It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US war vet wants to be an Indian

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   

US war vet wants to be an Indian

www.hindustantimes.com

A 72-year-old American, a veteran of the Vietnam War, approached the Supreme Court on Friday seeking political asylum in India. Jeff Knaebel has been living in Shimla since 1995, but wants to become an Indian citizen now.

Knaebel tore up his passport at Rajghat on June 19 last year. “After tearing up my passport, I’m stateless,” he told HT, adding he fears the US will persecute him.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Well this is a interesting piece of information I came upon...here are the vets words

Arguing his case, Knaebel said US policies were based on war and destruction and “would one day destroy this beautiful planet Earth.”

“The US government is incomprehensibly malevolent. It takes our money, our identities, and our lives. It gives us back corruption, war and lies…” he had said when he tore his passport.

I wonder if more and more people will start leaving U.S, I believe this was reported b'coz the guy was a Vietnam war veteran.

www.hindustantimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
well she must have been fine.
of corse i have seen many fine India woman and to top it off there not American woman .
If i was a person of means i would have left long agaio .
a sorryer bunch of people i have yet to see .
o but were free well lets just see what you have done with your freedom shell we/
made a welfare state are you a woman well we will be glad to help you out well pay for your home well pay for your kids well even through in a few bucks so you have time to hold a sign tell us how tearble men are.
BUT theres just one chech YOU CANT get marred YOU cant have a MAN living with you. O dont worry when your kids have no male role modle after all men are nothing to a family they only beat and cheat .
yea they may be 3rd world countrys but you dont see the men or woman destroying there own FAMILYS and children even in the worst of times they stick toghter wile we are bussie taking every thing we can from each other.
captiolism at its finest fatherless children ( you make more money that way.
think im full of it how many of your daughters have flashed there boobs for a nickle worth of beeds and who is it that never tought them they were worth more.
alest in Iraq they fathers mothers and kids can fight back

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by xxcalbier

I can tell English isn't your first language. This isn't a language center, its an English Language based website. Learn to communicate your ideas in English before bringing that rubbish here. That entire post was near-incomprehensible.

Unless you are drunk or impaired, go to school and learn to read/write the English language PROPERLY, or if not PROPERLY, at least to an acceptable standard.

I say it all to frequently, but this site is going down hill, FAST.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
lol thanks for proving my point.
my spelling well tell you what send me 3k ill take a cores in grammar.
useless yea show how eager you are to trash week minded self centered egotistic .
to bad for you i used spell check that time just like you always have to .
yea i know you use spell check my you cant spell ether .

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

of corse i have seen many fine India woman and to top it off there not American woman .
o but were free well lets just see what you have done with your freedom shell we/
made a welfare state are you a woman well we will be glad to help you out well pay for your home well pay for your kids well even through in a few bucks so you have time to hold a sign tell us how tearble men are.
BUT theres just one chech YOU CANT get marred YOU cant have a MAN living with you. O dont worry when your kids have no male role modle after all men are nothing to a family they only beat and cheat .
yea they may be 3rd world countrys but you dont see the men or woman destroying there own FAMILYS and children even in the worst of times they stick toghter wile we are bussie taking every thing we can from each other.
think im full of it how many of your daughters have flashed there boobs for a nickle worth of beeds and who is it that never tought them they were worth more.

What?

Originally posted by xxcalbier
lol thanks for proving my point.
my spelling well tell you what send me 3k ill take a cores in grammar.
useless yea show how eager you are to trash week minded self centered egotistic .
to bad for you i used spell check that time just like you always have to .
yea i know you use spell check my you cant spell ether .

What?

[edit on 15-5-2010 by SpectreDC]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Off-topic: This is the greatest discussion ever.

On-topic: Why is this news? There are millions of people worldwide that want to be legal citizens in every country.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by xxcalbier

Women here only do that of their own accord.

At least we don't turn women into slaves.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Well now, this is interesting. Not even a whole page yet. And already the defensive supporters of corruption are comming out of the wood work, apparantly attempting to shout down a perfectly normal attitude toward the darkness inherant in the system, the shadow cast by the light of democracy.
Although I enjoy and on occasion benifit from the western way of life, I can also see its bad points, and god knows Im aware of the evils it perpetrates to continue its existance. What also riles me somewhat , is that some posters on this board, have , rather than reacting to the OP story, begun campaigning against eachother, over points as petty as spelling and grammar, when there is subject matter at hand, far more weighty and appealing.
Shame on you for pointing the finger at the ignorance shown by bad spelling, especialy since your ignorance is a thousand fold, having ignored the basis of the thread entirely , merely to attack someone with a veiw you do not share. That is not the point of the thread, and I sincerely doubt the OP meant for this thread to contain nothing but personal attacks and similar foolishness.

Where the OP story is concerned , I am not suprised this gentleman saw reason to tear up his passport. If my Grandfather was alive now, Im sure after seeing the mess Britain is in, he would more than likely do the same, either that , or dust off his suit and go to westminister with as many WW2 vets as he could find and have a word about our foriegn policy choices. Both the UK and the US have similar responsibilities in the aftermath of our vengance, that vengance neither proportionate, nor compassionate. That vengance which has seen civilian lives taken in thier tens of thousands, and has spilt the blood of our nations sons and daughters, on land we have no right to.
There are so many reasons to agree with the vetran in this story , even though we have the benifits of our western way . The healthcare, the police, the security , the safety ... all of these we pay for not in blood, not in money but by loosing the moral high ground. This sacrifice is for many unacceptable, and damn you if you cannot at least see why , even if you cannot agree with it. Its one thing to ignore something you find unpalatable, but its quite another to not see it in the first place.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxcalbier

I can read it ,yes it is harder to read than say a book or a well educated persons response ,but whats a little effort,I got the jive.
Xcalibier,
I agree these people understand the value of family and will survive far better than the average brit,or yank, whos familys are broken living seperate no real bondings, if the # its the fan,The asians,indians,will end up on top,we are screwed with all the pride and the i aint going to humble myself speak,which we do now.oh im a brit from a screwed up family.

top topics

join