was his dad’s shadow. Like his father, Blaine developed a love of the outdoors at an early age. Mr. Roshto wrote two dates - his wedding day and his son’s birthday - inside of his hard hat. He referred to these dates when he was having a bad day. He was preceded in death by his grandmother, Verna Mae Jordan; grandfather, Alfred Roshto; and uncles, Kyle Jordan and Fred Roshto. Survivors include his wife, Natalie; son, Michael Blaine; mother and stepfather, Denise and Bobby Arnold of Meadville; father and stepmother, Ronnie and Debbie Roshto of Walker; sister and brother-in-law, Diana and Ed Evans, Greensburg; nephews, Jayce Walker and Wyatt Evans, both of Greensburg; brother and sister-in-law, Rusty and Allison Roshto, Walker; niece and nephew, Laney and Cade, both of Walker; stepsister, Andrea Arnold of Franklin County; maternal grandfather, Walter “Jack” Jordan of Clinton; paternal grandmother, Eula Mae Roshto Gremillion of Brusly; mother-in-law and father-in-law, Lyn and Mike Gurney of Liberty; and two brothers-in-law, Josh and Braeden Gurney, both of Liberty. Honorary pallbearers were Paul Johnson, his rig manager, Ron Arnold, co-worker and friends, James Hayes, Kyle Marshall, Dale Floyd and Bobby Hollingsworth

Karl Kleppinger, Jr.
Natchez, Mississippi
38-year-old Desert Storm vet
Wife - Tracy Kleppinger
Son - Aaron Thomas Kleppinger

Once he even put his life at risk for the company, said Matthew Sudduth, a brother-in-law.

"Something went wrong on the rig he was on, it started listing extremely badly and started taking on water," Sudduth said. "A hatch needed to be opened under the water line, and when they asked for volunteers, the only one to stick his hand up was Karl. Karl had no dive experience."

He went under, opened the hatch and the rig with its 125 workers stayed afloat.

Dewey Reyette
48 years old
State Line, Wayne County, Mississippi
Daughter – Andrea Cochran

Aaron Dale Burkeen
37 years old
Nickname - "Bubba,"
Sandtown community near Philadelphia
Wife – Rhonda Burkeen
Father of two
Favorite TV show was Man vs. Wild

Wyatt Kemp
27 years old
Monterey, LA
Wife - Courtney Kemp,
Mother – Peggy Kemp
Aunt - Mary Way
Grandmother – Caroline Kemp
Father of at least one that just turned 3

Gordon Jones
28 years old
Baton Rouge, LA
Engineer
Wife – Michelle Jones

Adam Weise
24 years old
Yorktown, Texas
Grandmother - Nelda Winslette
Lutheran
During his three weeks off, the former high school football star spent time with his girlfriend, hunted deer and fished from his boat.

Jason Anderson
Texas
Father of two

Donald Clark
49 years old
Newellton, LA

Stephen Curtis
40 years old
LA
Married and had two teenagers
He taught his son to hunt and play baseball and was active in his church.

Blair Manuel
56 years old
Gonzalez, LA
Mother – Geneva Manuel
Three daughters.
Engineer
Had season tickets to Louisiana State University baseball and football games.

news.yahoo.com...

livingstonparishnews.com...

www.nydailynews.com... tml

www.chron.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow"> www.chron.com...

www.huffingtonpost.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow"> www.huffingtonpost.com...

seattletimes.nwsource.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow"> seattletimes.nwsource.com...

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Thank you for all of the information and the time it took you to research it! I appreciate it so much!

And you are right.....we should have heard more about them on the major new casts! They deserve that much respect at the very least and so do the families that were left behind.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I am such a sap.

Reading about the death of Mr. Roshto brought tears to my eyes and I feel for his little boy and all of his family.

This guy sounded like a great guy. How sad.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I think it is sad when people such as these are reduced down to just a group number! They deserve recognition! Their families deserve our heart felt sympathies for their losses.

top topics

join