It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death toll climbs in Bangkok as Thai PM warns of civil war

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Death toll climbs in Bangkok as Thai PM warns of civil war

www.cnn.com

The prime minister urged the citizenry to understand and embrace the government's stance. The country couldn't allow the rule of law to fail, he said, warning that the longer the protests continued, the higher the risk for the public.

"The government proposed a reconciliation plan but it was rejected," Abhisit said. "This benefits no one. It only benefits a small group which wants to harm the country and lead it to civil war. It is unbelieveble that they use peoples lives for political...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
A possible civil war in Thailand would lead to the collapse of the Organization of South East Asian Nations. This could lead to a civil war in their neighbouring country of Myanmar(Burma). This is becoming a very serious situation on our planet.

When these sorts of things occur it would typically make people very scared or anxious, not me. I just sit back and think, our world has already been through so much, this is a human problem not a global natural problem. Not to say it is not a big deal, but simply to imply that we can all make it without our luxuries in life that come from a stable growing economy.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I am currently working in Thailand, and I live pretty close to where this is happening. From what I can see, it doesn't look like civil war is about to happen, but who knows what will happen if this doesn't end soon.

They are really disrupting the city here. I've stayed in my apartment every night from Thursday through today. I've had to stock up on food and water just in case the SHTF. I don't think that will happen, but it's better to be prepared.

join