It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skunk Works - Denying Ignorance!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by GENERAL EYES
Next time you're in a pet store and see an iguana eyeing you, you know he's sizing up your fashion sense.

I got into a fist fight once with an iguana!
I would of won but he sucker punched me!

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by GENERAL EYES

Ok, so now even forum moderators join the off-topic attempts at humor.

Way to hold up your own standards.

Please add to the point made in the OP or face the consequences. Don't make me use my awesome powers and deduct some of your ATS points.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Hi Folks,

You know, I was trying to make a serious point with the OP and I guess the de-railing is my fault since I gave the temptation for people to contradict me. Regardless of the way this thread has meandered, I stand by my OP statements with the caveat that 'in general' the posters on Skunkworks respond politely and constructively.

I still give it a

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by SugarCube

You know, I was trying to make a serious point with the OP and I guess the de-railing is my fault since I gave the temptation for people to contradict me.

Hell no, definately not your fault. I'm sorry for my part in the derailing, but those other posters never even responded to your OP, they were in a hurry to ridicule and make jokes.

This is in no way your fault, your OP was clear, and what can you do if even Mods take it off topic.

And comments like this make me sick:

Stop trying to derail this thread with facts! We are conducting a serious investigation into the how and why of reptilian cross-dressing!

No, you are being A-holes.

How is this relevant to the OP? How is this not disrespecting the OP?

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
On a more serious note:

From wikipedia:

Skunk Works

The designation "skunk works", or "skunkworks", is widely used in business, engineering, and technical fields to describe a group within an organization given a high degree of autonomy and unhampered by bureaucracy, tasked with working on advanced or secret projects.

(emphasis mine)

I rather enjoy that concept.

There are a lot of underestimated threads to be found in this forum, and it's always been one of my favorites as well.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join